• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

I call hotdogs rolled in flakey bisquit dough pigs in a blanket! They are good! 

I tend to eat lighter in winter too. Im paranoid Ill gain weight so I watch myself even more . 

Im a soup person too! Nothing better than homemade chicken noodle soup except clam chowder. Lol

Thanks for sharing some things you like to eat. 

If you want to try some squash recipes let me know and I will post some for you! 

yeah those are good too. we plan on having those next after we finish these baked beans with hotdogs in it so that way all the hotdogs from summer are used up.
i like clam chowder but i dont make it. i actually avoid food from the water unless we are eating out. You hear all kinds of stories of radiation from the ocean and poor conditions in farms. dont know what to believe, but God takes care of us. Catfish is super yum but that is a summer thing and i dont make that either haha. I figured once in a while couldn't hurt anyway. plus i suppose there are some really good things in fish that you dont get from other food.
I love chicken noodle soup but my husband not so much so we dont have it as often in the autumn/winter as i would like.

3 minutes ago, PurpleNight said:

yeah those are good too. we plan on having those next after we finish these baked beans with hotdogs in it so that way all the hotdogs from summer are used up.
i like clam chowder but i dont make it. i actually avoid food from the water unless we are eating out. You hear all kinds of stories of radiation from the ocean and poor conditions in farms. dont know what to believe, but God takes care of us. Catfish is super yum but that is a summer thing and i dont make that either haha. I figured once in a while couldn't hurt anyway. plus i suppose there are some really good things in fish that you dont get from other food.
I love chicken noodle soup but my husband not so much so we dont have it as often in the autumn/winter as i would like.

You get your omega 3s with salmon and good fats fatty fish. 

I dont buy seafood that is farmed. I try to get it caught wild  from alaskan waters .

I got this article for you. There is a list of not safe and also  safe seafood .

Https://naturalon.com/top-10-contaminated-fish-you-shouldnt-be-eating/16/

You have more choices than you realize. 

Bon Appetit!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Ive always added a lil ketchup to my chili ever since I can remember. It does add that lil needed something huh? 

You make cornbread too?

No, no cornbread.   Usually it's good with saltines.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, 1sheep said:

You ever had frito pie?

No, never heard of that.  Is it a Southern dish?

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Davida said:

Curried squash soup.  Peach cobbler,  apple pies, baked apples with lots of cinnamon,  served with ice cream or cheddar cheese on the side. :)

When I visited New England we enjoyed apple pie with cheddar cheese on the side.  And when I was in Canada, we had that and tea 4 pm.  I like that tradition. 

Guest shiloh357

Around here, comfort food looks a lot like superbowl party food.   We pile tortilla chips on a plate and pile some heated up "Lil Smokies" on top of the chips and then smother them with that nacho cheese dip you make  with Velveeta and Rotel.

Macaroni and (real) cheese with bacon, green onion and chives mixed in and baked in the oven  until it is golden brown on top is also a pretty good way to go. 

3 hours ago, Debp said:

No, never heard of that.  Is it a Southern dish?

It may be a sw dish. 

It consists of a bowl of chili and then add in fritos, chopped onions and cheddar cheese. Its not a healthy food but it is very good!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, 1sheep said:

I have some apples in the fridge that have been in there too long to be crisp probably. Could I make baked apples with them?

Sure can , but bake them along side of some very fresh ones and see if you want to bother doing that twice. Oh fill the core with a pat of butter and fill it with Vermont Maple Syrup then bake. Have ice cream or real whipped cream on them and serve both hot or, even better, refrigerated.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

28 minutes ago, Davida said:

Me too! Good aged cheddar was a staple in my family. I've read that cheese-making was brought to North America by the Germans -it -das schmeckt! - good?  Yah?? :)

JA meine Schwester das ist sehr gut .      Schwester Davida was typing some german .