Marriene

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys, just wondering. I stumbled upon this site where it stated all christian religion where being grouped altogether except for Latter Day Saints which is not indicated. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Mormons often consider themselves to be Christian. They do believe in Jesus, they will say, and go to church etc.

However, the Jesus of Mormonism, is the Spirit brother of Lucifer, the devil. In Mormonism, male mormons, can become gods, and God was once a man, like we are. Mormon men when they become Gods, get to be like Adam, who was the god of his own planet (earth), and Mormon men will do likewise.

What about Mormon women? Well, it the husbands call them by their secret names, then the can be with their husbands in the new planet, and raise spirit children.

There is more to it than that, but these are some of the reasons why Christians do not consider Mormons to be Christians, since the religions are really not much alike.

Jehovah's Witnesses, are also not considered Christians by Christians, as they also have mistaken theology, but they are at least a bit closer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

My daughter was married to a Mormon man for 8+ years. Omegaman is right about Mormons. I learned much about that false religion during that time. My 18 year old grandson is still screwed up over the way he was treated by that man. There is more to the story, but I won't bore you with the details.

John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

The Mormon belief contradicts Christianity. It is considered a cult. They reject the truth of God's word so no.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,811
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

What others have said. A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Christ as laid out in the Bible. Simply put, they don't, so they aren't.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I have no doubt that Smith was visited by an " angel " of light , just as I have no doubt that Mohammad was visited by an " angel " of light .

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

I would think you should define what you mean by "Angel of light"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Everything everyone here has said is true, Marrlene.  Mormons are not Christian.  And welcome to Worthy.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  895
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,598
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

The founder of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints (Mormons), Joseph Smith Junior, like founders of other cults (Charles Taze Russell founder of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society or Jehovah's Witnesses) all have the same thing in common: all keyed in on the errors of the Church Organization but only offered following them / their beliefs as the solution. 

The errors of the Church Organization are real and must be dealt with by the Church Organism following the Holy Spirit to Christ (not any man or group but ONLY the Author and Interpreter of the Bible the Holy Spirit of God). Period.

This would eliminate the divisions in the Church and the contradictions of church doctrine with the scriptures.

To answer the OP. No Mormonism is not a denomination but a full blown cult.

Best way to determine what a cult is, is in how and why it defines deity the way it does.

This is the ultimate end of humanism versus theology.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/11/1985

The Mormon religion teaches works for salvation. Scripture says we are saved by GRACE through FAITH. Not works. Reference the scripture below... God bless

James 2:14-26King James Version (KJV)

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.