IGNORED

Why are people denying that Christ is presently a King?

Limey_Bob

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Limey_Bob said:

People have told me on this and other threads that Christ has no present rule and no current kingship, they told me that that (his kingdom rule) only begins at the millennium. I disagree as I believe that Christ is ruling now, not over this earth but spiritually and in heaven. I believe that his kingdom rule began at the ascension, he rules spiritually in heaven over his dead saints from the ascension until the second coming, at the second coming his kingdom rule then becomes literal and physical over this earth. How do I put people on ignore? Could somebody tell me what to do, I am new to these type of forums?

Well, first of all, I'd say take it up with those people who say that, and don't implicate everyone else in their error.

Secondly, it would be nice to have some Scriptural reference for what you purport is said in the Bible that you "believe."

As far as the bodies we will have, and the distinctive nature of our souls that the rich man could recognize Lazarus - that is a mystery still. 

The Bible does not go into detail on it, so you can think what you will, but we should hesitate to make declarative statements on the basis of what we believe.

15 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Could somebody tell me what to do, I am new to these type of forums?

When you reference Scripture, as you did with Revelation 20:4, we can discuss (debate) it.

Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed.  (Rev 20:4-5, NASB)

Here, I would point to the souls "who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God" as being the Martyrs and not my mother or her mother.

Now in the following verse, the rest of the dead do not come to life until the thousand years are over...

You say that that this thousand is added onto the thousand years the Martyrs reign with Christ.

I would say that they are the same thousand years.

My point here is: Where are those souls who have not yet "come to life" until the Millennium is over?  Paradise and Hades as Christ Jesus reveals in Luke 16.

Edited by Marcus O'Reillius

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Well, first of all, I'd say take it up with those people who say that, and don't implicate everyone else in their error.

I cannot cope with these forums, as multiple people make false accusations against you, a whole bunch of people misrepresent me over and over again, I have been called a preterist, a deist and deceived by the enemy (satan). No matter what I say more straw man arguments are used against me, I cannot cope. I'd prefer a mutually agreed topic title and then a one on one debate in the debate section.

There are all kinds here, and I have come to realize that debate is useless.

Instead, I look at their arguments and then examine my own take on things.  Do I have it right?  Or do they have a point?

Good luck Bob.

Guest Teditis
30 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

People have told me on this and other threads that Christ has no present Kingdom rule and no current kingship, they have told me (repeatedly) that that (his kingdom rule) only begins at the millennium. I would strongly disagree, as I believe that Christ is ruling now, not over this present physical earth, but spiritually and in heaven. I believe that his kingdom rule began at the ascension, he rules spiritually in heaven over his dead saints from the ascension until the second coming, then at the second coming his kingdom rule then becomes literal, physical and eternal over this earth. How do I put people on ignore? Could somebody tell me what to do, I am new to these type of forums?

It is sometimes difficult to maintain "thick-skin" on forums like this when there are so many belief systems (regarding the Bible)

represented in a close group. But it's indicative that we need to be secure in our own understanding and also to NOT be of the mindset

that we can merely speak the truth and all the unlearned will spontaneously accept it... you can't save everybody, come to think of it

you can't save anyone, right?

So speak what you believe and back it up with a little Scripture and learn to leave it at that. Avoid debates as they are only for egotists.

As to "Blocking" people... while in a particular thread where a member that you want to "Ignore" has posted, simply hover your cursor

over their avatar and a pop-up screen should appear; move your cursor to the lower-center of that pop-up screen to where it says "Ignore",

click it and poof, their postings won't be visible inside the thread, nor any threads that you both are participating... they are visible on the

"Home-screen".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

55 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

I cannot cope with these forums, as multiple people make false accusations against you, a whole bunch of people misrepresent me over and over again, I have been called a preterist, a deist and deceived by the enemy (satan). No matter what I say more straw man arguments are used against me, I cannot cope. I'd prefer a mutually agreed topic title and then a one on one debate in the debate section.

And the defense of your own false allegations that people are making false allegations about false allegations to start with ?

See?  Does anyone come here thinking it will be like an oh so nice sunday school class, nice and peaceful and quiet ?

When JESUS says "I come not with peace, but a sword",

and for good reason. (The FATHER'S KINGDOM)

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

For sure

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

17 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not saying that Jesus is not king at this time.   He is.   This is not about when Jesus will become king, but about when Jesus will operate in that office.   And Jesus will reign on earth, soon.   He will operate in that office when He sits on the throne of David during the millennium.

Hi Shiloh,

Glad you agree that Jesus is King now. `And I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of Heaven standing by, on His right hand and on His left.` (1 Kings 22: 19) And yes I agree that He is yet to operate as King on King David`s throne. However there is nowhere on scripture that says that the Lord will operate physically on earth.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

15 hours ago, worthy said:

Do you think the 1'000 year reign is spiritual? 

Hi Worthy,

I believe the 1,000 year reign of Israel over the nations is physically in this world. However I believe that the Lord reigns `far above all` as God exalted Him to that position, & He will reign through a regent king, training Israel to rule the nations as promised in the OT.

`For behold, the days are coming , says the Lord, that I will bring back from captivity my people Israel & Judah, says the Lord. And I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. ........they shall serve the Lord their God and David their king whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 3): 3 & 9)

This regent king David is not King David of old but a man who will rule & have sons.

`Thus says the Lord, "If the prince gives a gift of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance.` (Ez. 46: 16)

Marilyn.