• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Eternal Call said:

Of course :)

thank you Dennis and nice to meet you.

Thank you, and nice to meet you also and welcome to Worthy!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, Eternal Call said:

Hello All, 

Being from a Catholic background, I used to believe in a lot of things I see in the Catholic church or "saints". 

I have been a long way since that time and have got rid of all the pagan rituals of that church. However, I still struggle with some issues:

1- The Stigmata: I am sure somebody here knows about Saint Francis of Assisi or Padre Pio of Pieterlcina. I am interested to know your take on this phenomenon. I don't see anything in the Holy Bible talking about this. However I am trying to make sense of it. I mean many people believe Francis of Assisi to be a true follower of Christ, yet there is this phenomenon in his life. How come this phenomenon is only happening in the Catholic Church? 

I know some would say it is all fake, but it seems unlikely to me looking at these persons. 

2- Miracles by dead Catholic "Saints": the other issue is miracles done by Catholic "saints". We see a lot of these saints' bodies still oozing blood and well preserved. There are a lot of stories about serious sicknesses and diseases being healed by visits to their tombs, or by appearances. Seems weird to me. There is saint called Saint Charbel from Lebanon that is becoming very popular for healing people from all over the world. He appears to them in their sleep and performs operations and such things. 

Now if these miracles happen, do you think that the devil can be responsible for healing people? 

Let me know what you think, it is time I move on from this.

God bless

REALLY?

Jesus Christ different have the same wounds?

I'd be interested in discussing just WHY you abandoned Jesus Christ {the RCC and Orthodox Churches are the ONLY places you can find Jesus in Person} So you must have pretty good reason for doing so.

Easter Blessings,

Patrick 

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 3/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, Eternal Call said:

Hello All, 

Being from a Catholic background, I used to believe in a lot of things I see in the Catholic church or "saints". 

I have been a long way since that time and have got rid of all the pagan rituals of that church. However, I still struggle with some issues:

1- The Stigmata: I am sure somebody here knows about Saint Francis of Assisi or Padre Pio of Pieterlcina. I am interested to know your take on this phenomenon. I don't see anything in the Holy Bible talking about this. However I am trying to make sense of it. I mean many people believe Francis of Assisi to be a true follower of Christ, yet there is this phenomenon in his life. How come this phenomenon is only happening in the Catholic Church? 

I know some would say it is all fake, but it seems unlikely to me looking at these persons. 

2- Miracles by dead Catholic "Saints": the other issue is miracles done by Catholic "saints". We see a lot of these saints' bodies still oozing blood and well preserved. There are a lot of stories about serious sicknesses and diseases being healed by visits to their tombs, or by appearances. Seems weird to me. There is saint called Saint Charbel from Lebanon that is becoming very popular for healing people from all over the world. He appears to them in their sleep and performs operations and such things. 

Now if these miracles happen, do you think that the devil can be responsible for healing people? 

God bless

1. Many Catholics support the Stigmata with this verse from St. Paul, “From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.” (Galatians 6:17). However, it is more likely Paul was saying he bore wounds of Christ because he was beaten like Jesus, “Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea.” (2 Corinthians 11:25). Paul uses lanaguage to describe Christian life like “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and [a]the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” (Galatians 2:20). Paul was not literally crucified like our Lord Jesus was literally crucified, He is describing a spiritual truth that we were crucified, our flesh and old nature was cry ified and died with Jesus when He bore our sins (1 Peter 2:24, 1 Peter 3:18) and we through faith in Jesus have died with Him according to the flesh and have been baptized in His blood and raised to new life in Him. 

2. The healings from dead saints is a counterfeit that Jesus foretold, “For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.” (Matthew 24:24). False mircales have one ingredient  in common they draw attention from Christ and direct attention to the dead saint, the living person, the object/relic, and the power (blood, anointing oil). Hence why it is written, “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God,” (Hebrews 12:2), “We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,” (2 Corinthians 10:5), and, “For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • This is Worthy 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

On 3/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, Eternal Call said:

Hello All, 

God bless

I think it is the grace of God calling you home.

In addition to these miracles and stigmata, I would suggest you research Eucharistic miracles.  In particular, look up Lanciano.  God Bless

Edited by Concretecamper

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Beloved in Christ,

Your post is from months ago, but if you read this and would like I would be willing to discuss your questions about Catholic saints, stigmata etc.

I can see you were sincerely and humbly asking questions and perhaps did not find what you needed. 

Respond to this post if you would like to discuss this topic further.

I will be very gentle and understanding. And I will let the Holy Spirit guide my responses.

Yours because of Him. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, Davida said:

These are false signs that lead away from the Lord Jesus Christ. .The RCC has  dabbled in false worship of idols, of statues , in contacting the dead  , necromancy, it's  mediumship  so this is what they have summoned-- phony demonic parlour tricks. The ungodly apparitions are there to  deceive,  they contradict the Bible scripture, they contradict Jesus.  Jesus warned us. 

Men today are planning a world government behind the scenes—a new world order. Discussions are well underway in certain corners of Europe toward this end. Various treaties are beginning to point the way. The pope is calling for what he called “a true world political authority,” and he added, “with real teeth

THAT is what ROME POINTS TOO .      And she will cause the world to worship the beast .     LOOK at it davida .     NOW keep on warning for all to come out of  ROME

and or anyone who desires unity with her .   

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, Davida said:

:emot-shakehead:

That ol smiley face says more words with just that expression .   

Guest shiloh357
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Eternal Call said:

Hello All, 

God bless

Even Satan can perform supernatural wonders.  

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And he deceived them by the means of those miracles . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Where do you get this from Scripture?