• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

33 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

There are a lot of bad ones out there. I agree with you on that list of names. But there are also a lot of good ones out there too. Dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.

not on that list of names I just sent.    thems all false .  they all under the spell now.

I would not mind finding some of those  true ones  , we could gladly start warning the people and encouraging daily.  cause what I see coming and even now is

IS a grand old giant deception that leads the world and all faiths and all religions RIGHT to the beast .  RIGHT to it.

Its so true and so clear to see.    Where it says ALL who are not in the lambs books of life will worship the beast, the very one the false prophets causes the world to worship.

I see more and more faiths dropping sound doctrine , dropping CHRIST for unity and peace OF THE WORLD , for hugs and getting along and calling evil good

and good evil for world peace sake.    It aint coming............ITS BEGAN.     IT HAS BEGAN.  and it will get  far , far worse.

till in time the whole world IN CONCEPT , MIND , HEART will yield to the beast  , to the king and kings whom this false dark spirit behind the all inclusive mindset

, interfaith , is leading them too.    Soon the only REAL ENEMEY above all ENEMIES will be the lambs of GOD.    This might not make sense to you all now

But I am watching rome, I am watching emergent and other churches and the call is all about UNITY , but unity NOT in the FAITH but with the WORLD and Rome is leading it .

I am seeing muslims for world peace mindset accepting gays and all,  Christians for world peace uniting with them, budditst , wicans for peace ,

they all have this one thing in common .  A false LOVE , a unity with the world , world peace.   ITSBEGAN is why..........the end time scenario HAS BEGAN the delusion has began.

And I must keep warning till my last breath.   ITS HERE..........but most don't see it , they see it as a love , unity , world peace message.    they have no idea

the spell they are under is just that a spell to lead the world to worship , surrender all to a dark one who will have the very answers to what THEY THINK is the ills of the world.

AND less and less are seeing it as more and more are just uniting in hand holding and hugs.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

I decided to look at their church web site to see what I could find out for myself what they seem to believe rather than relying on 2nd and 3rd hand reviews and comments.  Their doctrinal statement (from bethel.com/about) looks like a pretty standard Christian one and is copied and pasted below as an FYI.  An interesting page on their site is their core values where they go into much more detail about what they believe.  https://www.bethel.com/core-values/  They are a cessationist's nightmare, but other than that, I really didn't see much I haven't seen elsewhere in some form or another in other places in pentecostal and charismatic circles other than some explicit emphasis on the believer as a new creation and an adopted child of God.  They definitely use modern language instead of standard "Christianese", but unless I point to a few specific words or grab sentences out of context and assume the worst possible construction and meaning, I didn't seen anything seriously problematic for the amount of detail that they go into.  Taken as a whole, I didn't find anything explicitly anti-Christian that denied the gospel in a serious way.

The biggest thing I see is that they have a strong emphasis on revival (as being evidenced by signs and wonders) as the main goal of their church.  This definitely has the potential for getting out of balance though it is not clear what they mean by revival.  I would guess there's a good chance that it's the good old pentecostal meaning (since they did start off as Assemblies of God and it's been their church goal for quite some time).  If so,  it's about sinners getting saved and people repenting from sin and becoming holier and the Holy Spirit falling and doing tangible stuff in people that can be seen just like in the book of Acts.  That's not to say individuals cannot get out of balance looking for signs, but the real key is what the leadership is emphasizing as to what revival is.  I haven't read enough of their stuff or listened to enough sermons to understand what this is.

My impression from what I saw on their site is that they believe in the imminent return of Christ as well as pushing forward with the Kingdom of God to make as big an impact in the world as possible.  As far as I can tell, their view seems to be that while the Lord could return any moment, He might also return a long time from now and that it is our obligation as Christians to be laying a strong spiritual foundation for the following generations should the Lord tarry (to use the old pentecostal term). 

