Retrobyter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

They are different kinds of anointing, and for different kinds of specific situations and specific needs. 

Even today they anointing people for specific jobs, specific situations, and we anoint the sick. 

Even as Believers we are all anointed.

JESUS was not anointed by anyone in the way they used to anoint at that time, yet he is the Savior of the whole world, and if there is a Savior for the whole world, then there is no need for another CHRIST after JESUS. 

JESUS CHRIST has payed the price for everyone , there is nothing on the blocked that has not be payed for, so no more the need for another Redeemer. 

There is one Judge for the whole world, for the OT, and the NT, no need for another one. 

JESUS has the KEYS for HADES and DEATH, and there is only one set of 

KEYS. 

The CHRIST must have the LIFE in him, and no Death, he can not be seed of anyman, not even the High Priest. 

The CHRIST must be a human in every way, has blood and can die the way a man can die, to give his life to death.

He must be born from a woman, like everyone else, nine months, full sircle of pregnancy. 

Only one can fit the profile of Christ, and that was JESUS who was anointent by God, and not any Man. 

John the Baptist, the most Glorious Man ever live till that time said to JESUS, you are so greater than me, that I scoop down to you as low as it can be, and still I am not worthy to touch your sandals.  

The Holy Spirit choose Jesus from the two men standing in the Jordan River, choose the one and it could be given and anoint only the one with the Life of God in him, the one who was not separated from God. 

Like with Noah, the dove went the first time and it found no place to rest, (before JESUS CHRIST, could not find any one with the life of God, everyone was covered with the waters of Death).

And the Dove went out to come back with the promise of the CHRIST, and in Jordan River, he found a place to rest, JESUS with the Life of God in him, the anointed one who will be our peace with God. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

Guest Judas Machabeus
On 2017-06-10 at 11:20 PM, Retrobyter said:

So, technically, there were MANY "messiahs" for each one of the priests were so anointed, each one of the prophets were so anointed, and each one of the kings were so anointed.

I'm late to the thread. But this was  essentially me answer. Anyone that was anointed for God. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm late to the thread. But this was  essentially me answer. Anyone that was anointed for God. 

They were mediators of a different kind and not all the Kings, unless you want to include those who were mediators between the people and the idols. And not all the Preists, and not all the prophets. They were Messiahs with Death in them, waiting to die so they can descent, in the place of their captivity, waiting for the JESUS the CHRIST of God, to take them out from there. 

What you implied when you are referring "the anointed for God",

Guest Judas Machabeus
2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

They were mediators of a different kind and not all the Kings, unless you want to include those who were mediators between the people and the idols. And not all the Preists, and not all the prophets. They were Messiahs with Death in them, waiting to die so they can descent, in the place of their captivity, waiting for the JESUS the CHRIST of God, to take them out from there. 

What you implied when you are referring "the anointed for God",

King David, Saul were the first that came to mind. They were anointed ones. That's why David refused to kill Saul because Saul was an annoited one. 

If "anointed for God" is an improper way to say it than that's my bad. I just didn't know the proper way to put it. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Davida said:

There is One CHRIST, One Anointed One , One Messiah.  Christ Jesus

Being "anointed"  is not the same or equal to  =  to being THE ANOINTED ONE =  Son of God,  CHRIST Jesus.

True,  yet realize,  imagine,  see it come to pass as YHWH accomplishes,  being ONE,  being ECHAD with JESUS.(now, today)

"Anointed" by YHWH in and with Jesus, now, today !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Since you capitalized the word 'Christ', then  it is one, thee One, Jesus thee Messiah.

Shalom, Yowm.

It's just "the," however you pronounce it. "Thee" is the singular, second-person pronoun as an object.

Nope. "Christ" is a title, just like "President" or even "Mister." When one says it as an identifier for an individual, like "President Trump," it is capitalized with the person's name. So, if we used it for any of the people who were so anointed, it, too, would be capitalized: "Christ David" or "Christ Aaron."

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

If you're asking about the True Christ, there is only one.

24 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I disagree. It is used in a prophetic sense, the Anointed One to come...not just any anointed one.

Shalom, Yowm.

Sorry, but you're missing the point of this thread. The title IS the same for "just any anointed one!"

