• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, StTroy said:

Firstly, I would like to address your speech before answering your question... "so-called"?  I didn't start a so-called church.  I don't see any grace, DaughterOfGrace, in insulting or degrading someone's church especially when you don't have any experience in it. 

Secondly, our church does not believe in doctrine.  The purpose of words, both spoken and written, is to help others who are blind find the path and/or understand it as only walking the path creates the faith necessary to save and knowing god's truth.  What our church does is teach the path and we instruct using god's teachings found embedded in creation itself.  Jesus authored no book for a reason.   He taught about seeds, trees, light, fire, mountains, birds, the body, because that is the word of god, unslandered, complete, undeniable and absolute (god's) truth that is beyond any man's ability to alter, slander, deceive, be incomplete, misleading people to believing things not true like religion does.  So experiencing god's teachings that have been around since its  creation billions of years ago is where and we base our knowledge on.  My church has a website and that link can be found in my profile. 

I'm sorry that you took what I said as an insult.  The word "so-called" can be used in several ways.  I was using it to mean the way your church was designated, that is, as St. Troy's Church, etc. as opposed to St. Andrew's or St. John's or St. Peter's.  I meant nothing more than that.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I will choose my words more carefully in the future.

Thank you for outlining your beliefs.  However, I think that, when you say you have no doctrine, all the beliefs you laid out are indeed doctrine.

So my next question is -- you say the beliefs stem from God's creation.  How does that work?  Who interprets nature?  How do you know you're hearing the right thing?

As for Jesus not authoring a book, that's true.  But the Holy Spirit did lead others to author books about him.  Does the Holy Spirit play a role in your church?

Doctrine is what to believe in.  We instruct and inform.  That's not beliefs to believe in.  Doctrine brainwashes with satanic beliefs.  Instructions teach how to find truth and/or convert false beliefs into truth.  Knowledge is not beliefs.  There's a difference. 

The holy spirit is the umbilical cord of the creator.  It delivers what Jesus called the waters of everlasting life and what some call the blood of christ.   Jesus used god's teachings (seeds and trees) to explain this, not books.  Seeds need watering so that it can grow.  Praying for the waters of everlasting life to enter your soul gives god to go-ahead, being that god respects your free will and doesn't force it onto you, to deliver on a soul-to-soul basis that which would cause you to grow up as a soul. 

We do not interpret nature.  We show you.  Jesus taught "let your will be done in heaven as it is on earth".  That's a jam-packed statement, but what it means is that god's instructions found in the physical universe on earth can be applied to your soul in heaven.  When you grow your soul via the holy spirit it gains power, starts creating the light that Jesus spoke of (halo) and once that light is strong enough it makes you live forever.  The physical body, you're born into it for the purpose of the soul to absorb the teachings of god and then apply it to your soul to start the process of growing up as a god, which is what your soul is, and once your soul has grown a bit that's what it means to be born again.  It is cosmically impossible to know how to walk the path unless you learn it directly from god which is the purpose of the physical body.  Before you become self aware as a soul you don't know this and a teacher can guide you to knowing and seeing those teachings as they are which is also known as the will of god on earth.  Your will that creates imagines in your imagination is your spirit moving over the surface of the waters 'saying' let there be light, the very same thing god did to create the heavens and the earth.  I learned this from a massive amount of seeking of truth.  No one learns this by assuming doctrine. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Co 15:1  Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 1Co 15:2  by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.  1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 1Co 15:4  and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,  1Co 15:5  and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 1Co 15:6  After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.

Act 17:30 “Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, Act 17:31 “because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Rom 3:23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Rom 3:24  being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Rom 3:25  whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness,

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Joh 1:12  But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name  Joh 1:13  who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, Eph 2:9  not of works, lest anyone should boast. Eph 2:10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Rom 10:9  that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Rom 10:10  For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Rom 10:11  For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES ON HIM WILL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME." Rom 10:12  For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. Rom 10:13  For "WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED."

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thanks for your detailed response, St. Troy.

Beliefs should be based on knowledge.  They don't have to be, of course.  There are certainly people who believe things with absolutely no evidence for them or any reality in which to base them. 

When we talk about beliefs, we need to root them in something trustworthy.   For me, as a Christian, I have the Bible, the Holy Spirit and the witness of other believers who are born-again and Spirit-filled.  I have a yardstick by which to measure all things.  Therefore, anything you or anybody else wants to teach me has to line up with God's Word as revealed by the Holy Spirit to me or to others. 

What is your measure of truth?  What is it grounded in?  How do you know what you teach is true?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/21/2017 at 6:47 PM, Yowm said:

Same one who wrote Gal 1:8-9, wrote this...

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
(1Co 15:1-4)

Bravo!

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 John 5:10–13 (AV)
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

This PLUS    N O T H I N G !

I began this thread because so many cults and even mainline denominations append the Gospel with their own traditions or misinterpretations...

despite these clear teachings against doing so....

Also (in each other three major divisions of scripture [Law, Prophets, Writings] comes the warning:

Deuteronomy 12:32 (AV)
32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Proverbs 30:5–6 (AV)
5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Revelation 22:18–19 (AV)
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 4/18/2017 at 1:36 AM, JohnD said:

Galatians 1:8–9 (NASB95)
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

What IS the Gospel?

And which Gospel does your Church teach?

And are you certain it is the correct Gospel?

How can you be certain?

This reminds me of Jesus question to His disciples :  who do people say that I am ?

How many people knew who He is ? (not many)

Who did know ?   The woman at the well,  the widow who put in all her savings at the Temple where the leaders were among those seeking to kill Jesus  ! ...    A foreigner ....    Fishermen...    A tax collector ....   

Read and see who did know Jesus, who did know who He is....  (note that it was not the religious leaders mostly, though many of them DID know, and REFUSED Him/ would not follow Him) .....

So people might be official or unofficial 'members' in a "church" that does not know Jesus,

yet they may know Jesus as His disciples did in the NT.

Besides many who are in 'groups' that have many false teachings,  yet they defend them so much they won't identify them here....   only it shows in their posts that contradict Scripture ("How can you be certain?") ...... 

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 2017-4-18 at 7:36 AM, JohnD said:

Galatians 1:8–9 (NASB95)
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

What IS the Gospel?

And which Gospel does your Church teach?

And are you certain it is the correct Gospel?

How can you be certain?

Almost all evangelicals whom I meet here in Plymouth in the UK, simply make up their theology on the hoof as you dialogue with them. With regard to the nature of God; misdefining God as either tri-theism (three separate Gods / three separate beings or persons) or modalism (Jesus is God the Father and holy Spirit), are the most common. With regard to the person and work of Christ, it's amazing just how many people are influenced by GOD TV and the claim made by many of their preachers that Christ's atonement was made in hell (to satan)! Obviously if they get the Trinity wrong, then wacky and weird views about Christ's person predominate, but possibly the most common (other than Jesus being the Father), is the false claim that Christ only had one spirit, his divine spirit and so he did not possess a second human spirit (Apollinarianism). Finally, as so many evangelicals today get the Trinity and Christ wrong, obviously this has a knock on effect on the gospel, which most today cannot define. Rather than focus upon facts and evidence such as Christ's literal and physical resurrection from the dead (1st Corinthians 15:4), instead the focus has shifted from telling people facts about Jesus (which people willingly died for in the arena under the Roman rulers), to telling people instead their own woolly, cuddly subjective feelings about their religion. So what calls itself Christianity today has moved from being evidence based (when people in the early centuries, willingly died in the arena to defend some fact about Christ), to some modern feminised mystical experience-fest, where facts and evidence can and are going to hell, all that matters is how I feel.