• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Writing off the KJ is usually the tip of the iceberg, we see it in the new translations....

Some of those new translations are....

"The Revised Version (RV) or English Revised Version (ERV) of the Bible is a late 19th-century British revision of the King James Version ... In the United States, the Revised Version was adapted and revised as the 'Revised Version, Standard American Edition' (better known as the American Standard Version) in 1901. The American Standard Version is largely identical to the Revised Version of 1885, with minor variations in wording considered to be slightly more accurate...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Version

Also the New King James Version (NKJV), "Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely new, modern translation of Scripture, yet one that would retain the purity and stylistic beauty of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the translation applies the most recent research in archaeology, linguistics, and textual studies."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Aramaic 1852

14 And we entreat you, my brethren, that ye admonish the faulty, and encourage the faint-hearted, and bear the burdens of the weak, and be long suffering towards all men.

15 And beware, lest any of you return evil for evil, but always follow good deeds, towards one another, and towards all men.

16 And be joyful always.

17 And pray without ceasing.

18 And in every thing be thankful: For this is the pleasure of God in Jesus the Messiah, concerning you.

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesying.

21 Explore every thing, and hold fast the good:

22 and fly from every thing evil.

23 And may the God of peace sanctify you all, perfectly, and keep blameless your whole spirit, and your soul, and your body, till the coming of our Lord Jesus the Messiah

Edited by Justin Adams
ed
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Yes I read what you wrote. I really did not think my reply to this post was going to cause such an upset. :confused:

What upset?

Really I simply agreed with the Gator with what he said then I added a few lines of my own to say that the KJV may not be wrong. Just outdated in its wording of some things. Now here we are having this debate about something I am not even sure what. Over a post that took me less then 10 minutes to write. 

The question at hand is about avoiding the appearance of what is evil.  Should we live in a manner that does not give the world any evidence to accuse us of evil living? 

Is it possible that meanness, reactionary, argumentative, accusatory, confrontational...  Could this be seen as evil?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Should we live in a manner that does not give the world any evidence to accuse us of evil living? 

What manner of living would that be?  As nearly anything anyone does  can be look at as evil by someone.  

13 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Is it possible that meanness, reactionary, argumentative, accusatory, confrontational...  Could this be seen as evil?

Yeah it could. Which is why I need to try not to get so carried away about things. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Yeah it could. Which is why I need to try not to get so carried away about things. 

I admire your humility!

1 minute ago, Davida said:

It's funny there is often a strong correlation with those who hate KJV and those who reject Paul's writings.

I did not realize that. I hold both in extremely high esteem. What those scholars did to get that 1611 version out is truly amazing.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

It's funny there is often a strong correlation with those who hate KJV and those who reject Paul's writings.

Anyone who has read Paul's letter to the Romans in the KJV will come to appreciate that translation's subsequent revisions.

I am going to ignore these accusations of judgment against me being told I am ignoring scripture and all of that. That is not what this topic is about. It is about what is the right translation of the verse.  I for one would like to have an adult discussion on the topic without being judged and scrutinize from others about how well I follow scripture in my life. Now can we all do that? :soapbox:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1