10 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Good passages! The parable of the sower is what reminded me of that analogy. The Parable of the sower always frightens me a bit because when I'm feeling low I end up thinking that my seed landed in the "thorny places" or was "eaten up by animals". Or when I fail at a project I end up thinking 'rotten fruit'. it's a scary feeling.  

9 hours ago, Davida said:

I Like it! but I'd put it slightly different-

Faith--->  =Seed
Salvation->=Tree / Vine ( we are connected by the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ
Works---> =Fruit (verifies the indwelling Holy Spirit)

Good stuff, I had difficulty fitting the 'fruit' with a description but yours is better. I will use it from now on. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Similar Content

• By Your Brother In Christ
      I do need to clarify what I mean by Church. I'm referring to the common American format. 
      You have praise and worship, one pastor who preaches a sermon, and congregation that checks there good Christian card every Sunday.
      Is this what the Church was supposed to be?
    • Guest Kevin0203
      By Guest Kevin0203
      I actually have known of God, Jesus and all this stuff sense my first bibal class. I've been saved by Baptist and Catholics you name the denomination and I've been there. By now I've been saved probably 90 times. What gives? Please explain to me If we all are "Christians" and read I'm assuming from the same book why so many are lost? This is as far as I'll go for now cause I'm new and don't wanna over stay my welcome.. Peace
    • By Fidei Defensor
      The Church’s Purpose: 
      “God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord; In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.“ (Ephesians 3:10-12)
      Here the purpose of the Church is revealed as displaying Wisdom who is Jesus Christ the Lord God (1 Corinthians 1:18-2:18, Colossians 2:2-3, 1 Corinthians 1:30), and His Gospel (John 6:40, John 3:16-18, John 14:6). That we are ambassadors, “So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" (2 Corinthians 5:20). 
      The purpose of the church is to display and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and show Him to the world. At the same time our purpose is to be God’s family and know Jesus (Philippians 3:8-10). 
    • By ShinyGospelShoes
      Daniel & Revelation - Psalms 77:13
      Psalms 77:13  Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
      7 Branch Candlestick - Lampstand
      (I tried to insert as a picture, but do not know how, if anyone could help with that, much appreciated, 'a picture is worth a thousand words' as the proverb goes)

The first 'Book' Of Daniel
      Daniel 4:1-37; Daniel 3:1-30; Daniel 2:1-49; Daniel 1:1-21; Daniel 7:1-28; Daniel 6:1-28; Daniel 5:1-31
      In their parallel order as in the 7 branches of the candlestick (and will be demonstrated by the very text itself):
      Daniel 4:1-37 -- King, Everlasting Gospel, Saved
      Daniel 3:1-30 -- Law, Test, Worship, 1st Amendment
      Daniel 2:1-49 -- Vision, Kingdoms Of Earth To Heaven
      Daniel 1:1-21 -- Captivity To Release
      Daniel 7:1-28 -- Vision, Kingdoms Of Earth To Heaven
      Daniel 6:1-28 -- Law, Test, Worship, 1st Amendment
      Daniel 5:1-31-- King, Everlasting Gospel, Lost

The second 'Book' of Daniel
      Daniel 8:1 - 12:13
      (This portion of Daniel, deals with the Sanctuary services itself, and is steeped in Sanctuary langauge, to be demonstrated by the text itself a little later.)

The Revelation Of Jesus Christ
      Rev. 1:1-5:14; Rev. 6:1-8:1; Rev. 8:2-11:19; Rev. 12:1-14:20; Rev. 15:1-19:21; Rev. 20:1-15; Rev. 21:1-22:21
      In their parallel order as in the 7 branches of the candlestick (and will be demonstrated by the very text itself):
      Revelation 1:1 - 5:14 -- The 7 Churches
      Revelation 6:1 - 8:1 -- The 7 Seals
      Revelation 8:2 - 11:19 -- The 7 Trumpets
      Revelation 12:1 - 14:20 -- The Great War
      Revelation 15:1 - 19:21 -- The 7 Last Plagues
      Revelation 20:1-15 -- The 1,000 Years
      Revelation 21:1 - 22:21 -- The New Jerusalem

The Feasts of the LORD
      Leviticus 23:4-44
      1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 7 - 7 - 7
      The Passover (1st Month (Abib), 14th day, at even) - Leviticus 23:4-5
      Unleavened Bread (1st Month (Abib), 15th day unto 21st day (7 days), a yearly feastal sabbath) - Leviticus 23:6-8
      Firstfruits/Wavesheaf (1st Month (Abib), 16th day, on the morrow after the sabbath) - Leviticus 23:9-14
      Pentecost/Feast of Weeks (3rd Month (Sivan), 50 days (7 complete Sabbath's (7*7=49) and unto the morrow after the 7th Sabbath (49+1=50)) - Leviticus 23:15-22
      Trumpets (7th Month (Ethanim), 1st day) - Leviticus 23:23-25
      Atonement (7th Month (Ethanim), 10th day, yearly festal sabbath, in the 9th day, even unto even) - Leviticus 23:26-32
      Booths/Tabernacles/Ingathering (7th Month (Ethanim), 15th day unto 21st day (7 days), and an 8th day (the 1st and 8th being a yearly festal sabbath)) - Leviticus 23:33-44