• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Read the Bible

[1 Corinthians 15:20-23; 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-9; 2 Thessalonians 2:1; Revelation 3:10; 4:4; 5:1-10; 7:9-17; 11:1; 13:6; 17:14; 19:1-10; 20:4 [those on thrones]    

Edited by Daniel 11:36
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

55 minutes ago, Goldie said:

All speculation, and individual interpretation of said scripture.

A good speed read and never checked one Scripture let alone the many dozens of Scriptures to get the whole picture.

49 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Read the Bible

[1 Corinthians 15:20-23; 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-9; 2 Thessalonians 2:1; Revelation 3:10; 4:4; 5:1-10; 7:9-17; 11:1; 13:6; 17:14; 19:1-10; 20:4 [those on thrones]    

He probably does not have one and if he does he surely doesn't read it. The catholic church banned owning and reading the Bible years ago. Even today, Catholics are faithful to the teachings of the church regardless of what Jesus taught or what is written in the Word.  My parents were Catholics and I never ever saw a Bible in our home. We often had a statue, and idol of Mary in the house and the neighbours would gather and kneel around it and say the rosary, over and over it went for hours, bowing kneeling scraping kissing it, made me sick watching this even as a child.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

46 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

A good speed read and never checked one Scripture let alone the many dozens of Scriptures to get the whole picture.

I have read the scripture. Your interpretation differs from mine.

1 minute ago, Goldie said:

I have read the scripture. Your interpretation differs from mine.

I did not interpret anything, I read the Scriptures and believe what they say. Nothing more.

43 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

He probably does not have one and if he does he surely doesn't read it. The catholic church banned owning and reading the Bible years ago. Even today, Catholics are faithful to the teachings of the church regardless of what Jesus taught or what is written in the Word.  My parents were Catholics and I never ever saw a Bible in our home. We often had a statue, and idol of Mary in the house and the neighbours would gather and kneel around it and say the rosary, over and over it went for hours, bowing kneeling scraping kissing it, made me sick watching this even as a child.

You judge, and judge incorrectly!

I have several Bibles. I do read them.

Catholic church has not banned anyone from reading the Bible. The Liturgy consists of Biblical readings, the mass is Biblical, the Divine Office is Biblical etc etc etc.

Shame you have been badly educated in Catholicism.

God bless you friend...

8 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I did not interpret anything, I read the Scriptures and believe what they say. Nothing more.

Interpret, view, opinion. Yours is different to mine. Simples!

12 minutes ago, Goldie said:

You judge, and judge incorrectly!

I have several Bibles. I do read them.

Catholic church has not banned anyone from reading the Bible. The Liturgy consists of Biblical readings, the mass is Biblical, the Divine Office is Biblical etc etc etc.

Shame you have been badly educated in Catholicism.

God bless you friend...

Goldi, ask God and the Holy Spirit to open your heart and mind to His Word.

Regarding the Mass, I as an X alter boy have learnt since leaving the church and studying God's Word that the CATHOLIC MASS PROVED INVALID BY THE SCRIPTURES.

The invalidity of the Mass is proved by its being continued. If any Mass could validly apply the infinite merits of Christ's sacrifice for men, Then one Mass would suffice for eternity, since His work is infinite. The fact that a priest offers Mass for the same people every day, including every Sunday proves that yesterdays and last Sunday's Mass were useless and invalid, for they accomplished no eternal Divine work.

Note especially Hebrews 10:12, "ONE sacrifice; 10:14, by ONE offering; 10:18, NO more offering for sin. Leviticus 6:30. "AND NO SIN OFFERING, whereof any of the blood is brought into the tabernacle of the congregation withal in the holy place, shall be eaten: IT SHALL BE BURNT IN THE FIRE."
If the Mass is an offering for sin, and according to THE CATHOLIC CATECHISM, Jesus offers Himself daily as a sin offering same as He did on the Cross, If this is the case, the sacrifice CANNOT BE EATEN. It can, as Jesus instructed us, be symbolically remembered, His flesh and blood
cannot, according to the above Scriptures, be literally eaten. Jesus Christ in His flesh and blood body now sits at His Fathers right hand and is not being eaten.
The life of all flesh is the blood just as Jesus is the life of all human beings who accept Him. When He says you must eat my flesh and drink my blood, and in doing so symbolicly in rememberance of Him we accept etenal life. Jesus called Himself the bread of God! "For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world" (John 6:33). "Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." (John 6:33-35).
Many of Jesus's deciples knowing God's aversion to drinking blood alone were perplexed by Jesus saying believers must drink His blood. They thought He meant they were to literally drink His blood, but this was not so and He explained this in John 6:63.

"Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (John 6:60-63). Many followers mumbled asking how one can literally eat Jesus's flesh and drink His blood. Jesus explained it clearly, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (John 6:63). Literal flesh profiteth nothing the words Jesus spoke were are spirit and THEY are life. We are to physically remember Him through eating literal bread and drinking literal wine and in doing so we are spiritually eating His Words and spiritually becoming one with Him.

Scripture proves the Lords supper is the outward rite in which believers eat broken bread, not flesh, and drink the fruit of the vine, not blood. to
COMMEMORATE the broken body and the shed blood of Jesus Christ until He comes again (READ, Matt. 26:26-30; Mark 14:17-25; Luke 22:14-20; 1 Cor. 11:20-30), there is not excuse for believing otherwise.
The "symbols," the "bread" and the "wine," will always remain just that, "literal bread and wine" regardless of who or what prayer is said over them. No man can change these elements into Jesus Christs real flesh and blood in any sense.

TRANSUBSTANCIATION AND ADORATION OF THE WAFER WAS DECLARED AND DECREED BY THE POPES. Transubstanciation was declared and decreed by Pope Innocent 111 in the year 1215 A.D. By this doctrin the priest pretends to perform a daily miracle
by changing a wafer into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive in the presence of the people during Mass. The Gospel condems such adsurdities. Holy Communion is simply a memorial of the sacrifice of Christ (Luke 22:19,, 20; John 6:35; 1 Cor:26).

The adoration of the wafer (HOST) was invented by Pope Honorius in 1220 A.D. The Catholic Church also made it obligatory to have communion at leats one per week, and even every day if possible.

If you read the Scriptures quoted you will clearly see nothing has been added. Ignatius' letter to the Smyrneans 105 a.d.- He mentions the eucharist in his letter. The word eucharist is not one time mentioned in the entire Bible? Also there is no letter to the Smyrneans in the Bible either that I can find? Many people of many religious persuasions wrote many letters over the years but unless they are in the Bible they are of no substance as far as supporting doctrin goes.

7 hours ago, Goldie said:

Interpret, view, opinion. Yours is different to mine. Simples!

Sadly yours differs from what is written.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 4/6/2018 at 4:53 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi n2thelight,

2 Sam. 7: 16 shows that God is establishing David`s rulership forever, and then Ez.17: 22 - 24 we see that God will make Israel the ruler over all the nations, (pictured as trees). Also in Rev. 21: 24 there are nations on the earth in the new earth and new heavens. God purposed that His nation, Israel to be the ruler over all the nations. Man was made for the earth and thus God will have people and rulership there.

Then we know that God also purposed that there will be rulership in other realms. The highest one (under God) is in the third heaven and that is where the Body of Christ is destined.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

That scripture reveals the two thrones -

- the throne of the Godhead - Father, Son and Holy Spirit,  (heaven of heavens - Deut. 10:14)

- then Christ`s own throne. His visible rulership in His glorified body in the third heaven.

While God rules over all He has purposed that His Son, in His glorified body be the visible ruler over every realm. And His seat of authority and power is in the third heaven. We, the Body of Christ will rule with Him there, (Rev. 3: 21 & Rev. 5: 9 & 10)

`You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for you were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and has made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign (epi - over) the earth.` (Rev. 5: 9 & 10)

There we see the 24 elders in the third heaven before the scroll is opened. They are representative of all the peoples of the Body of Christ - every tribe, tongue, people and nation. They are ruling and reigning with the Lord throughout the trib, millennium and on into the new heavens.

The third heaven rulership is the first rulership that will be set up before any lower realms are brought under Christ. No visible rulership has been given since Lucifer and his angels rebelled. The Lord is currently at the right hand of the Father waiting for Him to bring all His enemies to His feet, (Ps. 110: 2) and then he will take the authority and power given by His father to rule in the midst of His enemies. 

regards, Marilyn.

Where do you see Christ ruling from a 3rd Heaven?

Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

So in the above where does He rule from?

Chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation covers the first days of the Millennium, when Jesus Christ comes to earth to establish His kingdom. This chapter runs close to the prophecies of Ezekiel in the last eight (8) chapters of the book of Ezekiel. "Millennium" means "1,000 years". This period is basically a 1,000 years of teaching and learning.

The new earth and heaven does not happen until after the millennium

Revelation 21:1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."