I've read accusations of salvation by works and christian perfection, but they do not seem to believe that.  They do emphasize that Christians are a new creation and that sin is part of the old nature not the new (and perhaps that is misunderstood to mean some type of perfectionism).  But I couldn't find any place where they stated Christians are without sin in their lives and indeed they state in places that Christians will struggle with sin in their lives.

When considering what people say about this group, I'm trying to sort out how much of it is outright criticism and rejection of anything pentecostal or charismatic along with typical denominational bickering, and how much of it is really excesses that most pentecostals and charismatics would themselves reject.

Of course, this is only my take on what they say they believe on their web site.  I have no first hand experience of what their services are like and have to rely on a few popularized accounts which may or may not represent standard day to day practice or might be a few outliers in behavior that they themselves would reject.  I haven't listened to any sermons to get a sense of what the main emphasis is.  I've only seen a few links (including a couple written by people who describe themselves as not being mainstream Christians) and a few articles that are potentially sensationalized to some degree.

Bethel statement of faith from "bethel.com/about":

There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent–one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.

Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God's Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God's kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive today in the presence of God the Father and in His people. He is "true God" and "true man."

We are saved by God's grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit, convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.

In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live holy and minister supernaturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have power to be witnesses.

The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy–sin, lies, sickness and torment.

The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of baptism and communion. The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God's love, and discipling the nations–baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.

In the ever-increasing government of God and in the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His overcoming bride–His church. Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 hour ago, GandalfTheWise said:

I decided to look at their church web site to see what I could find out for myself what they seem to believe rather than relying on 2nd and 3rd hand reviews and comments.  Their doctrinal statement (from bethel.com/about) looks like a pretty standard Christian one and is copied and pasted below as an FYI.  An interesting page on their site is their core values where they go into much more detail about what they believe.  https://www.bethel.com/core-values/  They are a cessationist's nightmare, but other than that, I really didn't see much I haven't seen elsewhere in some form or another in other places in pentecostal and charismatic circles other than some explicit emphasis on the believer as a new creation and an adopted child of God.  They definitely use modern language instead of standard "Christianese", but unless I point to a few specific words or grab sentences out of context and assume the worst possible construction and meaning, I didn't seen anything seriously problematic for the amount of detail that they go into.  Taken as a whole, I didn't find anything explicitly anti-Christian that denied the gospel in a serious way.

The biggest thing I see is that they have a strong emphasis on revival (as being evidenced by signs and wonders) as the main goal of their church.  This definitely has the potential for getting out of balance though it is not clear what they mean by revival.  I would guess there's a good chance that it's the good old pentecostal meaning (since they did start off as Assemblies of God and it's been their church goal for quite some time).  If so,  it's about sinners getting saved and people repenting from sin and becoming holier and the Holy Spirit falling and doing tangible stuff in people that can be seen just like in the book of Acts.  That's not to say individuals cannot get out of balance looking for signs, but the real key is what the leadership is emphasizing as to what revival is.  I haven't read enough of their stuff or listened to enough sermons to understand what this is.

My impression from what I saw on their site is that they believe in the imminent return of Christ as well as pushing forward with the Kingdom of God to make as big an impact in the world as possible.  As far as I can tell, their view seems to be that while the Lord could return any moment, He might also return a long time from now and that it is our obligation as Christians to be laying a strong spiritual foundation for the following generations should the Lord tarry (to use the old pentecostal term). 

I've read accusations of salvation by works and christian perfection, but they do not seem to believe that.  They do emphasize that Christians are a new creation and that sin is part of the old nature not the new (and perhaps that is misunderstood to mean some type of perfectionism).  But I couldn't find any place where they stated Christians are without sin in their lives and indeed they state in places that Christians will struggle with sin in their lives.

When considering what people say about this group, I'm trying to sort out how much of it is outright criticism and rejection of anything pentecostal or charismatic along with typical denominational bickering, and how much of it is really excesses that most pentecostals and charismatics would themselves reject.

