• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

When Christ said "It is finished"  He meant that He paid for our sin debt, yours and mine.  He finished His work on the cross.  He conquered death and took away it's sting.  I have not betrayed Jesus.   Satan asked Eve, "Did God really say that you will die if you ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?"  If you read the geneaology of Adam, Seth, it shows that sin entered and death.  "And then he died."  For the wages of sin is death. Show me the verse as I said before where it said that Jesus dying on the cross was the greatest tribulation, word for word..... back up what you claim with Scripture please, as I say again.

No. I will not. All the sin of the world is enough.

Is there anything greater, yes, or no?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

10 minutes ago, ScottA said:

No. I will not. All the sin of the world is enough.

Is there anything greater, yes, or no?

You won't because there is nothing in Scripture that says that.... believe what you will...... Jesus paid a very high price for my sins.... He didn't say it was the greatest tribulation but Jesus said, " Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13  When Jesus took our sins upon the cross, He was demonstrating HIS GREAT LOVE FOR US.  When we repent, give our life to Him, accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we are called his friends. 

Edited by ForHisGlory37
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

You won't because there is nothing in Scripture that says that.... believe what you will...... Jesus paid a very high price for my sins.... He didn't say it was the greatest tribulation but Jesus said, " Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13  When Jesus took our sins upon the cross, He was demonstrating HIS GREAT LOVE FOR US.  When we repent, give our life to Him, accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we are called his friends. 

Why then would you consider that the world will see greater tribulation than He? You are not making any sense, not using your head, nor can you tell me of something greater.

As for me quoting that Jesus has taken that very same "great tribulation" upon Himself - it should be self-evident. But if you cannot see it, it is not I who can open your eyes. Therefore, I challenge you to name anything greater - for there is nothing, and I know this, but you apparently do not. But you are not alone, so perhaps I will start a new topic and ask people to name what they think is greater.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

"Why then would you consider that the world will see greater tribulation than He? You are not making any sense, not using your head, nor can you tell me of something greater."

But He does son .... it is the Lord who will bring the 70th week of the tribulation period upon a world of unbelief [Revelation 6:12-17]

Why are you posting upon this forum?

2 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"Why then would you consider that the world will see greater tribulation than He? You are not making any sense, not using your head, nor can you tell me of something greater."

But He does son .... it is the Lord who will bring the 70th week of the tribulation period upon a world of unbelief [Revelation 6:12-17]

Why are you posting upon this forum?

Because the world and not even the children know which is greater: their own tribulation, or all tribulation placed upon Christ. 

Why do you ask?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, ScottA said:

Because the world and not even the children know which is greater: their own tribulation, or all tribulation placed upon Christ. 

Why do you ask?

Speaking of tribulation and mass persecution.

I ask any and all to take a peek at this interfaith all inclusive move.    Soon all who resist it will be seen as monsters of humantiy

to say being gay is a sin will be seen as a monster  , to say JESUS is the only way will be seen as hate and not love cause they all about WORLD peace and unity

that saying JESUS is the ONLY WAY , sure does divide all those OUT who disagree.

Scott.   We really do have a monster of a tribulation of real persecutions that will come against all the true lambs.

IT wont be that we are the first to be persecuted or killed  .   No, that has been happening since the beginning.

What makes this tribulation so ,  is the number of dead that will be in such a short time.    SO my advice is dig deep in Christ

and have no fear , do all to warn , remind , rebuke , encourage and point to Christ , His sayings AS life and as meat for the soul.  

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Speaking of tribulation and mass persecution.

I ask any and all to take a peek at this interfaith all inclusive move.    Soon all who resist it will be seen as monsters of humantiy

to say being gay is a sin will be seen as a monster  , to say JESUS is the only way will be seen as hate and not love cause they all about WORLD peace and unity

that saying JESUS is the ONLY WAY , sure does divide all those OUT who disagree.

Scott.   We really do have a monster of a tribulation of real persecutions that will come against all the true lambs.

IT wont be that we are the first to be persecuted or killed  .   No, that has been happening since the beginning.

What makes this tribulation so ,  is the number of dead that will be in such a short time.    SO my advice is dig deep in Christ

and have no fear , do all to warn , remind , rebuke , encourage and point to Christ , His sayings AS life and as meat for the soul.  