See, some well-meaning Christians go WAY overboard with their definitions of "Christ," even to the point of thinking that it means "Jesus is GOD!" That is NOT what "Christ" means at all!

While the prophecies in the Tanakh (the OT prophecies) DO predict an ULTIMATE Messiah to be King, it's likewise important to understand that all these saints were just as much the LORD'S Messiah as Yeshua` would be. The point is NOT found in that they were the "LORD'S MESSIAH" but that they were the "LORD'S Messiah," that is, "YHWH'S Messiah!"

I'm trying to show you and prove to you that what's important is NOT in the title! The title has been used APPROPRIATELY for MANY people! (And, it's not to be found in a definite article, either!)

23 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

If you're asking about the True Christ, there is only one.

Shalom, MorningGlory.

Actually, all these people, like David, Aaron, and Solomon, were "true Christs" or "true Messiahs." Read what I wrote to Yowm above. (And, it's not to be found in an English capital letter, either! There were NO capital letters in Ancient Hebrew, and ALL the letters in Greek were either in caps or uncials! There were no particular rules in using caps over miniscules, as there is in English.)

Shalom, "Your closest friendnt."

I saved an answer to your post last of all, because it is so complicated. But, actually, Yeshua` being the Christ of God or the Messiah of God is a WHOLE lot less complicated than you make it out to be.

You're right that "There are different kinds of anointing, and for different kinds of specific situations and specific needs"; however, they are all anointed BY God and FOR HIM! The complexity in the different reasons for human beings being anointed is simplified in the fact that they ALL are chosen by the ONE God YHWH, regardless how He would use them!

Now, are you aware of the contradiction you just made? You said,

Even today they anointing people for specific jobs, specific situations, and we anoint the sick. 

Even as Believers we are all anointed.

Then you immediately follow this with,

JESUS was not anointed by anyone in the way they used to anoint at that time, yet he is the Savior of the whole world, and if there is a Savior for the whole world, then there is no need for another CHRIST after JESUS. 

There's no need for another "anointed" after Yeshua`, but we are all "anointed" anyway?!

Do you see how this is a contradiction? The problem is found in how we choose to define the term "messiah/christ/anointed-person" in one scenario and then try to define it a different way in another!

Then, you fractured the term even more through other terms: Savior, Redeemer, Judge, Key-Owner. I admit that Yeshua` fills all those roles; HOWEVER, they DETRACT from this dialogue! They are a DISTRACTION in this discussion on "messiah/christ/anointed-person."

The rest of this argument is fractured as well in the sense that you've resorted to allegory. You've USED the term "The CHRIST," but you're barely talking about what that means. Instead, you've resorted through "LIFE" and "no Death" to tie together thoughts from the Scriptures that were not put together nor were intended to be put together for a RELIGIOUS-SOUNDING argument! You've put together "In him was life" (from John 1), "as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men" (from Rom. 5), "the seed of the woman" (from Gen. 3), and the "dove" (from Gen. 8 and Matt. 3/Mark 1/Luke 3/John 1). (What did you do, look up the word "dove" in a concordance and tie the verses together that way?)

The CHRIST must have the LIFE in him, and no Death, he can not be [the] seed of any man, not even the High Priest. 

The CHRIST must be a human in every way, has blood and can die the way a man can die, to give his life to death.

He must be born from a woman, like everyone else, nine months, full sircle of pregnancy. 

Only one can fit the profile of Christ, and that was JESUS who was anointent by God, and not any Man. 

John the Baptist, the most Glorious Man ever live till that time said to JESUS, you are so greater than me, that I scoop down to you as low as it can be, and still I am not worthy to touch your sandals.  

The Holy Spirit choose Jesus from the two men standing in the Jordan River, choose the one and it could be given and anoint only the one with the Life of God in him, the one who was not separated from God. 

Like with Noah, the dove went the first time and it found no place to rest, (before JESUS CHRIST, could not find any one with the life of God, everyone was covered with the waters of Death).

And the Dove went out to come back with the promise of the CHRIST, and in Jordan River, he found a place to rest, JESUS with the Life of God in him, the anointed one who will be our peace with God. 

Sorry, but NONE of this has to do with the term "messiah/christ/anointed-person!"