• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

20 hours ago, mat007 said:

Why did Satan want to be like God? Why did he want to rule the world? He knows that God is perfect and only He knows what's good for us. Or does he know that?

Pride.   Pride causes rebellion.  It makes us want to be greater than we really are, like delusions of grandeur.  That is why he tempted Eve in the garden with "if you eat of the fruit you will be like god".  He even tried to tempt Jesus into bowing down and worshipping him.   When the antichrist comes and enters the Jewish temple he will demand to be worshipped and claim to be god.  That is why God told us not to think of ourselves more highly than we ought.  And if we humble ourselves under God's might hand, He will exalt us in due time.  God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

On 7/4/2017 at 5:08 PM, other one said:

I believe that, you believe that, but Satan doesn't believe that.......  yet

Satan knows where he is headed along with his legions. Who is going to put him there ? Yes, he knows God is Sovereign. Why do you think satan approaches the throne on a daily basis to ask if he can do things. Why do you think that satan  accuses us day and night in front of the Father? Yes,. Satan knows who is sovereign. Why do you think satan hates christians? Because he hates God and because God has destined him to the lake of fire. Satan knows the word of God better than most proclaiming christians. Isnt that sad?

possessing supreme or ultimate power.

synonyms: supreme, absolute, unlimited, unrestricted, boundless, ultimate, total, unconditional, 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, other one said:

Actually it wasn't a snarky question.  The Bible may tell us that he suffered from pride but really doesn't give us his thinking....  That isn't what the Bible is all about....  It is how to know Jesus and the Father.

In your view. 

For someone to ask me how I would know something about the enemy of God and did I ask him indicates a negative intention behind the question. 

It also indicates the lack of awareness of the book of Job. Satan exists because God created him to. God is eternally aware of all that is because all things are in God's control. Including Satan. 

In discussions like this what is too over looked is God's teaching in Isaiah 45.  

Satan is because God allows. If it was not for Satan there would be no thing from which we need saving. No test. No challenge. No prick of our worldly consciousness. 

God cannot be believed to be all, creator, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, and then have it argued Satan is able to one-up him.  Satan is the adverse .

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

28 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

I have often wondered if Satan went insane due to his pride? But regardless, he is delusional if he thinks he can win against God.

Can Satan be anything but created of God?

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

1.  Exactly how can you discern that there was a negative intention behind the question?  I can state emphatically, being familiar with other one's posts over years of membership that that is most surely not the case.  He has had a wealth of experience and also study of the occult and how things in that world operate.  It was a simple question and there was no negative connotation to it.  He sees the occult world a great deal differently than most of us do with less knowledge and experience, and through his experience he is a bit more bold in dealing with the subject.

2.  You cannot randomly assign values like that to anyone on the board since you have absolutely no data as to what their level of biblical knowledge is.

3.  You would have to explain exactly what you believe the parallel is here to Isaiah 45.

4.  No one here has argued that they believe Satan has a one-up on God.  No one has posed that argument.  The concept is that Satan believes he will still win out over God in the end despite that fact that we know that cannot and will not happen.  He believes this because of his pride, the factor that caused his original rebellion and fall.

You can state nothing emphatically when you are not the person in question. 

I have not to explain a thing to you.  You have no right to assume the identity of anyone else here and dare to speak for their intentions when they posted something to me. Nor do you have any right to dare to assume the identity of that person so as to speak for them. 

Isaiah 45 speaks for itself. If you are unaware of that, find a Bible site link. Or a Bible. This is all that we have to discuss. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

In your view. 

For someone to ask me how I would know something about the enemy of God and did I ask him indicates a negative intention behind the question. 

It also indicates the lack of awareness of the book of Job. Satan exists because God created him to. God is eternally aware of all that is because all things are in God's control. Including Satan. 

In discussions like this what is too over looked is God's teaching in Isaiah 45.  

Satan is because God allows. If it was not for Satan there would be no thing from which we need saving. No test. No challenge. No prick of our worldly consciousness. 

God cannot be believed to be all, creator, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, and then have it argued Satan is able to one-up him.  Satan is the adverse .

We are not talking reality here, but what is in the mind of the devil.  They have not been kicked out of the heavens yet and he is still trying things.  He and his will be shoved down here soon and then I will agree with much of what you are saying.....  And woe to the world when it happens...  hoping not to be here then.

What amazing timing. 

26 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I can state that emphatically.......

I'll say this and that is all. Again. Because that it needs repeating is quite frankly, sad. 

YOU cannot state emphatically ANYTHING! 

ANYYYYYYYYYYYYTHING!

when you are not otherone. Who was THE ONE I was addressing my remarks to initially. 

17 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

I'll say this and that is all. Again. Because that it needs repeating is quite frankly, sad. 

YOU cannot state emphatically ANYTHING! 

ANYYYYYYYYYYYYTHING!

when you are not otherone. Who was THE ONE I was addressing my remarks to initially. 

You're being baited my dear. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emphatic 

No one speaks on behalf of anyone else. They're not in their head.  

:th_praying: