Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The Church Age is a name given between the 69th week and the 70th week.  It is the time when Jesus builds His church, until the fullness of the Gentiles, as spoken of in Romans 11:25

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Amen

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The Church Age is a name given between the 69th week and the 70th week.  It is the time when Jesus builds His church, until the fullness of the Gentiles, as spoken of in Romans 11:25

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

That's your definition based on how you think  the "church age" should be defined.

You base it on two assumptions:

1. There is a gap between week 69 and week 70
  2. The fullness of the Gentiles precedes week 70

I disagree with both of those but that's not the point.  The point is that scripture does not define a "church age".  Consequently, using that term causes confusion because its subject to one's private interpretation.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, Last Daze said:

That's your definition based on how you think  the "church age" should be defined.

You base it on two assumptions:

1. There is a gap between week 69 and week 70
  2. The fullness of the Gentiles precedes week 70

I disagree with both of those but that's not the point.  The point is that scripture does not define a "church age".  Consequently, using that term causes confusion because its subject to one's private interpretation.

It is a definition well accepted around the world about this age, not just me Brother, so no need to get personal. 

https://www.gotquestions.org/church-age.html

https://www.compellingtruth.org/church-age.html

There were 320,000,000 hits on the questions "What is the Church Age", if you care to research it yourself.  I just gave you the first two responses.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

"It is a definition well accepted around the world about this age, not just me Brother, so no need to get personal"

This is true .... 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

3 hours ago, Last Daze said:

It may seem strange to you but I prefer to use biblical terms.  It helps to keep people from just making stuff up.

The verses you quoted in no way support the idea of a "church age".  The word translated "dispensation" is a stewardship term.  In no sense of the word does it refer to a span of time.  Its like you didn't even try.

Care to try again?  Or can we just agree that "church age" isn't biblical.

How can it not be "biblical?"  We are IN IT.  Did it just go right over your head what happened on the day of Pentecost?  That started something that continues to this very day - It is an 'age" or a dispensation.  It matters little what we call it. It DOES matter if you ignore it.  It EXISTS: it is what we are living in today. 

Of course, I understand the Jews imagine they are still under the Old Covenant. Buddhists and Hindu's have no concept of it. Muslims deny it. Yet, when the Holy Spirit fell on the day of Pentecost, something dramatic began. And it is still ongoing today. Deny it and perhaps you will not be a part of it. 

If you have not overlooked Matthew 25, and the story of the ten virgins, you will note that God SHUT THE DOOR. What door? The doorway of entrance into the CHURCH, the body of Christ on earth. The age we are living in WILL END. But since you don't even know it exists, how can I expect you to know it will end? 

There is a NUMBER God is looking for, found at the 5th seal. And there is a NUMBER God is looking for, for the fulness of the Gentiles to come in. 

Rom. 11:25  I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

Perhaps you should learn what will happen when this full number and come in.

Edited by iamlamad

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, iamlamad said:

If you notice, it is not until verse 13 that "the end" is written. What comes before "the end" is the church age. 

By the way, in case you  have not noticed it, lawlessness is increasing NOW. And we are still in the church age. "The end" has not started.

Lawlessness will continue to increase, as it has from the very beginning, but a time is coming when lawlessness will be ruling openly.  Like when the man of lawlessness is ruling all the nations?  Right now we just see glimpses of it.  As for your reference to the church age, scripture only supports one occurrence of an age ending, and it is part of the Olivet discourse.  It is the last question the disciples asked Jesus, and He answered it.  Matthew 25.  Compare what takes place there, with the only place in scripture that tells us exactly when the age ends.

Matthew 13:37 He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

The age ends at the time of judgement, just as Jesus says it will.  If you disagree, then show scripture stating an age ends elsewhere.

7 hours ago, iamlamad said:

The two Greek words are similar but not the same word. Apostasia comes from aphistēmi. Both  are compound words with "apo" as the first Greek word.

They are derived from the same root word, the meaning doesn't change.  This is why when translated they arrive at the same word.

I am not in disagreement as to the usual use of this word. I just don't think Paul used this word in its usually meaning. Words can have different meanings. And in its context, a falling way does not fit the context as well as a departing as in the church. 

Wishful thinking, and rather comical.  Why would Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit use a word not in its usual meaning.  If Paul wanted to speak about the gathering he would have written harpazo, and it makes absolutely no sense in the context as a departing of the church.  Let me display this in plain fashion slightly paraphrased.

Concerning the Second Coming and the gathering (rapture), don't be spooked if someone tells you it already happened.  The Second Coming and the gathering (rapture) will not come, unless the departure of the church (rapture) and the man of lawlessness come first.

A rapture before a rapture, eh?  Yeah, that is not what Paul is saying, clearly.  No, what Paul is saying is that the Second Coming and the gathering (rapture) will not come, unless the falling away (departure from the faith) and the man of lawlessness come first.  And what else Paul is saying, is that the Second Coming and the gathering (rapture) are one event, and he defines that event as the Day of the Lord.

If you wish to disagree, show us all HOW the man of sin is revealed.

II Thessalonians 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders,

What leads up to this?

Revelation 12:7 Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8 but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

And what activity?

Revelation 9  And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit. 2 He opened the shaft of the bottomless pit, and from the shaft rose smoke like the smoke of a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened with the smoke from the shaft.

Now note that the fallen star is a HE, and this HE has been given a key to open the abyss.  

The fifth trumpet which begins the activity is the first WOE, as shown in scripture that the three woes are attached to the 5th, 6th, and 7th trumpets.

Revelation 8:13 Then I looked, and I heard an eagle crying with a loud voice as it flew directly overhead, “Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, at the blasts of the other trumpets that the three angels are about to blow!”

And from Revelation 12, when Satan is cast out of heaven by Michael and his angels.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”

And take note to the mention of the sea, because this is where separating scripture into chapters did a great disservice to understanding.  Look how chapter 12 ends, and where chapter 13 begins.

Revelation 12:17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

Revelation 13  And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. 2 And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority.

Show us what or who the restrainer is and HOW He or it is "taken out of the way."

The answer to who the restrainer is, I would say it is probably whomever gave him the key to open the abyss.  Ultimately, I would say the answer is Jesus, who holds the key to death and Hades.  However, it would appear based on scripture that Michael is the instrument being used to do so.  As shown in Revelation 12, it is Michael and his angels that eject him from heaven to earth.

So how is Michael taken out of the way?

Daniel 12  “At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book."

What the above passage tells us, is that Michael, once he has thrown the enemy out of heaven, has a new task.  He is tasked with protecting the Jewish remnant whose names are found in the book of life.  We see this being carried out in Revelation 12 also.

Revelation 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. 15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

So the answer to the question is God is restraining, until the proper time.

• Thumbs Up 1

How can it not be "biblical?"  We are IN IT.  Did it just go right over your head what happened on the day of Pentecost?  That started something that continues to this very day - It is an 'age" or a dispensation.  It matters little what we call it. It DOES matter if you ignore it.  It EXISTS: it is what we are living in today. 

Of course, I understand the Jews imagine they are still under the Old Covenant. Buddhists and Hindu's have no concept of it. Muslims deny it. Yet, when the Holy Spirit fell on the day of Pentecost, something dramatic began. And it is still ongoing today. Deny it and perhaps you will not be a part of it. 

If you have not overlooked Matthew 25, and the story of the ten virgins, you will note that God SHUT THE DOOR. What door? The doorway of entrance into the CHURCH, the body of Christ on earth. The age we are living in WILL END. But since you don't even know it exists, how can I expect you to know it will end? 

There is a NUMBER God is looking for, found at the 5th seal. And there is a NUMBER God is looking for, for the fulness of the Gentiles to come in. 

Rom. 11:25  I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

Perhaps you should learn what will happen when this full number and come in.

Nevermind.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

It is a definition well accepted around the world about this age, not just me Brother, so no need to get personal. 

https://www.gotquestions.org/church-age.html

https://www.compellingtruth.org/church-age.html

There were 320,000,000 hits on the questions "What is the Church Age", if you care to research it yourself.  I just gave you the first two responses.

That's not the point.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, wingnut- said:
16 hours ago, iamlamad said:

"The end" has not started.

Lawlessness will continue to increase, as it has from the very beginning, but a time is coming when lawlessness will be ruling openly. 

When the New Testament was first written,  it says "we are in the last hour".   "The end" had already started or they couldn't have been in the last hour.

As for lawlessness,  it ruled full blast through (and before) the dark ages, and is still ruling.  In Scripture it means getting distant from God's Instructions,  which all the society has done full force since the first century.