• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Last Daze said:

How do they explain this as being historical:

• He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.  But the court will sit for judgment, and his dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever.  Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.  Daniel 7:25-27

Are all the kingdoms under heaven given to the saints?  This is what it says happens after the 42 months.

Hi bro, here is a link to a far more comprehensive study dealing with the characteristics and history of the little horn power of Daniel 7.

.https://brakelite.wordpress.com/category/characteristics-of-the-little-horn-power-of-daniel-7/

I appreciate some of what you will read there is coming from a completely different perspective than you would be used to, or even contemplated. I understand that after years dealing with a particular topic from one perspective you may find it difficult to change your way of interpreting scripture.  But bear in mind that observing end-time prophecy and studying eschatology from a futurist view point is only a relatively recent phenomenon. The reformers and earlier Christians compared prophecy with past and recent history and made their interpretations accordingly. You will be amazed at how, even in the minutest details, prophecy matches history, leaving very very little remaining to be fulfilled before our Savior returns. With futurism, where almost everything is still to be fulfilled, everything, literally, is open to conjecture and debate. Nothing is sure, as according to the hermenuetic,nothing has happened has yet. It is all guesswork. Historicism on the other hand contemplates prophecy as something which begins to be fulfilled at any time after the prophecy is given, and often from the very time it is given, not just for the very last days. Daniel 2 is a very good example of this. The 4 kingdoms began from Daniel's time, the 4th being destroyed at the second coming. the 4th kingdom at some time in history had to undergo a change...it became a mixture of iron and clay, therefore history must in some way bear this out. And it does. Subsequent prophecies in Daniel 7,8, and 11 and Revelations, cannot be understoood without reference to Daniel. Nor can they be interpreted differently. They are but magnifications of Daniel 2. Daniel 2 is the skeleton of prophecy...all prophecy following which deals with the kingdoms and times thereof are the meat and the sinews which makes it whole and complete....they are the details which adds to our understanding. But is we take Daniel 7 and place it in a context outside of Daniel 2 we get lost very quickly.

Anyway, enough said. Enjoy your read at the above link. Some long articles,but I think you will find them very fruitful. God bless.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, fixerupper said:

Well you're wrong and you didn't look or pay attention to my post.  The man of sin is ONE individual since personnal pronouns are used to describe him, over a dozen times.

The pronouns "he", "him", and "his", are most often used to depict one man, but they can also be used to depict a whole race of man.  Wouldn't you agree?

Did you look at 2 John 2:18?  Are you willing to change your mind and accept what truth is there? 

Many translations have it right, the KJV doesn't, and neither do you.....

No, I'm NOT willing to change my mind!  The writers of the newer versions of the Bible simply ADDED "the" in front of the term "antichrist" in 2 John :18.   I don't need to remind you that there's a price to pay for adding to the scriptures.

I don't agree with your America/European connection.  There's no use me asking where you get that idea, people typically aren't very good at showing people WHY they believe WHAT they believe.

America and Europe aren't found in end-time prophecy. 

You're right, those actual terms are not found in the end-time prophecies, but there are countless metaphors and code words used in Daniel and Revelation to describe America and the European Americans.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The pronouns "he", "him", and "his", are most often used to depict one man, but they can also be used to depict a whole race of man.  Wouldn't you agree?

Show me where!  And, there are easy ways to determine whether something is literal or fifurative, wouldn't you agree?

No, I'm NOT willing to change my mind!  The writers of the newer versions of the Bible simply ADDED "the" in front of the term "antichrist" in 2 John :18.   I don't need to remind you that there's a price to pay for adding to the scriptures.

That's because "I was wrong" just doesn't exist in a Christian's vocabulary.

Did you look at the interlinear?  The article was removed in the KJV and that's why many translations are worded, "the anti-Christ (singular) shall come."

The first word for anti-Christ is singular, and the word the 'THE' has been OMITTED by the KJV and others..

You're right, those actual terms are not found in the end-time prophecies, but there are countless metaphors and code words used in Daniel and Revelation to describe America and the European Americans.

Show me what they are.  I'm not saying I completely disagree, just wondering if MAYBE we see the same thing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Daniel 11:36-45

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,042
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 7/30/2017 at 5:05 AM, brakelite said:

I have long promoted the concept of the antichrist being a counterfeit of the true Christ; his religion a counterfeit of the Christian faith. Despite the ever popular theories to the contrary, below is a Bible study revealing why I continue to uphold my views.

The sea-beast or antichrist.
Comes from water to begin activity. (13:1)
Resembles dragon. (12:13 13:1)
Ten diadems. (13:1)
Ten horns (13:1)
Receives power throne and authority from dragon/Satan. (13:2,4)
42 months of activity in first phase. (13:5)
Was slain (13:3)
Resurrected (13:3)
Receives worship after healing (13:3,4,8)

1. The Beast that comes from the Sea (of Gentile Nations) vs the False Prophet that comes out of the earth/LAND (Israel) is a Metaphor.

2. The Red Dragon is only telling us that Satan is the God of this world. The Beast with Seven Heads is the Nations that come against Israel, the dragon is Satan. Satan is over the world/Babylon.

3. Ten Horns and Ten diadems means the same thing. Kings with Crowns are Kings.

4. Satan told Jesus in Luke 4 that he was given power over all the Kingdoms of this world.

5. There is one Week Agreement between many. The Anti-Christ breaks the Agreements in the middle of the week and thus he becomes a BEAST for 42 Months, ONLY. ( The Seven Headed Beast is thus REBORN after not being around for 1900 years. You can have no BEAST if there is no Israel in the Land, Israel was a Dead Men's Bones (Ezekiel) then they came alive again (1948). Thus the BEAST is Revived.

6. The BEAST was Slain and Revived....one Head was no more, for 1900 years, then it becomes alive again when the Anti-Christ conquers Jerusalem. He is given power over the Saints for 42 Months.

7. Of course the World who takes the Mark of the Beast worships him as God.

Edited by Revelation Man

18 hours ago, fixerupper said:

Did you look at the interlinear?  The article was removed in the KJV and that's why many translations are worded, "the anti-Christ (singular) shall come."

The first word for anti-Christ is singular, and the word the 'THE' has been OMITTED by the KJV and others..

(the King James)

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."  (1 John 2:18)

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come, and even now already is it in the world." (John 4:3)

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." (2nd John 1:7)

17 hours ago, fixerupper said:

Show me what they are.  I'm not saying I completely disagree, just wondering if MAYBE we see the same thing.

For starters, the "little horn that waxed exceeding great", in Daniel, and "BABYLON THE GREAT" in Revelation,  represents AMERICA.

The "ten kings out of the fourth kingdom" in Daniel 7:24, and in Revelation 17:12  represents European Americans.

2 hours ago, fayec said:

(the King James)

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."  (1 John 2:18)

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come, and even now already is it in the world." (John 4:3)

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." (2nd John 1:7)

So what's your point?

2 hours ago, fayec said:

For starters, the "little horn that waxed exceeding great", in Daniel, and "BABYLON THE GREAT" in Revelation,  represents AMERICA.

The "ten kings out of the fourth kingdom" in Daniel 7:24, and in Revelation 17:12  represents European Americans.

The little, not America.  The little horn comes from the geographical area of the ancient Grecian Empire.

You are welcome to show me WHY you believe this.  As of now, you're just telling me WHAT you believe.

'Babylon the Great' isn't difficult.  It means, "A Large False religion."   ISLAM!