• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

How about our OWN words that  portray the word of God!!

How sweet it is to have Gods words in our hearts and minds..

Isaiah 55: 6-7 Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Isaiah 55: 6-7 Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.

I like this passage:

1 Corinth 3 Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly—as infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food. In fact, you are still not ready, 3for you are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and dissension among you, are you not worldly? Are you not walking in the way of man?…

3 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I like this passage:

1 Corinth 3 Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly—as infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food. In fact, you are still not ready, 3for you are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and dissension among you, are you not worldly? Are you not walking in the way of man?…

Some people are dealing with the flesh and there are counterfeit Christians all over the place. A person needs to keep their Armor of God on all the time and keep their discernment sharp. But new Christians usually can not do that. That is where they need the Christian nourishment in a true Word of God Bible study so they can learn the truth and go from their.

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Some people are dealing with the flesh and there are counterfeit Christians all over the place. A person needs to keep their Armor of God on all the time and keep their discernment sharp. But new Christians usually can not do that. That is where they need the Christian nourishment in a true Word of God Bible study so they can learn the truth and go from their.

I like that saying: when you point the finger at a person there are three pointing back at you! :blow-up:

14 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I like that saying: when you point the finger at a person there are three pointing back at you! :blow-up:

A person just needs to be very, very careful that they are not getting false doctrine on a Christian message board. That is why it is important to compare what a person says to the truth. I think we all owe everyone who comes to Worthy the truth of God's word and got questions is not the only website that provides that. There are a couple others.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Davida said:

I believe this thread is about Is Yoga evil?

yeah so did i. funny that. got distracted by distraction it seems!

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 9/20/2017 at 10:19 AM, Davida said:

That is the point that it is- spiritual association whether the person is ignorant to it or seeking it, does not matter, and I cannot stress that enough. I experienced this first hand. In the spiritual dimension there is no excuses for the naïve or ignorant- if you by accident step into something or dabble by mistake-you will regret it and you will pay the consequences. Yoga is Not just "stretching" it is what Yogis do. Yoga is the training to do positions which are called asanas that are performed to open up energy channels (demonic spirit channels) & to invoke specific hindu deities (demons).  In order to train the body to get into these positions they teach a process of stretching & breathing exercises. Ignorance to it will offer you no protection.  It is the same in the physical realm. If you dive into shark infested waters- you will be shark food.

Amen Davida...........and it doesn't matter how "effective" or "relaxing" or how good something makes a person feel, if it was handed down by demons then we want no part with any part of it.  The devil baits his traps with something that seemeth good, until the person is found to be in bondage, trapped in the snare and taken captive.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2017 at 12:08 PM, mat007 said:

Hi. I was diagnosed with OCD and especially two types of OCD: Scrupulosity and HOCD and the second is so intense that I just can't get the thoughts out of my mind. People on the forums for OCD recommended Yoga to me. Question: Is it evil? I've heard some people saying that Yoga can bring demonic influence to people.

The spirit attached to yoga is indeed evil.  Satan is cunning and crafty. He will try to convince people that some yoga moves are not really yoga. Once we open that door and let those demons into our lives, we must pray to be delivered from them. Dont go there in the first place.

Walk! Just walk in place or wherever. Ride a bike or stationary bike. Stay away from any semblance of yoga. Play pickle ball or croquet. There are all kinds of activities for those who are really active or not really active at all. Just MOVE!! Recite scripture while your at it. Memorize Gods word. Get busy ignoring this lie pinned on you  from the pit of hell!

I encourage you to fill your heart and mind with the word of God. Read the bible, listen to audio bible , listen to hymns focusing on scripture etc. Fill your mind with all things good pure and holy . Phil 4:8

I believe ocd and hocd is  a SPIRITUAL PROBLEM. It is a demon called ANXIETY. Its all in your mind and that is why I think it is a spiritual problem. Where does satan attack us? The mind!  ie ephesians 6.

Strengthen your armor. Change your focus. It is a process but I know you can do it because I DID.

Please hear me out!

I also think it would be beneficial to apply your mind to a craft or something you like to do when you feel overcome by overly focusing on something which is being out of control. Make it a point to fight those urges and replace the urge with something else. I may not be explaining myself properly but I am merely saying "to not" reinforce the behavior but try to remove it by replacing it with something healthy. It is a process and in time with perseverance and hard work  it will all but vanish from your life because you havent given it power to control you! You can do all things through Christ who will strengthen you. Use Christ' strength. Ask for it!

God can help you overcome this false identity satan has pinned on you and convinced you that it is part of you!

If you tell yourself or even reinforce a behavior with comments like  "the second is so intense that I just cant get the thoughts out of my mind"; you are self defeating.

