• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 5/11/2017 at 11:58 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

I will often use the Lords Prayer, Hail Mary and a Glory Be as a conclusion to spontaneous prayer. So instead of modifying the Lord's Prayer, I'll start off with praising Him, thanking Him for my blessings (than list off a few), than ask for forgiveness (list off my sins), than present my petition and I'll end my petition with "in Jesus name I pray" than add my 3 formal prayers. 

I love the gloria in excelsis Deo.  It is the one thing I wish the non ritualistic protestants would revive, and I sang it with my head to the sky and through tears of joy.  It is right up there with Handle's Halleluia chorus in expressing my worship and adoration.

I am not very careful as to how to pray--became so concerned as to whether I was doing it "right" that I really didn't express the concerns on my heart--the people and their concerns that God had given me.  So I always end with praise and thanks giving, which is sort of backwards.  I take care of asking for forgiveness at the time I come to recognize it.  We are more apt to ask for the needs of others and forget those of our own.  But God said to seek His kingdom and righteousness first, so I trust Him to provide our own needs.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Do you think the name Father in Hebrew is Avinu or Abba? I am trying to translate the Our Father in Hebrew.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

I remember in a book by Richard Wurmbrand, a Romanian pastor who landed in a communist prison for several years and was tortured half out of his gourd got to a point under severe torture and loss of mental faculties, the only  thing that came to his mind that gave him a thread of hope was the Lord's Prayer.

Indeed, Richard Wurmbrand said "when the torturers start drugging your water and food, all you can do is sense Jesus in your heart, you can't even think to pray." I recommend the movie about Richard and his Wife Wurmbrand on Amazon.com:

51eaJ-e1piL._SY445_.jpg