• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Housing costs in California is very, very high.

It's relative to one's circumstance I suppose.

Try Boston, try here for that matter.

That's why I thought, what under $800 how can that be? Yet there was the guy wiggling the sign board trying to get customers in to sign a lease.

At the same time 230 homes were just presold at a tag of 4.5 to 7.8 million in just days there in that same town.

Boggles my mind, and confuses it too. Kinda glad I'm on the backside of life's adventure. But have great hope for the future for my own grandchild and the grandchildren of others too.

I really think many of us embrace bad news when we do badly so that we have company, and we gravitate to good news when we are also feeling satisfied. The mood I think feeds on itself and grows. Can be happy can be sad and worried. Kinda up to us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

49 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It's relative to one's circumstance I suppose.

Try Boston, try here for that matter.

That's why I thought, what under $800 how can that be? Yet there was the guy wiggling the sign board trying to get customers in to sign a lease.

At the same time 230 homes were just presold at a tag of 4.5 to 78 million in just days there in that same town.

Boggles my mind, and confuses it too. Kinda glad I'm on the backside of life's adventure. But have great hope for the future for my own grandchild and the grandchildren of others too.

I really think many of us embrace bad news when we do badly so that we have company, and we gravitate to good news when we are also feeling satisfied. The mood I think feeds on itself and grows. Can be happy can be sad and worried. Kinda up to us.

Rents have gone up sky high everywhere. I guess if a home owner thinks they can get a high monthly rent from their home they will try to get as much as possible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

32 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Rents have gone up sky high everywhere. I guess if a home owner thinks they can get a high monthly rent from their home they will try to get as much as possible.

Think we have been down this road before. It is a tough game I was in it from 1985  until last year. I finally said enough, the tenants they have changed. They are just too much the pain, have to keep raising prices to cover cost of damage done, taxes insurance regulatory costs all going up  year after year.

Our commercial R. E. broker has also gotten out of the rental management game after several decades of experience- same reason. Yet others especially the bigger corporations are building new.Had one acquaintance made his fortune manufacturing replacement draws for the ones tenant s steal as they move out of apartments. He was a contractor/builder. God so tired of the hassle of apartment sna dthen bingo the lightbulb of an idea  lit up, and he soon was doing oh so well. Just making draw boxes for apartment manageent companies.  I have come to my own conclusion about attitude and reality- it is much  in how we choose to  live, what we will then see in life itself. Same with  our spiritual growth and standing with our savior. We can embrace even the hard trials with confidence in our Creator's will for us, or we can  lament the day away. -either way it feeds on itself, the mood and the the action or inaction as the case may be.

I know I have suffered the one and been blessed under the other myself.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

17 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I guess if a home owner thinks they can get a high monthly rent from their home they will try to get as much as possible.

It is uncommon for people to try to get the lowest amount possible. Happily, no one if forced to buy, and if fairness, people only manage to sell things at a price, others are willing to pay.

11 hours ago, OneLight said:

There is a video forum for all videos.  Do not embed videos in any thread outside of the video forum, nor create a link to YouTube.

Hi, Okay,

I do see  links to other resources like one made about ambient noises just after my post. Are those links to resources other than Youtube okay? If so I will use some, if not I will avoid them. 

Thanks

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

32 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

It is uncommon for people to try to get the lowest amount possible. Happily, no one if forced to buy, and if fairness, people only manage to sell things at a price, others are willing to pay.

Supply and demand.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Okay,

I do see  links to other resources like one made about ambient noises just after my post. Are those links to resources other than Youtube okay? If so I will use some, if not I will avoid them. 

Thanks

Yes, as long as they are from respectable sites they are acceptable.  YouTube offers other videos they believe fits your search on the right of every video being played in normal mode.  Some of their suggestions are pretty bad, so we had to put a stop to YouTube linking.  Please check the site before posting a link to ensure the site is respectable and something you wouldn't mind your child viewing.

Thanks for asking for clarification!

And thanks for the clarifying answer.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I was surprised to see the relatively low starting price for a large new apartment at So. Ca. this month, under $800 least as a start, but oh my I wouldn't be able to do it. There were five stories high of bonfire lumber being stuccoed over right at the edge of  the commercial parking lot on a major surface road looking at the rooftop  of Whole Paycheck Market. Dreadful, (to me) but that is what I was seeing everywhere I went. And obviously a pleasure to many,  or else they would not be filling up the apartments.

So the subject?- noise and it's effects on some of us at least. I have been privileged to live  a country life, a city life, a suburb life, and now  I desire a gentleman's farm life. But,-  life gets in the way. So I just pick myself up each day  and pray; Lord please send me into some humble service yet again, get me through the day. May I see some joy, and be encouraged by all the young families and even younger singles, all beginning their own journeys finding you are sovereign in all matters.

Thank you Lord for the adventures.

I use to go to school in a major city. Way too much noise and energy with heavy traffic for me to bear living there. I lived on the outskirts in the suburbs thank God. 

I too have always lived in a country type setting. Major cities are OK to visit now and then. But to live there, no way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

In big cities, like here in Toronto, there is always the traffic and noise that comes with it.  My apartment is close to the lake and there is also a 4 lane major roadway, not highway, that is utilized by all types of people and i don't mind it at all. You get used to it.   In the summer time, all the bikers pass along and i get to see the super clean Harleys and the characters that ride them.  Then, there are runners, and cyclist and parades, all right from my window.  I also see lots of people pulled over  by the cops for whatever reasons, accidents here and there.   It is city life and i don't mind it at all, if fact i like this city a lot.  Toronto is a clean city, and our crime is minute compared to others.    The OP situation on the other hand is like living in a ghetto, which i would avoid if i could.    Toronto, the home of the Raptors, Blue Jays and Maple Leafs Hockey team, plus it is a truly multicultural  city.