I don't deny that these things will get worse and worse, and yes, the warning should go out. But you speak of all the deaths - my point of saying that the great[est] tribulation came upon Christ and not the world, is because "all are in Christ", both "the dead" and "the living" - that makes His tribulation greater, because it is all put together.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, ScottA said:

I don't deny that these things will get worse and worse, and yes, the warning should go out. But you speak of all the deaths - my point of saying that the great[est] tribulation came upon Christ and not the world, is because "all are in Christ", both "the dead" and "the living" - that makes His tribulation greater, because it is all put together.

The major difference between our persecutions and our Lords.     And I pray all reading will let this set real deep in the heart.

JESUS IS of his own SELF RIGHTEOUS.  Ours is simple a gift.      So when our persecutions begin to increase , may we remember

that as we strive onward in Him resisting the evil,  remember  our righteousness was and is a gift, that as the world hated Him, it will us

and that all of us deserved far worse than what we receive.  we all of our own selves earned death .   JESUS on the other hand was always RIGHTEOUS

What he suffered Was contrary to what HE deserved.     We cant say the same.   We by our actions apart from Christ deserved far worse than the persecutoin

the world and man does against us ,  we actually earned far worse as in a lake of fire.   BUT JESUS WAS ALWAYS RIGHTEOUS.

He earned life, BUT NOT FOR HIM.   And he paid the price of all OUR SINS .   NOT HIS , he never sinned once.  

And not a one of us could have paid the price for the worlds sins,  not even for ours.   Just something to ponder and ponder n the days ahead

when persecutions start picking up against us.   OH ponder this too.    The JOY of knowing HIM in all times .    Be blessed and praise the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

On 25/01/2018 at 8:45 PM, missmuffet said:

I will not be on earth during the tribulation. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15: 50-54

Don't prepare for it then

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

On 1/24/2018 at 5:38 AM, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

No bunkers.

No food caches.

No guns.

No gold.

No Bitcoin.

7 TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR THE GREAT TRIBULATION

1.       Cleanse yourself of every defilement of body and spirit, as necessary.

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before Him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and He knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do what pleases Him. (1 John 3:19-22 ESV)

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 ESV)

2.       Put on the whole armor of God.

…Be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might…

Take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day,

and having done all, to stand firm.

Stand, therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth,

and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.

In all circumstances, take up the shield of faith,

with which you can extinguish the flaming darts of the evil one;

and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God… (Ephesians 6:10, 13, 14-17 ESV)

3.       Pray. (For yourself, and for your brothers and sisters in Christ.)

To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints…

(Ephesians 6:18 ESV)

“But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:36 ESV)/"Watch ye, therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man." (KJV)

4.       Trust in the Lord.

(Take Him at His word, prove it for yourself, and stand on it---as though your LIFE depends upon it.)

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is in the LORD.

He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream,

and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green,

and is not anxious in the year of drought,

for it does not cease to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7,8 ESV)

5.       Prepare your mind to suffer for Christ’s sake---and look forward to the joy and rest to follow!

…Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2 ESV)

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when His glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:12,13 ESV)

“Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy.” (John 16:20 ESV)

6.       Cast all your anxieties upon the Lord. (1 Peter 5:7)

When I am afraid, I put my trust in You. (Psalm 56:3 ESV)

When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul. (Psalm 94:19 ESV)

7.       Keep a loose hand on everything you have (your possessions, your loved ones, and your own life)---and prepare to lose it all for Jesus.

“Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.”

(Luke 17:33 ESV)

"Whoever loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me."  

(Matthew 10:37 ESV)

If anyone is to be taken captive, to captivity he goes; if anyone is to be slain with the sword, with the sword must he be slain.

Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints. (Revelation 13:10 ESV)

----

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,

Nor the heart of man imagined,

what God has prepared for those

who love Him.”

(1 Corinthians 2:9 ESV)

----

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro

throughout the whole earth,

to give strong support to those whose heart

is blameless toward Him.

(2 Chronicles 16:9 ESV)

Better yet, get born again, then believe God in Luke 21:36: watch and pray that you be found worthy to escape!