Debp

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

After reading your post and then many of the replies I was hit with belief that what you experienced with these pastors and what many have replied to is what I believe is the “Apostasy” it is a falling away from God’s truth or Word. We are seeing it more and more as professing "Christian" Churches are turning away from God’s Word and Biblical Christian doctrine. As it grows, it is also a type of rebellion that indicates a revolt, a departure, an abandoning and a rejection of God’s truth (His Word the Bible), a position it once held. 

It is this apostasy (falling away) that will come before the "Day of the Lord." 1 John 2:18-19 “Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." 

This defection from the faith will occur and is occurring in the last days. It is this infidelity of those who profess to be Christian that are paving the way for the ultimate revolt against God and His truth. 

Hebrews 3:12-14 “See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.”

These are the signs of the Apostasy as Scripture warns us about and as we see happening today. It is a system of denials. This is not an exhaustive list but a sampling of truth revealing this falling away. 

Apostasy - the falling away by denying the truth.
      1.    Denial of God
             a.    2 Tim. 3:4-5

2.    Denial of Christ
            a.    1 Jn. 2:18-22
            b.    1 Jn. 4:3

3.    Denial of Christ’s return
            a.    2 Pt. 3:3-4

4.    Denial of the Faith
           a.    Jude 3
           b.    Matt. 24:10-11

5.   Denial of Sound Doctrine
           a.    2 Tim. 4:3-4

6.   Denial of Christianity Liberty
           a.    1 Tim. 4:1-5

7.  Denial of Christian Morals
           a.    2 Tim 3:1-8
           b.    Jude 18

8.    Denial of Authority
           a.    2 Pt. 2:10

Jesus warns us of the signs to come in the Olivet Discourse in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. In Revelation the Angel tells John to write to the 7 Churches – literal churches at the time, but are representative of “types” of Churches in the last days. Some of these Churches are holding to the faith others have become “apostate” and have fallen away as you experienced.  All these are precursors to Jesus’ return and will be evident more and more as this time draws closer. Keep the faith, remain pure and steadfast to the Word of God. Find a Church that is holding to God's Word as literal and true - I always read the Statements of Faith to determine if they are truly "Biblical" doctrinally sound Churches.  Grace and Peace to you dear sister!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Gentle Heart said:

After reading your post and then many of the replies I was hit with belief that what you experienced with these pastors and what many have replied to is what I believe is the “Apostasy” it is a falling away from God’s truth or Word. We are seeing it more and more as professing "Christian" Churches are turning away from God’s Word and Biblical Christian doctrine. As it grows, it is also a type of rebellion that indicates a revolt, a departure, an abandoning and a rejection of God’s truth (His Word the Bible), a position it once held. 

It is this apostasy (falling away) that will come before the "Day of the Lord." 1 John 2:18-19 “Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." 

This defection from the faith will occur and is occurring in the last days. It is this infidelity of those who profess to be Christian that are paving the way for the ultimate revolt against God and His truth. 

Hebrews 3:12-14 “See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.”

These are the signs of the Apostasy as Scripture warns us about and as we see happening today. It is a system of denials. This is not an exhaustive list but a sampling of truth revealing this falling away. 

Apostasy - the falling away by denying the truth.
      1.    Denial of God
             a.    2 Tim. 3:4-5

2.    Denial of Christ
            a.    1 Jn. 2:18-22
            b.    1 Jn. 4:3

3.    Denial of Christ’s return
            a.    2 Pt. 3:3-4

4.    Denial of the Faith
           a.    Jude 3
           b.    Matt. 24:10-11

5.   Denial of Sound Doctrine
           a.    2 Tim. 4:3-4

a.    1 Tim. 4:1-5

7.  Denial of Christian Morals
           a.    2 Tim 3:1-8
           b.    Jude 18

8.    Denial of Authority
           a.    2 Pt. 2:10

Jesus warns us of the signs to come in the Olivet Discourse in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. In Revelation the Angel tells John to write to the 7 Churches – literal churches at the time, but are representative of “types” of Churches in the last days. Some of these Churches are holding to the faith others have become “apostate” and have fallen away as you experienced.  All these are precursors to Jesus’ return and will be evident more and more as this time draws closer. Keep the faith, remain pure and steadfast to the Word of God. Find a Church that is holding to God's Word as literal and true - I always read the Statements of Faith to determine if they are truly "Biblical" doctrinally sound Churches.  Grace and Peace to you dear sister!