Of course, this is only my take on what they say they believe on their web site.  I have no first hand experience of what their services are like and have to rely on a few popularized accounts which may or may not represent standard day to day practice or might be a few outliers in behavior that they themselves would reject.  I haven't listened to any sermons to get a sense of what the main emphasis is.  I've only seen a few links (including a couple written by people who describe themselves as not being mainstream Christians) and a few articles that are potentially sensationalized to some degree.

Bethel statement of faith from "bethel.com/about":

There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent–one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.

Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God's Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God's kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive today in the presence of God the Father and in His people. He is "true God" and "true man."

We are saved by God's grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit, convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.

In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live holy and minister supernaturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have power to be witnesses.

The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy–sin, lies, sickness and torment.

The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of baptism and communion. The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God's love, and discipling the nations–baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.

In the ever-increasing government of God and in the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His overcoming bride–His church. Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.

Now now GANDALF , I didn't think YOU would have a problem with HOGSWORT Christains.  Name kinda gave it away.      OH yeah it gives it away.

49 minutes ago, Davida said:

It doesn't matter what they put as their statement of Faith. They practice demonic doctrines. The proof is in what they do & with their words. Grave sucking?? They are trying to clean up what is on the internet because they have been called out on it and have received a lot of bad PR. If they clean the videos, it changes nothing, unless people confess & denounce their past actions, they have not changed.  All you have to do is listen & watch their services and if you are well anchored in the Word of God your alarms should be going off full throttle. It is spiritual defilement. This is the thing with those who deceive and are deceived they mix in some sweet biblical phrases with stuff that they are doing. The devil is subtle  & smooth, he knows how to use scripture to manipulate and knows how to trap and trick people. 

and now just one name.    GANDALF.     let that sink it a bit .      Now ya know why some cannot see what is so clear to see.   ITS all I need to say.   G   A   N   D   A   L   F

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

Ayin jade.  whose fighting.    just ponder this a bit.    their is no such thing as a good witch, wizard or whatever.

not to mention right from a young witches mouth.   when asked , and I quoate ,   WHAT made you interested in witchcraft.  Her answer.  THE HARRY POTTER MOVIES I seen

as a child..     YEAH , cause they glorifying witch craft and scorcery.  and I think GANDALF was a name of one of its leaders if memory serves me correct.

SO I was just making a point real clear.  HOWEVER I done said ALL  I need to say on that .   You know I love ya.   And I don't love ya no less for trying to stop strife.

But the point did have to be made.   since it has been made.   I am done .   You be blessed.  

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

33 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

and now just one name.    GANDALF.     let that sink it a bit .      Now ya know why some cannot see what is so clear to see.   ITS all I need to say.   G   A   N   D   A   L   F

Removed for personal attack of a members name.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Last week, a reporter at BuzzFeed posted an in-depth article after going undercover during prophecy week at the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry. The school is one of the darling ministries of Bethel Church in Redding, CA, which also includes the music of Jesus Culture and their healing ministry Bethel Sozo. Any look into Bethel is bound to uncover some strange things, and the author certainly did. But despite an excellent exposé, she overlooked something crucial.

Molly Hensley-Clancy's revelation of the charismatic school -- nicknamed Christian Hogwarts by its own students -- presented more than the usual anecdotes of the weird. She also brought to light what Bethel is doing in their own city. They've given money to civic government, invested in the town's infrastructure, and even paid handsomely to save the jobs of four police officers. Bethel Church members have run for public office and started a secular public school (they get by with this saying the message of the "kingdom" is love, not religion).

All the kooky trickery that Bethel is known for was there, too: glory clouds, fire tunnels, grave sucking, dancing, chanting, healing, creepy laughter, and speaking in tongues. Oh, and false prophecy. Lots and lots of false prophecy. As one former student named Chris pointed out, what they call prophecy is no different than when a psychic does a cold reading. Only one out of every hundred prophecies are "true." We hear all about those, which they catalog along with their "miracles" like a baptist church does its baptisms. We never hear about the failures.

