IGNORED

House Whip Scalise, security detail shot at baseball practice; suspect in custody

Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Always possible he left a manifesto. If this turns out to have been politically motivated, the likelihood of that skyrockets i believe.

good point.  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Police don't need him to get the details & motive.  How often is the assailant killed? many times, besides when they are alive they often don't tell the truth anyway. :huh:

This isn't necessarily true. It really depends on who the guy was and why he was doing it. Often times with politically motivated attacks they are proud of it, knew that they were either going to go to jail or get killed, and don't very much care. They are happy to have the publicity for their cause and they will shout from the rooftops exactly why they did it. This isn't true in every case, of course, but it is often times. In this case, we will never know. This wasn't a typical attack shooter attack that we have seen recently in the US, though, he went after politicians that were guarded by trained security personnel. Usually guys just bent on random killing are going to pick something that is a much easier target so they can inflict maximum damage.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  12.84

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Here is the thread...

I did not address it to you, it was part of the discussion and happened to tie into something you said.   you are taking this way too personal, if you wish I will just not respond to you any more, you seem to have a major issue with me

I have an issue with people who falsely accuse me of something and aren't man enough to admit their mistake.  Is that clear enough for you?  Don't falsely accuse me of something or put words in my mouth and we won't have any problem.

Source: The Smoking Gun

Congressional Shooter Recently Wrote, "It's Time To Destroy Trump & Co."

The gunman who opened fire this morning on Republican congressmen and staffers recently declared in a Facebook post that, “It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

The accused shooter, James T. Hodgkinson, 66, posted a link to a Change.org petition in late-March that included the notation that, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

Hodgkinson’s Facebook page includes numerous photos of Senator Bernie Sanders, whom Hodgkinson appears to have strongly supported during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary. In posts last August, Hodgkinson wrote, “I want Bernie to Win the White House” and “Bernie is a Progressive, while Hillary is Republican Lite.”

In a statement, Sanders said that he had been informed that Hodgkinson "apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign," adding that, "I am sickened by this despicable act...Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms."

According to Hodgkinson’s Facebook page, he is a member of numerous left-leaning online groups, including The Road To Hell Is Paved With Republicans; Rachel Maddow For President 2020; Sanders For President 2020; Terminate The Republican Party; and Donald Trump is not my President.

Hodgkinson, a Belleville, Illinois resident, was killed when police returned fire this morning.

According to police reports, Hodgkinson has twice been involved in gun-related matters involving law enforcement.

On March 24, a Belleville man called police to report hearing 50 gunshots near his home. Responding officers came across Hodgkinson "in the pine trees." Hodgkinson--who was carrying an Illinois Firearm Owners Identification Card--was advised by cops “not to discharge his weapon in the area” since there were homes nearby. Hodgkinson, who was not arrested, was carrying a hunting rifle, cops say.

In 2006, during a family dispute, Hodgkinson allegedly pointed a shotgun at a man who told police that Hodgkinson struck him in the head with the weapon’s wooden stock. As the victim fled, Hodgkinson “shot one round,” police reported. However, “It was unknown at the time of this report if the subject fired the round” at the man “or in the air.” Hodgkinson was arrested for domestic battery and aggravated discharge of a weapon. His rap sheet includes other collars for resisting police, drunk driving, and criminal damage to property.

Just now, Davida said:

This was a dangerous violent man.

I wonder if he was on anyone's radar?  I just don't understand people like this.  This man's life was all about hate.  Without hate, was he even alive?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

I'm sure there are a few people who have breathed easier that he is no longer a threat.

But due to other crazy copycats, he really is still a danger.  Depends on how the media cover the story.

Terry McAuliffe: ‘We Lose 93 Million Americans a Day to Gun Violence’

Really Terry, 93 million a day?

While speaking to reporters about the shooting in Alexandria, Virginia, Governor Terry McAuliffe (D) said now is not the time to talk gun control but we must admit “we lose 93 million Americans a day to gun violence.”

McAuliffe said, “This is not what today is about, but there are too many guns on the street.”

Speaking to reporters, he said, “We lose 93 million Americans a day to gun violence. I’ve long talked about this. Background checks, shutting down gun show loopholes. That’s not for today’s discussion, but it’s not just about politicians. We worry about this every day for all of our citizens.”

A reporter responded, “If it’s not for today then why are you bringing it up?”

McAuliffe responded by saying he talks about gun control “every day” because it is “a very serious issue.”

When questioned by a reporter that “93 million is a big number, did you mean to say 93 million?” McAuliffe responded, “93 million… 93 individuals a day.”

Terry McAuliffe caught in a whopper of a lie.  Finally, a reporter does his/her job.  You just can't trust what comes out of a Democrats mouth ... and a good many Republicans too.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Terry McAuliffe caught in a whopper of a lie.  Finally, a reporter does his/her job.  You just can't trust what comes out of a Democrats mouth ... and a good many Republicans too.

So, you think that was an obvious lie and not just a case of misspeaking?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Makes one wonder where he got that thought from.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

The shooter was consumed with anger and rage add a gun to that and you have a disaster.  There are not many who do not support Trump that will take a gun and shoot a bunch of people down. Very sad. :(