The big WHY of The Story of David

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I am not disputing anyone's belief. I am not telling anyone to side or adapt to mine.

I am stating "That for me. I rather put my faith in The Authority/God".

"His Word when he speaks to me is held higher than any Book written by the hands of Man."

"God and the rest of the Trinity are First for me and the Bible comes after." God will use it in the way he needs to in order to direct my steps. To teach me. It is a Tool in how he communicates with ME.

If others want to put their faith and importance in The Written Word 1st then that is their choice.

I am not saying the book is wrong or you shouldn't follow what it says.

Each person's relationship with God is their own. He teaches you how he teaches you and he teaches me how he teaches me. 

The differences between us are very minute and unfortunately that cause more grief than good fruit.

I live by Christ, as do you. How we go about doing his works may differ. Maybe we are taught differently for our indiviual roles.Maybe we are taught differently because of our different journeys in life. The important thing is the fruits of our works.

How we get to the right answer is different but as long as we get the right answer, that is what matters.

It's all about God, his will, his glory.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Well said notsolostsoul. People have their beliefs and the historic background notwithstanding. God bless you child. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 5/19/2017 at 7:08 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Why would God anoint, make suffer, bring to power and then destroy him?

David a man after God's own heart.S

God knowing all and controlling all, surely knew David would be all the things he turned out to be.

o does God set people up to fail?

Being after God's own heart, will it still lead to torment?Meaning even after being forgiven will we still suffer the consequences of our actions/sins?(BEMA)

Did Jesus' death remove us from suffering at the end?

Is repenting pointless if we still have to pay for our sins at the end?

Yes, God knows all, but I don't believe He controls all.  So we set ourselves up to fall--our choice--and must bear the results on this earth.  But we will be judged by whether we trust in Christ.  BEMA.   Those actions not born of the Spirit and God's love will be burned and the good stuff resulting from Christ in us will be rewarded.  That is why we will cast our rewards at the feet of Christ; we really can't take credit for the things God does through us.  Jesus took the eternal suffering on Himself for our sakes.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Willa said:

Yes, God knows all, but I don't believe He controls all.

Perhaps depending on your definition of "controls all",   how many SCRIPTURES (verses, in context, validly) state clearly

that YHWH does control all ?

(especially in particular that everything is orchestrated by Him,  He makes ALL THINGS(everything both good and bad) work together and clearly for the GOOD of those who Love God and who are called according to HIS PURPOSE)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/21/2017 at 11:13 AM, PlanetChee said:

I rebuke your efforts to slander this child of God who knows themselves to be a soul not so lost as to meet your judgement of their worth. 

How dare you think to instruct anyone here to turn from this child of God.

Amen and amen!

18 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Perhaps depending on your definition of "controls all",   how many SCRIPTURES (verses, in context, validly) state clearly

(especially in particular that everything is orchestrated by Him,  He makes ALL THINGS(everything both good and bad) work together and clearly for the GOOD of those who Love God and who are called according to HIS PURPOSE)

I look at it like a game of chess.  God uses whatever moves are made for our good, whether we make them or the enemy stirs the pot, God can bring good out of anything.  So when Joseph was sold into slavery, his brothers meant it for evil, but God turned it and meant it for good.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, Willa said:

I look at it like a game of chess.  God uses whatever moves are made for our good, whether we make them or the enemy stirs the pot, God can bring good out of anything.  So when Joseph was sold into slavery, his brothers meant it for evil, but God turned it and meant it for good.  

Maybe not "good out of anything", and even though HE takes no pleasure in perishing (death) even of the wicked,

Remembering likewise though Esau sought with tears for repentance,  he could not find it/ be restored.

and King Saul lost / forfeited his 'kingship' for his whole 'line' ...

Likewise the betrayer of the Messiah,  and other disciples who turned away from following YHWH/Y'SHUA in the NEW TESTAMENT -

like in a game of chess,   YHWH is Perfect Player and if He Be For Us,  who can be against ?! 

But we can still forfeit the game.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

There can be only one definition of God and his sovereignty. He controls all.  

Isaiah 45:6-7 That people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

The Lord of hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand. Isaiah 14:24

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Maybe not "good out of anything", and even though HE takes no pleasure in perishing (death) even of the wicked,

Remembering likewise though Esau sought with tears for repentance,  he could not find it/ be restored.

Likewise the betrayer of the Messiah,  and other disciples who turned away from following YHWH/Y'SHUA in the NEW TESTAMENT -

like in a game of chess,   YHWH is Perfect Player and if He Be For Us,  who can be against ?! 

But we can still forfeit the game.

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

I was speaking of those of us who love God and are called according to His purpose.  He make things to work for the good of Joseph and Jacob by using Joseph in power in Egypt to provide for the survival of his family.  Nothing says He will do the same for unbelievers.  I thought OUR good was self explanatory.  Even Jesus' death was for the whole world, but its benefits are for believers- those who trust in and rely on Christ.  

1 minute ago, Wolf Bridges said:

There can be only one definition of God and his sovereignty. He controls all.  

Isaiah 45:6-7 That people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

The Lord of hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand. Isaiah 14:24

So he makes us to sin?  I think not.  Christianity doesn't believe in fate--that every detail is foreordained and we are helpless pawns.  God has foreknowledge and foreordains some things as a result of that.  Having foreknowledge of the fall in the Garden He foreordained the Word being made flesh and dying for the world that believers might be saved through Him.