• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

Missmuffet, read Rev. 14:9,10.

Those who worship the beast and except the MOB will not be saved. They will be thrown into the lake of fire. Those who ask Jesus Christ into their life after the rapture of the Church will be saved. They will go to heaven.But those who are born again believer now and go in the rapture of the Church are blessed. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The Holy Spirit will still be on this earth during the seven year tribulation. It will not be too late to ask Jesus Christ into your life. Their will be a huge harvest of believers during that time Revelation 7:9-14. Very few of them will make it to the last of the tribulation because they will die. The best time to become a believer is NOW!!!!!We don't know when the rapture will occur.

It's interesting you say the Holy Spirit will still be on the earth. I thought one of the leading text proofs of a pre trib rapture was the taking of the Holy Spirit, as Him being the restrainer, out of the way so when that happens the church no longer has purpose so it is also taken.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

The Lord's holy spirit will always be present .... and the holy spirit will not be the restrainer during Satan's presence upon the earth in the tribulation period

• Group:  Royal Member

The Holy Spirit is the restrainer.

Question: "Will the Holy Spirit be present during the tribulation?"

Answer:
The question of the Holy Spirit not being present during the tribulation results from a misunderstanding of 2 Thessalonians 2:7, which reads, “For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.” Right now, prior to the tribulation, one of the ministries of the Holy Spirit is the restraint of evil. In verses 8 and 9, we learn that the restraining power of the Holy Spirit holds back the “lawless one” (Antichrist) so he is not revealed before God wills it. The passage says the Holy Spirit will no longer restrain the growth of evil, but that does not mean He will have no ministry whatsoever.

In Acts 1:4–5, Jesus promises that His disciples would soon be “baptized with the Holy Spirit.” In Acts chapter 2, Jesus’ promise is fulfilled. In verses 38 and 39, it is written that “Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.’”

The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is thus assured for every born-again believer, and nowhere in Scripture is that promise rescinded. Regeneration is the Spirit’s work; without Him, no one is saved. If the Spirit were not present during the tribulation, no one could be saved. But the fact is that a multitude that no one can number is saved during the tribulation (Revelation 7:9–14). Therefore, those who come to Jesus during the tribulation period will also be indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Give glory to God for making that provision, because tribulation saints will need the guidance and direction of the Spirit during that troubled time.

Another good reason that the Spirit must be present during the tribulation is that He is omnipresent. Since He is everywhere at all times, He must be in the world during the tribulation.

At some point—only God knows when—the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit will be removed, the Antichrist will be revealed to an unwitting and unsuspecting world, and the tribulation period will begin.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Holy-Spirit-tribulation.html

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The restrainer is the Antichrist.

So the antichrist is restraining the antichrist?  

We seem to expect an awful lot from a massive population who, at this time, really don't care  and will only be interested in saving the life they love, this one, when the time comes. Just as churches are accepting homosexuality to be relevant or whatever thinking its how love acts and many other reasons I'm sure, one being to save their organization rather than close the doors. So also will millions, billions of people do what it takes to save their butts. I think we have it way to good in America to grasp the magnitude of what is coming on this earth.

Honestly the restrainer was taught to me twenty years ago as being the Holy Spirit in a very despensational pre trib church. Matthew 24 was split at vs 14 I believe, after that it was all Jewish but five years later all of Matthew 24 was Jewish. Now the restrainer is the antichrist. The antichrist will restrain the antichrist until the church is gone? The world is already deceived, There isn't anything biblical to back up this kind of thinking.

So if the Holy Spirit isn't being taken then why the church? The Holy Spirit was given to empower the Church to disciple and preach the gospel and convict the world of sin on the day of Pentecost. There would still be work to do. Jesus said work while it is the day, night comes when no man can work. He comes like a thief in the night. A cry came out at midnight, five had oil, five did not. Night, always at night. Not literal but spiritual darkness.

I've stayed away from rapture threads as much as I can and I think it to be a good policy. This explanation of the restrainer being the antichrist I'm sure has been around for a while but it's the opposite of what I was taught before. Instead of further understanding as that day approaches we seem to be stuck in a loop of ever decending understanding.

1 minute ago, Zemke said:

So the antichrist is restraining the antichrist?  

We seem to expect an awful lot from a massive population who, at this time, really don't care  and will only be interested in saving the life they love, this one, when the time comes. Just as churches are accepting homosexuality to be relevant or whatever thinking its how love acts and many other reasons I'm sure, one being to save their organization rather than close the doors. So also will millions, billions of people do what it takes to save their butts. I think we have it way to good in America to grasp the magnitude of what is coming on this earth.

Honestly the restrainer was taught to me twenty years ago as being the Holy Spirit in a very despensational pre trib church. Matthew 24 was split at vs 14 I believe, after that it was all Jewish but five years later all of Matthew 24 was Jewish. Now the restrainer is the antichrist. The antichrist will restrain the antichrist until the church is gone? The world is already deceived, There isn't anything biblical to back up this kind of thinking.

So if the Holy Spirit isn't being taken then why the church? The Holy Spirit was given to empower the Church to disciple and preach the gospel and convict the world of sin on the day of Pentecost. There would still be work to do. Jesus said work while it is the day, night comes when no man can work. He comes like a thief in the night. A cry came out at midnight, five had oil, five did not. Night, always at night. Not literal but spiritual darkness.

I've stayed away from rapture threads as much as I can and I think it to be a good policy. This explanation of the restrainer being the antichrist I'm sure has been around for a while but it's the opposite of what I was taught before. Instead of further understanding as that day approaches we seem to be stuck in a loop of ever decending understanding.

No, if you look back I deleted that. I did more research and reading. Please read my most recent post.

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No, if you look back I deleted that. I did more research and reading. Please read my most recent post.

Okay I read it. Thanks

As a side note;

The disciples were breathed on by Jesus and received the Holy Spirit before Pentecost. They were in the upper room as born again believers. It's the out pouring of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost that is convicting the world of sin and empowering the church for service. The opposite will happen when night comes.

A cry came out at midnight. He comes like a thief, when? In the night. The more you read the more it all fits.

Work while it is the day, night comes when no man can work.

Like Rahab, a gentile woman, and her household were rescued before the horrid finality of the battle of Jericho commenced. So also I believe the faithful will be taken out before the horrid reality of His wrath commences and is poured out upon the earth. We have what the antichrist will do in deception, persecution, wars, political power and rule wanting to be worshiped, a magnitude far above what the spirit of antichrist that is in the world already does, but then the wrath to come is much different.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

12 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

I believe it would be too late to accept Jesus after the rapture. Not that I'm saying people would not repent after the rapture. But their salvation would be based on whether they worship the beast and receive his mark. See Rev. 14:9,10.

That's pretty accurate. Scripture doesn't really go into detail, but I believe evidence of your faith won't be the indwelling Holy Spirit, but rather if you deny the mark of the beast and (are martyred or die of starvation). The testing is going to be unreal.

Rev 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

12 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

I believe the trumpet judgements will not be worldwide. Will be limited to the middle east (I think).

Rev 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

Rev 13:15-17 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Why do you believe God will remove the Holy Spirit during the tribulation?  I find no reason why God would abandon His creation.

6 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Why do you believe God will remove the Holy Spirit during the tribulation?  I find no reason why God would abandon His creation.

That is what I believe.