• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, sermonindex said:

Ok thank you for a clarification on your beliefs and your comment.  

I would say we do not need to reverse the reformation but restore what we lost during it of the stronger connection to the historic church especially the first 400 years of christianity.  Christianity did not start in AD 1500 ?. I trust that makes sense?

At the end of our Christian church fathers in the 4th century with Constantine, the Roman persecution of Christian's ceased; and was replaced with a church-state system. From this point forward the Catholic Church became the power and started the traditions of man and corrupt practices. The common man was not permitted to own or read scripture on their own. It was read to them in Mass in Latin, which few understood. It was erroneously interpreted to the Mass according to what the RCC wanted them to believe (hence the dark ages). More atrocities, torture, true Christian martyr's, theft of property and possessions were done by the 'church' than any other time in recorded history.

So in effect, true Christianity and individual Bible study restarted again in the 16th century with the protester's (Protestant) reformation, and with the advent of the printing press in the 15th century. 

Just my view of history...

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

would you expand on this please?

The Bible is God - His chosen mouthpiece and manual for us to live by. It is how we learn of Him and about Him. His voice in our lives.

3 hours ago, sermonindex said:

brother,

I am an evangelical, protestant believer, I think you might have missed the main intention of the post itself.

I didn't miss the confusion which is the state of the church today. As far as retrieving what was lost since the reformation it is to late. Only Christ knows His bride and he will take her out. Denominational affiliation will not be of any matter. How ever many followings will die. Did any one watch the documentary of Jim Jones. I was dumb founded. But it was just another example of how easy we can by led by a smooth talking pied piper

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

17 hours ago, maryjayne said:

???????

All humans were, before this temporal flesh, still are, and Shall be again, and for all eternity ( except for one son of Perdition :( ) as proven by The Annointed One, First & Foremost the children of Get Over Death (GOD) ALMIGHTY, Just one of Our Father Love's many titles in the Hebrew language.

Secondly, we Should recognize that we are Isrealites of the worldwide scattered & intermingled 13 tribes of Isreal that have Always practised the Art of Christianity : )

We are Isrealites because we inform others through us ( if possible lol) that the true heritage of EVERYBODIES inner being, those born innocent of woman, and even those that are not, all came from the same place Originally, BEFORE this temporal flesh realm; From the Light, of course : )

Dont forget who it was that First called the Isrealites, Christians @ Antitoch,it was the Pegans, and its only been getting worse ever since : )

The Christ/ Messiah is Actual, Factual,Historical, Reality; Belief in Him ended when He arrived in the flesh to Affirm, Confirm anf Fufill Our Father Love's Words of old about His Annointed One as spoken & recorded in & through Our Fathers annointed ones; Moses & The Prophets.

Anyways, hopefully when someone asks you where you come from, you dont claim heritage to this temporal earth : ) But watch out for the butterfly nets : )

Look at modern day Israel where the family of Isreal was born in its infancy; Dont recall anywhere in the Bible where Our Father or His Annointed One changed the name of the land of Judeah/Praise to Israel????? Lol

The city of Peace/Jerusalum though in the Bible/Textbook is stated to be His favourite place in the Universe, not just the eath , and it Shall be Re- Stored in His time, not ours: ) though its seems Very nigh : )

The Figtree/ Final generation began in 1948 and until that significant event took place, no one could have rightly divded the Word timewise.

" Study, to shew thyseld approved" are the instructions for this spoiled generation; and help others, But dont fret too much if they dont get it; We still have The Lords Day of Reckoning & Teaching in the Spirit to help them : ) : (

Rock On in Temporal Reality : )

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

You are absolutely right Without Jesus and the Bible we have not hope. Get a good Study Bible, pray daily, and a good devotional or two. Church starts with us  and congregation second.  

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled.

I know you will surely agree with this .   Their is no church that IS CHURCH if its LOVE is not CENTERED ON TRUTH , CHRIST ,ABOVE EVERYTHING .

A love that would put anything before GOD ,  comes not FROM GOD but it is sensual , earthly and frankly its leading many in churches into total gross darkness .

a darkness which seems as light , a love that seems as love , a freedom that seems as freedom yet is bondage , is engrossing many right now and they know it not .

If we put relationships with person FIRST and omit truths for sake of unity or fellowship ,  I warn us that all who do so are under a spell.

And its a sensual one , the which grows like a mushroom .    I call it a mushroom ,   for how does a mushroom thrive

ITS KEPT IN THE DARK and fed lots of dung doctrine .    We got a war, MIKE , and its for the souls of men .   And the duty of us all ,  PUT CHRIST ABOVE and in FRONT OF EVERYTHING

and if we have that LOVE ,  then we do see how to love others and how to pull specks and how to correct and build up . 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 11/17/2018 at 7:47 PM, sermonindex said:

This identity crisis has been manifesting itself in very strong and even unnecessary divisions forming in the body of Christ.

The early churches of the Apostles were even more divided in their logic than we are today. The reality of the Universal Church is defined by our faith, hope and love in Jesus Christ and our love and respect for everyone else. Ultimately, no one person or group in this age can see the things of God clearly enough to force a draconian belief system upon everyone. Religious intolerance has historically led to cruel and brutal oppression's over mankind. 

"And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us." - 1 John 3:23

Edited by Scott Free

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

what do you mean by 'before this temporal flesh'?

Where do you come from? Earth in the flesh? Or The Univeral human society for all forms of abused life; cared for by children of pure concious awareness in the Spirit?  One is temporal, one is Eternal : )

Life grows & multiplies : ) it doesn't rot & consume, thats the death part : )

Rock On 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Whistleblower said:

Where do you come from? Earth in the flesh? Or The Univeral human society for all forms of abused life; cared for by children of pure concious awareness in the Spirit?  One is temporal, one is Eternal : )

Life grows & multiplies : ) it doesn't rot & consume, thats the death part : )

Rock On 

Please consider cutting back just a little on whatever it  is you are taking......

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Davida said:

I think the only Identity Crisis of the Evangelical community is the apostasy from the wolves in sheeps clothing within that are trying to reverse the Reformation and call for the Ecumenical rejoining the the harlot Rc church. 

I think what sister davida says here is a good thing .     I find it rather ODD that  a man like sermonindex who claims to be protestant , YET gets his info FROM a CATHOLIC WEBSITE .

MAKES NO SENSE .     go look at the other post he did sister .  Cobalt busted him .     WHY would a protestant get their INFO from a catholic website .

WOULD YOU DAVIDA .   WOULD you get your facts you treasure so from a catholic website .      EXACTLY . 

THIS unity thing is in more folks than we think .     Cobalt asked a real good question on that other post .     

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I think what sister davida says here is a good thing .     I find it rather ODD that  a man like sermonindex who claims to be protestant , YET gets his info FROM a CATHOLIC WEBSITE .

MAKES NO SENSE .     go look at the other post he did sister .  Cobalt busted him .     WHY would a protestant get their INFO from a catholic website .

WOULD YOU DAVIDA .   WOULD you get your facts you treasure so from a catholic website .      EXACTLY . 

THIS unity thing is in more folks than we think .     Cobalt asked a real good question on that other post .     

Removed from topic for getting personal.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Please consider cutting back just a little on whatever it  is you are taking......

Removed from topic for getting personal.