• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

I need help. feel I'm under demonic attack.

I have the most horrific nightmares, I read scripture daily, listen to Christian Radio, I attend Church regularly and evangelise when appropriate. I have led someone to Christ, I am a dedicated christian living an upstanding life in Christ.

For a very long time I've had intermittent demonic attack and oppression. In 1989 (Before I was a Christian) I became involved with occult things after becoming friends with a woman that had interests in that area. She introduced me to paranormal things. she got me involved with spiritism, she claimed she could summon spirits and will people to do things, she even told me she had an intrinsic connection to me. I never had a physical relationship with her and the friendship we had was not that well formed, she was my hairdresser and not that much more.

I eventually stopped being friends with her. I resumed a normal life although it was very difficult to get rid of this person as she said she had made a "soul tie" or something to me. I encountered many strange things after knowing this woman, she proved to me she could do things. Coming from a scientifically grounded upbringing this very difficult to believe and trying to rationalise the irrational was in itself an issue. I thought I was going insane until she told me it was her "pushing thoughts", she told me word for word what I had been "hearing or thinking" like songs and sentences, thoughts that felt forced and intrusive.

I came to Christ twelve years ago. I have given my testimony to two Church congregations detailing my experiences with this woman and occult things and how Christ saved me.

Every so often I have times when I suffer these intrusive thoughts, disturbing visions and sometimes voices which are always to do with this woman. I have horrific nightmarrs and feelings of dread and foreboding.

My Church don't run or include any deliverance service, it's simply a case of ignore the demonic attacks and throw yourself in to the bible, this is the best thing to do but it doesn't always work.

depressing feelings and horrific images which are very vivid are not easy to forget and I can't control my dreams like I can bring my thoughts to the obedience of Christ.

I know what these attacks are and where they're from, I can't however stop it from happening. I have tried to get deliverance via Ellel Ministries, this had a temporary effect.

I pray, I have had prayer from friends and I've even been on a healing retreat. I know this is a battle and I fight it every day, somedays however are much, much harder than others. I really need full deliverance with this, it's getting increasingly difficult to deal with.
Edited by gideon65
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

You should go to the Welcome Forum and introduce yourself, Gideon.  After a few posts you will be able to discuss this problem with others.  Welcome to Worthy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praying for you!

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I have a friend that goes through this as well.   But she cannot confess Jesus as Lord  

I realize the occult is real.  But Christ in you is greater than he that is in the world.  Jesus defeated the temptation of satan with Scripture that is true and not twisted.  I suggest that you continue to do the same.  Fight the source of the lies and accusations and deceiving spirits, not the person.

1Jn 4:1  AMP  BELOVED, DO not put faith in every spirit, but prove (test) the spirits to discover whether they proceed from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

1Jn 4:2  By this you may know (perceive and recognize) the Spirit of God: every spirit which acknowledges and confesses [the fact] that Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [actually] has become man and has come in the flesh is of God [has God for its source];

1Jn 4:3  And every spirit which does not acknowledge and confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh [but would annul, destroy, sever, disunite Him] is not of God [does not proceed from Him]. This [nonconfession] is the [spirit] of the antichrist, [of] which you heard that it was coming, and now it is already in the world.

1Jn 4:4  Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world.

1Jn 4:5 NKJV  They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.

1Jn 4:6  We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Satan was defeated at the cross.  

Rev 12:10  AMP   Then I heard a strong (loud) voice in heaven, saying, Now it has come—the salvation and the power and the kingdom (the dominion, the reign) of our God, and the power (the sovereignty, the authority) of His Christ (the Messiah); for the accuser of our brethren, he who keeps bringing before our God charges against them day and night, has been cast out! [Job 1:9-11]

Rev 12:11  And they have overcome (conquered) him by means of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony, for they did not love and cling to life even when faced with death 

Ephesians.

Eph 6:10 AMP In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides].

Eph 6:11  Put on God's whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil.

Eph 6:12  For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.

Eph 6:13  Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place].

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Hi, welcome.

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

Realize that this woman no longer has any power over you.   You are covered by the blood of Christ, and Christ is stronger than any evil spirits.