Hensley-Clancy also pulled back the veil on the dark side of Bethel's reckless charismaticism, from being a disruption in the community to the point that it has cost people their lives. Perhaps you've heard the story about a man who fell down a cliff and some students of Bethel attempted to heal him before they finally got help. There's another about a young man who died after an asthma attack. Neighborhood Bethelites wasted precious time trying to heal him instead of calling 911.

The coverage was thorough, sure to mention that Bethel is part of the New Apostolic Reformation, (though Hensley-Clancy called it New Apostolic Christianity) before shifting to the new name they wish to go by: the Independent Network Charismatic, or INC. Chris Rosebrough reported earlier that the NAR was attempting to shed the term coined by the late C. Peter Wagner and adopt this new moniker. That's a change we might have to get used to.

Read more at:

https://pastorgabehughes.blogspot.com/2017/10/bethel-church-believes-different-gospel.html?m=1

I did read this article last week as I saw  it in Fb ,but now I have a question ,most churches these days sing all the Bethel church songs ?

https://www.azlyrics.com/b/bethelmusic.html

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

https://faithfulstewardshipblog.com/2016/01/26/dim-no-longer-slaves-by-bethel-music/

You unravel me, with a melody
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance, from my enemies
Till all my fears are gone

(Chorus)
I’m no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God

From my Mother’s womb
You have chosen me
Love has called my name
I’ve been born again, into your family
Your blood flows through my veins

(Bridge)
You split the sea, so I could walk right through it
All my fears were drowned in perfect love
You rescued me, so I could stand and sing
I am a child of God

Publishing: ©2014 Bethel Music Publishing (ASCAP). All Rights Reserved. Used by Permission.
Writer(s): Brian Johnson, Jonathan David Helser, Joel Case

Discussion

As with most successful cults, Bethel has mastered the art of cloaking their false theology in “churchinese”. The song hits a couple of key terms: slavery, deliverance, womb, chosen, child of God… but how it gets put together is the problem. Nothing in this song points to Christ. It points to “me” being a child of God directly. From what is the singer proclaiming he has been set free? fear. Not sin, death, and the Wrath of God… fear. How are we set free from fear? We just are, in our being, because God’s blood flows in our veins… see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ is just being skipped over here?

It is true that in having been forgiven of our sin and having been set free from darkness, death, and the Wrath of God we no longer have anything (or anyone) to fear. But that fear isn’t because the problems are all gone… sin still exists, death still reigns in our mortal flesh, and the Wrath of God will be poured out when Jesus Christ returns to judge the living and the dead… the difference is that Jesus Christ is the Hope of our Salvation. For we who are of the household of faith are baptized into His death and resurrection. In His death, He bore the full wrath of God against all sin, and His resurrection silenced the enemy and secures for us everlasting life in Him.

Verse 1. First 2 lines are throw-away lines. Those who’ve dabbled in mysticism long enough will key into the emotional/mystical/spiritually-sensual vibe of these first two lines and will likely close their eyes, maybe throw their hands out, possibly start weeping,… because the atmosphere is being filled with the Presence…. these folks don’t need the rest of the song, or any of the churchinese… they’ve moved beyond Christianity, beyond doctrine. The rest of the song is for the unitiated… for the Christian who still needs some indication that Bethel is somehow connected to the Bible. So they mention deliverance… from my enemies. Not from sin, no… that’s too legalistic… it’s more their speed to personify a purely external enemy, the devil, demons, scoffers, discernment bloggers… anyone who’d dare question the authenticity of their “spiritual/mystical experience”, or claim that the familiar spirit is God the Holy Spirit. The point of this mysticism is to numb out… mentally, spiritually, until all fear is gone… and all discernment… and all truth and reality. This is not how the God of the Bible instructs us to worship Him. Bethel records a lot of their live “worship experiences”… this is how they employ this song:

Chorus. Nothing more than a bold (I think the singer actually encourages the crowd to sing more boldly) declaration of self. Entitlement. Absolutely no credit to the One who bought us by His blood.

