what shouldnt be here

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Im really glad for this site and lcve it. But a question has been nagging me. Hw do you know when something isnt appropriate for this format? I mean vulgarity  and encouraging sin are obviously nonos but how about a topic that causes debate. Would that be stirring up strife among the brethren or being stumbling blocks

I ask this because im wondering if there are some issues that i was wrong to have posted because they caused fierce debates.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

8 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Im really glad for this site and lcve it. But a question has been nagging me. Hw do you know when something isnt appropriate for this format? I mean vulgarity  and encouraging sin are obviously nonos but how about a topic that causes debate. Would that be stirring up strife among the brethren or being stumbling blocks

I ask this because im wondering if there are some issues that i was wrong to have posted because they caused fierce debates.

Generally (no pun intended) I understand that topics in General Section are anything that isn't too controversial and subject to confusing and offending members, new members. and guests; examples being Gay Marriage, The Transgender Controversy, Abortion, The Crusades and Militant Christianity, Cults, Salem Witch Trials, The Inquisitions (Spanish and Roman) and etc.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,434
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

How would you know if you don't ask.   But do read your post thoroughly before you hit the submit button, in that way you should be confident in your questions and post content.   People opinions vary and even normal every day life topics can lead to contentions that as adults we have to work through with empathy with one another.  Good that you ask the question though as others may have been asking themselves the same question.    You do bring new topics to the forum to keep it lively and that's a good thing.  cheers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  906
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,649
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

The mods will let you know. They are on top of everything. A squared away group.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

This is a discussion forum where we are free to discuss any issue, as long as it does not violate the ToS.  The problem I have seen is people are too passionate about certain subjects and they allow their emotions to rule their response.  Remember, "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."

I would be wise for us all to check our hearts before replying, ensuring we are speaking in the spirit and not in the flesh.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I don't think you should feel bad about it. We can have heated debates  break out  on rather or not the sky is blue. :73_73:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I don't think you should feel bad about it. We can have heated debates  break out  on rather or not the sky is blue. :73_73:

This is true.  Didn't the Apostles strongly debate each other? 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

17626468_1269891946442355_5095458867799532638_n.jpg

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I have not seen any issues that have not been pertinent to the Christian faith that you have posted.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Personally, I have problems with dwelling on the occult.  Scriptures that proclaim God's triumph over the enemy to me are appropriate.  But telling what I consider to be ghost stories and dwelling or peoples experiences with the occult I don't believe are appropriate.  So I left the chat room a couple of times after objecting to people continuing to pursue the subject.  It is not godly to repeatedly  try to generate fear in a way that glorifies the enemy.