You are speaking a false narrative about yourself influenced by a demon whispering in your mind. If you are reborn again in Christ you are a new creation. You have been given a sound mind. The word of God is our means to the source.

Dont reinforce the behavior by agreeing with it. It is a spiritual problem. It is a FALSE IDENTITY.

Instead say" I am victorious in Christ and this ocd and hocd is not of God! I will be free from it because God has told me I have a sound mind. Say"in the past I have struggled. But now I am on my way to being free of it!"

I wouldnt be surprised if you told me that a worldly doctor diagnosed you with these things. They dont base their thinking on scripture but that of a worldly philosophy .They probably prescribed you with meds which renders you under the influence of a drug. Its all in the design to keep you in bondage to the revolving door of "yes you have this" and "take this pill "and then "take this pill because this pill has side affects" so "take this pill" to help with that!

I speak from experience! God set me free from all kinds of  poison the worldly doctors pinned on me. I went through 10 yrs of serious depression because  throughout that time span;I lost two brothers and my mom and dad. It started at age 38 and through age 49.  I had every reason to be depressed!I was in a never ending (it felt like) grieving process!  Every couple of years someone in my family was dying and at fairly young ages! I didnt all of a sudden become bi polar! I was sad! I was sad and rightfully so.

I wasnt bi polar or anything else. I needed more Jesus in my life!  I was a self medicating addict who trusted the worlds system when in fact they only placed me in a false identity for worldly monetary gain. They made all kinds of money off of me!  I was SPIRITUALLY SICK.  I  needed my savior to help me. It wasnt until I learned to be obedient and not a rebellious wild woman that he helped me! God answers the prayers of the righteous. He most certainly does.

I was trapped in all kinds of mind haze with zanax and other drugs.  I have been free for 5 yrs now! Praise the Lord! It was a slow process of weaning off class 1 narcotics but God helped me all along the way. I have NOT ONCE gone off the rails so to speak as I did when being on all those drugs and under the care of whacked out worldly doctors! I needed Jesus and not worldly philosophy and mind numbing drugs. I applied myself to serious bible study . The word is the lamp unto my feet and the light unto my path! I can testify!! Can I get an amen?!

You can be set free. It will be a process but you have to believe that this isnt the "you God said you are in HIM".

You have to have the faith of a child that God can set you free from the chains that bind you. Are you ready to embrace the truth ?

I know I will get some flack from some  for saying what I have  but it does not change the truth. The issue to be addressed is the false identity satan gave you and why you agree with it and why you reinforce it? Up until now you did so out of "not understanding" . Now you have been given another way to look at it. I really do hope you pursue this in Gods word and prayer.

We are attacked through our minds. God didnt give us a spirit of ocd or hocd. It is an anxiety problem at the root.

I hope that I havent made you upset but given you a fresh perspective. Pray for the LORD to help you see your new identity which is in part ,self control!

2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

“Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” John 14:27

“I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.  He freed me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4

Resist the devil and he will flees from you....................

Blessings

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Yoga is a tenant and spiritual practice of Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism (see Wikipedia). In fact, Yoga means to be yoked to Brahmin (chief god of Hinduism, Vishnu and Shiva come out of Brahmin and so do 330 Million other gods) and Buddha was a avatar of Braham (Buddhism and Hinduism have major connections, even though they are enemies; I see them as equivalent of Shias and Sunnis in Islam; except they claim to be different religions). [World Religions and Cults Volume 2, Chapter 4]. 

A friend of mine was the daughter of Sheik (priest of Hinduism) and she will have nothing to do with Yoga now that she is Christian because she knows the positions in Yoga and its other practices worship the gods of Hinduism. 

Stay away from Yoga, which is number one stress relief drug that is splitting families and making people lukewarm, "But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!" (Revelation 3:16). 

Check out this book if you want proof: 

41Sa1+LV9RL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

More resources: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_(philosophy)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga

Edited by Fidei Defensor

45 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Stay away from Yoga, which is number one stress relief drug that is splitting families and making people lukewarm, "But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!" (Revelation 3:16). 

I agree that yoga is an evil dangerous practice. I dont have a problem with saying that it is!

But I do have a problem with false claims.

No reason to be a fear monger. Many have ignorantly made bad choices . The church is instructed to  gently restore brothers and sisters  back on the right path.  We dont crack the whip with people who are ignorant to the truth and may  not be doing things that align with Gods words.

Christ was gentle with those who were humble and he was fierce with those who were full of pride and rebellion.

Your assertion that yoga is 1 number stress relief drug and renders one lukewarm is non factual on two counts and just plain hyperbole.  Yoga may be a symptom of ignorance . The root is lack of knowledge from not applying oneself to the word of God!

One book doesnt make your claim factual either . It is one persons OPINION.