this is quite interesting  .   cause I see  a massive falling away under the idea of a false liberty.

any liberty that lets us free feel in sin . Aint liberty , its bondage to sin.   ITS true we have liberty, no doubt.   ONLY use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh.

you probably long well know this .  but most don't and they use liberty as an excuse to feel free in sin .  and we both know the servant of sin is not free.

Christ came to set us free from the power of sin.   I hope some still teach that .   

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

Sounds like many in ministry are hirelings that don't know the Shepherd and have no concern for the sheep. They have been educated in seminaries whose leaders have adopted their father's mantra, "Hath God said?" ..an age old doubting weapon used down through time. Liberal theology picked it up and runs with it appealing to the natural man and his finite reason all the while snickering at God's Word. 

This is absolutely true.   And it needs to get read one more time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Though there are, and will continue to be, a falling away, just remember one thing ... God's not Dead!  Keep your eyes on Him and not people.

• Thumbs Up 4

Though there are, and will continue to be, a falling away, just remember one thing ... God's not Dead!  Keep your eyes on Him and not people

man this was almost right on.    how bout the last part says God is not dead.  keep your eyes on him and warn the people.    cause if we truly love them we do all to correct

or encourage as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

that's my take on it.  It's not so much that churches are getting crazy.  It's been an ongoing process where some denominations are slowly being "educated" into a form of "Christianity" that doesn't need God.  Some Christians wash their hands of it and leave; others stick around to contend for the faith and refuse to give up.  I've been in both situations at various times in my life.  There are times you can make a difference; there are times you cannot.

I agree Grandalf, we can make a difference. When the scripturaly sound believers begin to leave their part of their local body, that church will suffer. The parts to each church body are fitly joined, by God. Those that are wise, and discerning, can/should confront false teachings as they try to enter into the flock, either of members, or the pastor. We should stand firm. We should all be watchmen on the wall, not leaving our post, if at all possible. I have only had one church home, thirty five plus years. I suppose I'm very fortunate, based upon what I see on this forum. To be/stay a member of a local body requires each one to submit their loyalty to our Lord, as a faithful member, committed to His flock. Not our personal feelings. Our fight is with principalities and powers, not fellow members. Why is it that the army of God that has fellow soldiers for Christ, that when they see another soldier stumble and fall, instead of reaching out to tend to his wounds, he gives a good kick while he's down. We should take heed, lest we fall. It is very important to stick together, forgiving one another, and helping one another. Staying in the word. And be a praying church, calling upon our Lord to keep the church safe from false doctrine. Toughen up, spiritually.  Drop the choir and start a twenty four hour vigil, a member praying each hour, calling the next one for his hour, and so on. Read about the great churches in the past, and their prayer warriors confronting the enemy. What kind of army will be victorious when all the veteran fighters are deserting? To live to themselves. Can't get to church, or health prevents church attendance? Adopt one to pray for. Tell them.  Ask for prayer needs. You can still be the part God intended for you. Maybe the most important part. The most effective warrior in His army is most effective, when they are on their knees.    Don't give up in defeat, and leave. Then satan wins. Fight the good fight. And pray without ceasing.......Jesus did
Luk_6:12  And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
Act_6:4  But we will give ourselves
continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
Act_12:5  Peter therefore was kept in prison: but
prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
Rom_12:12  Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation;
continuing instant in prayer;
Eph_6:18 
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Php_4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

1Pe_4:7  But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

21 hours ago, Debp said:

Just curious about the spiritual condition of churches in your area?

Hi Debp,

As to man`s organising people in public meetings, well they are all moving to the tune of the world system - inclusive, respect & tolerance (of all behaviours!) etc etc. However......Christ is building His called out ones and they are more and more having their eyes opened, coming together in 2`s & 3`s as Jesus said he`d be there, and generally learning to walk with the Lord in every day life, relating to others & not feeling the pressure to have to get people to a public meeting.