Verse 2. This verse has some more churchinese, with a reference that will remind orthodox Christians of their doctrine of election, but that’s not what Bethel teaches. And that’s not really what is being said… it’s a spiritually-sensual reference to being begotten of God. I think that’s why KLove knew to capitalize “Mother” in the lyric… or maybe Bethel gave it to them capitalized. who knows. The point here is that it’s pointing to us, not to God the Father, God the Son, or God the Holy Spirit. The verse also super-spiritualizes Jesus. Bethel has very poor Christology… well, they preach a different Jesus altogether. God the Son (Jesus) still has a body, a perfect body, but still an actual body. His blood does not flow through our veins. When we receive communion, we are given His blood and body by Grace… yes… but still His blood is not flowing in our veins. We are indwelt by God the Holy Spirit, sealed by Him for the day of Judgement for the Resurrection in Christ Jesus.

Bridge. Yeah, another hyper-sensual spiritualization of the Red Sea crossing. By this point you are either in, going with the flow, or you’ve left the auditorium. Rescued me from what? Well, according to the song “fear”. Why? So I can stand and sing I am a child of God. Yeah, that ain’t the Gospel.

I’m done with this song. But I think we need to remind ourselves of what the Scriptures say regarding the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let’s turn to 1 Corinthians 15… the full chapter.

1 Corinthians 15 (ESV) | The Resurrection of Christ

15 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

The Resurrection of the Dead

12 Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. 15 We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised.16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.

20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

29 Otherwise, what do people mean by being baptized on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized on their behalf? 30 Why are we in danger every hour? 31 I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day! 32 What do I gain if, humanly speaking, I fought with beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.” 33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” 34 Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame.

The Resurrection Body

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?” 36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.

42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. 43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.

Mystery and Victory

50 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
55 “O death, where is your victory?
    O death, where is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Conclusion

The song is worship created and used by the heretical cult of Bethel Church in Redding. This should not be playing on Christian radio, let alone be in the top 20. Bethel preaches a false gospel, a counterfeit spirit, and a different Jesus. It doesn’t point to Christ, doesn’t preach repentance and the forgiveness of sin.

Romans 16:24-27 (ESV) | Doxology

25 Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages 26 but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— 27 to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.

What do you think?

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

A lot of churches call themselves  Bethel Church that have nothing to do with this church, so please don't demonize them all.  We have several in our community.  

The church I attend had a whole lot of evil lies said about them in the early years, none of which I have found to be true, so I tend to be slightly skeptical.  It is a warning to be wary, but I certainly don't panic about it.  I do renounce seeking experiences and not seeking God's face, and I agree that some people just want to be entertained.  The whole "Toronto Experience" thing is repugnant to me.  But I refuse to jump on the "band wagon" at this point.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Willa said:

The church I attend had a whole lot of evil lies said about them in the early years, none of which I have found to be true, so I tend to be slightly skeptical.  It is a warning to be wary, but I certainly don't panic about it.  I do renounce seeking experiences and not seeking God's face, and I agree that some people just want to be entertained.  The whole "Toronto Experience" thing is repugnant to me.  But I refuse to jump on the "band wagon" at this point.

Test everything.  So many are in false gospels,  yet will never admit this , even when it is clearly disclosed from their own statements ....

The so-called "Toronto" debacle (1991?)  was an obvious, continuing(from then until today) ,  and reported often world wide disaster of spiritual destruction/ fakery/ and deception by the devil and demons and people controlled by the "prince of the power of the air" as written in Ephesians 2.   Fellowships and assemblies that had been seen as at least 'normal' / 'healthy'/ 'edifying'/ or 'good' quickly fell into escalating spiritual deception overall their activities,  with no testing of spirits and no discernment and no truth in God's Word any more.   Many visitors were subject to it, and many gave in to it, wittingly or not.   A few escaped.