John Robinson

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

I haven't seen nor approved of any Judaizers on the forum.   As the others so much like to say "REPORTED".

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I don't like anything about the rcc.

So, then,  WHO started Christmas ?

Remember, if it started rcc, it still is like rcc.  (a tree brings forth fruit after its own kind)

Or, if that is still okay how about doing this holiday?

Just 'adapt' it somehow, right ? :   "Make it" somehow, 'Christian' >>

Mawlid-al-Nabi (birthday of Mohammad) Islamic Nov. 20, 2018

her point is that you don't need to bring up the RCC in every thread.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

her point is that you don't need to bring up the RCC in every thread.

Notice this is a thread about something the rcc started.  Or is that too obvious ?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,664
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

13 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

THis is handled in another thread, (or maybe another website?) .

It has nothing to do with whether to celebrate pagan holidays or not, which not one of the Apostles ever condoned nor approved of.

Is this  even ever disputed? >>

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magazines/2004/november-december/is-christmas-christian

"Where Did Christmas Originate?

Did you know that there were Christmas celebrations in Rome long before there were any in Jerusalem? How could a holiday that most associate with Jesus Christ of Nazareth have its origins in Babylon and Egypt many centuries before His birth? And how could such a holiday come to be so widely accepted as Christian?

To help us understand, we can look at the word "Christmas" itself. It means "mass of Christ," and has its origins in the practices of the Roman Catholic Church."

You know, the problem is that all these kind of arguments have been seen before. I have never been to a Christian forum where these same arguments don't get made every single year. This is why many people laugh and joke about it because nothing you have said is new. So one has to ask if it really is worth going into it again if it simply has the same results:rolleyes:

If you don't like the word Christmas, i'm sure we could come up with a new word. But the fact is that the modern celebration on 25 December has absolutely nothing to do with either the pagan holidays or the RCC. It's apples and oranges. I have celebrated Christmas every year of my life and it is always a joyous occasion.  We come together as a family and celebrate the birth of Christ so do many others. There is no evidence that in any of this there is any pagan worship or even any connection to it. Just because things look similar does not mean they are the same. 

Furthermore, if you don't want to celebrate it that is fine. I will continue to go with the tradition of my family. I am not doing anything wrong in doing so.  :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

THis is handled in another thread, (or maybe another website?) .

It has nothing to do with whether to celebrate pagan holidays or not, which not one of the Apostles ever condoned nor approved of.

Is this  even ever disputed? >>

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magazines/2004/november-december/is-christmas-christian

"Where Did Christmas Originate?

Did you know that there were Christmas celebrations in Rome long before there were any in Jerusalem? How could a holiday that most associate with Jesus Christ of Nazareth have its origins in Babylon and Egypt many centuries before His birth? And how could such a holiday come to be so widely accepted as Christian?

To help us understand, we can look at the word "Christmas" itself. It means "mass of Christ," and has its origins in the practices of the Roman Catholic Church."

The Romanite mass is Blasphemy, that's why I call the mass as blasphemous, Romanites spit in Jesus' face and say your Atonement was not good enough!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, secretopossumcabal said:

Christmas is the only holiday i still care about as the very pessimistic, disillusioned, and depressed Opossum that I am. 

Bring out the Christmas folk songs and the cozy lights!

Plus, Perry Como and red sweater vests!

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

I don't like anything about the rcc.

So, then,  WHO started Christmas ?

Remember, if it started rcc, it still is like rcc.  (a tree brings forth fruit after its own kind)

Or, if that is still okay how about doing this holiday?

Just 'adapt' it somehow, right ? :   "Make it" somehow, 'Christian' >>

Mawlid-al-Nabi (birthday of Mohammad) Islamic Nov. 20, 2018

The RCC didn't invent Christmas.  And I've no idea what 'Mawlid' has to do with anything in this thread since no Christian observes that holiday. From rcg.org:

The True Origin of Christmas

By David C. Pack

Nearly all aspects of Christmas observance have their roots in Roman custom and religion. Consider the following admission from a large American newspaper (The Buffalo News, Nov. 22, 1984): “The earliest reference to Christmas being marked on Dec. 25 comes from the second century after Jesus' birth. It is considered likely the first Christmas celebrations were in reaction to the Roman Saturnalia, a harvest festival that marked the winter solstice—the return of the sun—and honored Saturn, the god of sowing. Saturnalia was a rowdy time, much opposed by the more austere leaders among the still-minority Christian sect. Christmas developed, one scholar says, as a means of replacing worship of the sun with worship of the Son. By 529 A.D., after Christianity had become the official state religion of the Roman Empire, Emperor Justinian made Christmas a civic holiday. The celebration of Christmas reached its peak—some would say its worst moments—in the medieval period when it became a time for conspicuous consumption and unequaled revelry.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Personal insults are a violation of the TOS, in case you didn't read them.

Agreed. Also UnChristian.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

3 hours ago, Robert William said:

Steve, please grow a spine and share some more, thanks. :)

Banned from topic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Other one ,   I aint ever even heard of a buffalo that don't butt every now and again.    Just careful on where it drops the chip bombs.  

I don't know if you've ever seen one get serious, but it is quite a sight....   we saw two big bulls get into a fight two years ago and it was really kind of frightening just to watch.   They are much stronger than cows.   grunting and throwing up dirt with their front feet and working around to get under the other and using their heads and shoulders completely lift each  other off the ground.....    2000 pounds kind of tossed up in the air...  luckily they were not really close.