IGNORED

President Trump

Blue1Sapphire

Guest shiloh357
Just now, one.opinion said:

Are you aware that by not divesting himself of his financial interests, that he is lining his wallet with every visit to his resorts and hotels? He may be giving up his salary, but he is making money hand over fist during his presidency. His "handing over the reigns" of his business interests to his children hardly mean that he is giving up profit.

Trump is not required by the Constitution or federal law to divest himself of his businesses.   Trump is not required to render himself penniless to become president.   Trump's business is a family business  and as such he is not required to take it away from his children in order to become president.    

There is nothing immoral or illegal about Trump making a profit while president from businesess that he owns.  He is not running those businesses and is not involved in them in anyway and is not using those businesses the same way Hillary Clinton was using her "foundation"  to further her political aspirations, which was on its face, illegal.  

A reminder - I am a registered republican. I did not vote for Trump, and I did not vote for Clinton. Out of the two, Trump might very well be the better choice. But it is just silly to suggest that he isn't in this for himself - his ego, and his wallet.

I really don't care about what motives you assign to him, as the evidence simply doesn't support what you say.

I think he does have a patriotic spirit, but he has always been about looking out for himself first, with others (including the country) as a distant second.

No, the evidence doesn't bear out the notion that he is only in this for himself and is not thinking of others.  That notion really doesn't wash given the kinds of policies he is enacting.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

That letter was not to a single "church" it was to all the churches in Cornith. The Cornith church was made up of many individual congregations with multiple ministers and multiple communities of believers.  It is wise for us today to also take the same advice Paul gave to that group of believers. 

The several congregations of Corinth constitute a "church."   That's why it was written to them all.    Paul's advice had nothing to do with our modern election system.   Again, you violating the basic context of the letter.

Yes, politicians are sinners just like everyone else, but President Trump shows no remorse even when he is caught in something as simple as a lie. I personally can not associate with or support such people who claim to belong to the Body of Christ yet blatantly ignore what it means to follow Christ. 

And other politicians who are corrupt and scandalous pretend to be Christians, and pander to the Christian vote and are having affairs with interns and engaged in immoral financial dealings,   So it is impossible to single out Donald Trump for special condemnation over what he has done in the past while you vote for other elected officials who are engaged in immoral behavior as well. 

But they are in the world. They do not represent the Body of Christ in any way. President Trump claims to belong to the Body of Christ, yet his actions contradict that of a believer.  When we associate ourselves with him or publicly support him, it appears to unbelievers that we condone those actions and damages our personal witness.   

If you have voted for members of Congress, you have already violated that principle.  They claim to belong to the church every bit of as much as Trump does.  And while Trump IS NOT living immorality, many of our elected officials are doing so right now and they feign an adherence to the Christian faith and they show up at churches on Sundays and stuff.  So, you really cannot be morally consistent on this.  

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

I assume you are talking about Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. I didn't vote for them either. 

No, I am talking about politicians elected to Congress

I have had to vote for democrats and independents in my local elections and for representatives in my state for that very reason. If there is no good choice I simply abstain. If someone I voted for breaks the law or gets caught up in a scandal afterwards, I stop supporting them. 

The problem is you are claiming Trump is not to be supported for what he HAS done.  Trump is not having affairs in the White House whereas many of these elected officials are involved in scandals now and we still vote for them. 

We know how fake they are, but pretend we don't know in order to salve our conscience for voting for them.  Knowing that they are all scandal-ridden doesn't stop us from electing them over and over again.

Sorry, but you are simply not morally consistent.

Guest shiloh357
18 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

I have been steadfast in my moral consistency since becoming a true believer. 

As long as you vote for any politician in DC that has or has had any kind of moral scandal and as long as you throw your support behind CATC, you are not morally consistent.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Davida said:

another  Msbn, cnn victim

This is a ridiculous and desperate argument. I don't need any news network to tell me that Trump is going to make huge amounts of money by hosting events at his own properties.

2 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

We see the outward appearance presented by biased media

Alternatively, we can directly look at what President Trump says and does. I don't need any type of news agency to tell me whether or not his words and deeds exemplify a person committed to Christ.

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Trump is not required by the Constitution or federal law to divest himself of his businesses.   Trump is not required to render himself penniless to become president.   Trump's business is a family business  and as such he is not required to take it away from his children in order to become president.  

I never said he was required to divest himself. But not doing so (and not releasing his income taxes) is a strong indication that his primary priority is the financial well-being of himself and his family. He is not legally required to do those things, but it sure looks shady when he didn't divest himself and won't release his income tax records.

1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

I have been steadfast in my moral consistency since becoming a true believer. Sadly it appears that it's a large portion of those belonging to the Evangelical community that are not being morally constant. Prior to Trump entering the picture a vast majority felt that moral values were important in a politician, where now only a small minority of 28% feel that way.  That one statistic says a lot about the state of the Church today, and it's sad. 

1364265414_evangelicalschange.jpg.8bcac72f66092e86f5d865e39cebbc75.jpg

There you go with those silly facts and data again... You know a good story "Trumps" actual facts and data!

Guest shiloh357
40 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I never said he was required to divest himself. But not doing so (and not releasing his income taxes) is a strong indication that his primary priority is the financial well-being of himself and his family. He is not legally required to do those things, but it sure looks shady when he didn't divest himself and won't release his income tax records.

There is nothing wrong with him making the financial well-being of his family and himself as a primary priority.   I would expect that he would love his family more than he wants to be president.   He can do both.   There is nothing shady going on and you don't have any evidence of it.

This is what you have to resort to when you can't really have a mature, informed discussion about his policies.   His policies are working so you have to troll his wealth and other stuff.   No other president has had to divest themselves of anything and they got rich while in office, too.  Obama was not wealthy at all when was a freshmen senator in Illinois and didn't even complete that term when he ran and became president and some how was worth over $12 million on a $400,000 a year salary (which is only $3. 2 million before taxes).   So, Trump increasing his wealth isn't a big deal, nor is it immoral.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

5 hours ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

We are told that the god of this world rules the kingdoms of this world. That is plain to see. The question remains, if we have a choice to vote, do we vote and if so, who do we vote for.

It would appear that the policies that Trump has enacted and wants to implement is good for America. Surely that in itself is worth a vote. It is not the solution as Christ is the only solution to this world. Yet we live in the world and so why not support those who want to make it a better place to live in, while we sojourn here.

I can't help but laugh when I see what he is doing is good for America. Look no one is disputing the economy is good, but I hate to tell you that is not all that matters. He is trashing our allies and you're living a pipe dream if you think, again I cannot stress this enough, an EX KGB AGENT, has anything but contempt for our country. He has also undermined our own intellegence community consistentently, even Republicans agree Russian meddled, that isn't just CNN or "fake news". His new deal with North Korea has 0 specifics (like most things with Trump) and no time table. The only thing good for America atm under his belt is the economy. But now political tensions are worse than ever. Money isn't everything, and Christians should know better. I mean Christian judges are fantastic,, don't get me wrong, BUT Christian's ignoring his character does not reflect well on us. You can't condemn hollywood for secularism when you're cool with someone as worldly as Trump. Trump is as Hollywood as Hollywood. You get that right? Stinks of hypocrisy fron a group that regularly (if justifiably) condemns certain lifestyles. Just saying be consistent, otherwise you only breed contempt and undermine yourself in the long run.

Edited by Mozart's Starling