• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

OK, they're still children... And even us as adults do not follow the rules perfectly 100% of the time. Of course, when we're adults we do not act like children anymore but we still have our bad moments.

I tell you this because I already was a child, and for some reason, sometimes I chose to rebel and decided to do what I should not... Sometimes in fury, not getting attention, etc.

I believe it is not as simple as that, children will misbehave sometimes. Considering that all children who do that lack instructions is not accurate in my opinion.

A good example: God gave us instructions for us to follow, but are we following them perfectly all the time?!

Some parents have a strong willed child and they should get consequences accordingly. You do not let them get away with their inappropriate behavior. A parent needs to be on top of it and in control. I do not believe in spanking or beating a child into discipline.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I will tell you what I think. Then you all can tell me what you think. I do not think that people should flash dirty looks at parents who have noise children in church. This makes the parents feel like they are not welcome. And that they should just leave and maybe not come back, if they do not have anyone to take care of the children.  I think that noise children should be ignored. Or one should try as much as they can do ignore it. In the less they should not be flashing dirty looks  at the parents. Anyway that I what I think. 

I always thought it was a good place for my son to learn to be still and listen and practice reverance and respect and appreciated all the saints that helped him learn these disciplines. Some by giving him the looks or talks and some for praising his acomplishments in practicing be still and listen for The Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,432
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Davida said:

That's why they need to be in Sunday school  or Nursery school where the Gospel is given at their level and they can learn who JESUS is.

Your replies here have been good advice and makes good sense.  Parents know their children and how they react to sitting for 45 minutes doing nothing.  Some kids are obedient to a tee, while some naturally would get bored as the sermon may not be their bag of tea and would get cranky.  Most churches i attended, would have some of the teenagers take care of the little ones while the main service is in taking place.   Toddlers with their mothers at the service is left up to the moms to do what she think is appropriate to woo the child back to calm and they often take the back seats so they can exit easily and re-enter likewise.  It is not sermon if kids distraction is rampant, the pastor would just not be able to effectively concentrate, afterall he is just a man who can get distracted and loose his place of point and it can be demanding for him to try to get back to his train of thought.     If a mom has to leave the service for whatever reason, the service is taped and she can be handed a cd or so to listen at her convenience. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What is giving the parents a dirty look going to do other than make you angry?

Uh? Im sorry i didn't get you. I meant in my prev reply that i wouldn't give them dirty stares. But yes, there isn't any point and certainly there is nothing uplifting about giving those stares. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Your replies here have been good advice and makes good sense.  Parents know their children and how they react to sitting for 45 minutes doing nothing.  Some kids are obedient to a tee, while some naturally would get bored as the sermon may not be their bag of tea and would get cranky.  Most churches i attended, would have some of the teenagers take care of the little ones while the main service is in taking place.   Toddlers with their mothers at the service is left up to the moms to do what she think is appropriate to woo the child back to calm and they often take the back seats so they can exit easily and re-enter likewise.  It is not sermon if kids distraction is rampant, the pastor would just not be able to effectively concentrate, afterall he is just a man who can get distracted and loose his place of point and it can be demanding for him to try to get back to his train of thought.     If a mom has to leave the service for whatever reason, the service is taped and she can be handed a cd or so to listen at her convenience. 

bible doesn't say know your children it says teacy your children. some are harder to teach certain things but doesn't excuse not teaching them.

6 hours ago, Reinitin said:

bible doesn't say know your children it says teacy your children. some are harder to teach certain things but doesn't excuse not teaching them.

Does the Bible have to specifically state "know your children" then only one would? To be able to teach your children, you have to know your children.. after all, no fingers are the same. Those who have more than one child would definitely know each are unique and different. Also i was an educator, so i probably speak this way. Every children has his or her own learning style. And in these present days, children are no longer like how our parents days were. My mum just have to stare at us and we would stop doing what we were doing. Try applying that method to my 4 years old daughter, it is an epic failure ?. I have to teach her in a different way. It is indeed a challenge raising children, let alone raising them in the godly path, especially in this generation. May God grant us wisdom as parents. 

Ephesians 6

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;

That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Reinitin you are missing the point.  Off course you have to teach your children, but the teaching starts at the home, so when the signals are sent they know what the consequences are.   A parent knows the traits of their children and would prepare for such when going to outings  and gatherings.  That is my point.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I do not believe in spanking or beating a child into discipline.

I do. And I speak as a child who were raised like that.

"Chasten your son while there is hope,
And do not set your heart on his destruction." - Proverbs 19:18

"He who spares his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him promptly." - Proverbs 13:24

But I agree that just "spanking" and "beating" is not the only thing, some words, explanation and additional chastening may be required.

Because there were times I was rebuked and I still don't know why... Then please explain your child of why, I believe it is important.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

But I agree that just "spanking" and "beating" is not the only thing, some words, explanation and additional chastening may be required.

Because there were times I was rebuked and I still don't know why... Then please explain your child of why, I believe it is important.

I too was raised with a rod, feather duster, hanger, hands, belt, all shapes and sizes ???. But yes, parenting these days are different than before, children nowdays respond or react negatively to these kinds of "outdated" methods. Punishing without explaining or teaching is futile indeed... it will only provoke them to anger. At times where situation permits, refrain from using physical punishment, perhaps give them the choice if they continuously choose to rebel, the rod will appear. Nontheless, everything in moderation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

We are seven children of our parents and my father never touched us. Our mother on the other hand disciplined us when it was necessary with a licking that we sure did understand afterwards to behave.  We had respect for our father that was just a family thing . In those days, the village helped in raising kids.  A villager only had to complain to our parents of a disprespectful act and we would have stern warning and where warranted a few strokes.  We all look back now and are thankful for our parents methods as it never in anyway harmed us, but embolden us to become better citizens and people.  My siblings does not spank as such, but use the time out method which when used timely is very effective in getting the point across.  Time and law of the land has changed and the children today uses it for their advantage and in many situations it has protected them from abuse.  On the other hand, the rod taken away has produced many rebellious kids that knows the 911 number too well and therefore the parents of today hands are really tied behind their backs, so to speak.  

• Thumbs Up 1