A time of challenge as to where our security & hope is. Do we believe that Christ is building and maturing His Body, a divine organism, or are we looking to man to organise us and make us feel we are part of something.....?

regards, Marilyn.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Debp,

As to man`s organising people in public meetings, well they are all moving to the tune of the world system - inclusive, respect & tolerance (of all behaviours!) etc etc. However......Christ is building His called out ones and they are more and more having their eyes opened, coming together in 2`s & 3`s as Jesus said he`d be there, and generally learning to walk with the Lord in every day life, relating to others & not feeling the pressure to have to get people to a public meeting.

A time of challenge as to where our security & hope is. Do we believe that Christ is building and maturing His Body, a divine organism, or are we looking to man to organise us and make us feel we are part of something.....?

regards, Marilyn.

Yes, I definitely believe in the body of Christ being worldwide, born again believers....not the church as we usually think of it.

After a few years after the liberal pastors,  I happened across a Korean "church" that was Bible believing (I live in Koreatown area).... mainly all nice young people in their early 20s.  However, I noticed the leadership seemed somewhat legalistic but I would overlook some things.

Whenever they finally got plans together for membership, I did not feel led to join...and the pastor accused me of sinning against God's Word because I wouldn't join them!  Then he said they wouldn't serve me communion because he didn't want me to drink judgment on myself!!

I have always taken communion reverently and have examined my heart before the Lord before doing so.    I told him this and said I'm part of the worldwide body of Christ.  But he said I would have to become a member in order to receive communion from them.   In a way I think this experience affected me more than the liberal pastors....because you don't expect to be treated like that by someone preaching the Bible. 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, Debp said:

Yes, I definitely believe in the body of Christ being worldwide, born again believers....not the church as we usually think of it.

After a few years after the liberal pastors,  I happened across a Korean "church" that was Bible believing (I live in Koreatown area).... mainly all nice young people in their early 20s.  However, I noticed the leadership seemed somewhat legalistic but I would overlook some things.

Whenever they finally got plans together for membership, I did not feel led to join...and the pastor accused me of sinning against God's Word because I wouldn't join them!  Then he said they wouldn't serve me communion because he didn't want me to drink judgment on myself!!

I have always taken communion reverently and have examined my heart before the Lord before doing so.    I told him this and said I'm part of the worldwide body of Christ.  But he said I would have to become a member in order to receive communion from them.   In a way I think this experience affected me more than the liberal pastors....because you don't expect to be treated like that by someone preaching the Bible. 

Hi Debp,

Ah yes, however they can be legalistic, and want control but think they are caring for you. Can you get together with another believer sometimes and do a study, share & pray? That is important as we all need to encourage each other & help each other along the journey.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

42 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Debp,

Ah yes, however they can be legalistic, and want control but think they are caring for you. Can you get together with another believer sometimes and do a study, share & pray? That is important as we all need to encourage each other & help each other along the journey.

Marilyn.

My Christian friends mainly live out of State so we sometimes  talk on the phone, etc.   I did go to Bible College in the early 1970s.  Also, I am caring for my 87 year old mother who is home bound but she is a Christian so we can talk, etc, about things.  I  help moderate at another forum so have a few good friends there.

The young Koreans were extremely nice...but I am 67 and they are in their 20s.  Also, I know the leadership at that church would not allow them to be with me since I am not going there now....went there for 3 years until I got ill in January.  (Doing much, much better health wise now!  Thank God!  Maybe God's way of getting me out of there?)

One of the young Koreans gals stopped attending that church and started a church in her house which she rented with other girls.  They rent in a poorer area so they can  invite their neighbors (mainly Hispanic) to attend church in their house.  The same young lady also ministered in the slums  of Brazil for about a year.   A very nice young lady...

P.S.  About the two liberal pastors (one gay and the other saying the Bible has been proven wrong), I did confront them about these things. 

Edited by Debp
Added P.S.