• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, turtletwo said:

@Not me I was looking at this post of yours again today and it stirred my heart. I have that yearning, too.

I think about what Jesus said in the Parable of the Talents (found in Matthew 25:14-30.) In verse 23,"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’"

It is plain Turtletwo, God has blessed you with Himself. May that one and one relationship you have with your Savior grow and abound in all things. That when all is said and done and it’s time for you to enter into Glory. You will have what your heart craves for, which is; 

“all of Him and nothing of you” 

(for it’s the purity of the product that’s important)

Blessings

Much love in Christ,  Not me

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, turtletwo said:

@Not me I was looking at this post of yours again today and it stirred my heart. I have that yearning, too.

I think about what Jesus said in the Parable of the Talents (found in Matthew 25:14-30.) In verse 23,"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’"

Me too, turtletwo...I touched Christ when I read his words. He who touches Christ touches Life. Blessings to you, sister.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, In Him said:

Me too, turtletwo...I touched Christ when I read his words. He who touches Christ touches Life. Blessings to you, sister.

That's right , sister who is dearly loved,   You throw those hands up and just praise the LORD .

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

56 minutes ago, In Him said:

He who touches Christ touches Life. 

Ooooch! 

“He that touches Christ touches life”

Very, very, true, and well said. Could only come from the recognition of the same.  

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

What's a 'life verse'?

A life verse is when the Lord spoke to me personally about a question I had or a situation in my life.

• Praise God! 1

Gospel

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is God!!!

After searching through many of the cults.

Guidance

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Jer 29:11

When taking my two daughter to Maui for Easter vacation and since we lived 5 hours away from the Los Angeles airport we spent the night before the flight in a hotel close to the airport, however I couldn't sleep, so I spent the night in prayer and reading my bible, He gave me this verse around 4:00 AM, ...it's a 5 hour flight to Maui, after 5 hours we were still over the ocean, however I sensed the airplane had been descending and sure enough were were about  2000 feet over the ocean, the plane had serious engine trouble and the captain told us we might have to ditch in the ocean, I laughed, people thought I was crazy, but I knew we were going to make it to Maui, ...and we did 2 1/2 hours later! 

Goal

...that you try earnestly to be quiet and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands,

And He has blessed the work of my hands, often times my boss will ask me to make furniture for him that he has seen in a magazine and I don't have the slightest idea how to do it, when it's time to start the Holy Spirit places the plans, the necessary jigs and the order to build it in my head, just like He did with Bezaleel. 

Glory to God, Great and Wonderful are His Ways!!!

• Loved it! 1

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That would be plural (verses) in my case. :)

Me too!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@JustPassingThrough Thanks for coming into my thread. I liked how you set up your life verse scriptures as Gospel, Guidance, Goal. :)

I also enjoyed the story about the airplane. People sometimes wonder 'what is faith.' I see it as trust...knowing our loving Father has it under control. In the face of hard trials it doesn't always look that way. I guess that's when we are told to "walk by faith not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7)

I was not familiar with who Bezaleel was in scripture, so I had to look it up. It is always interesting to learn something new. :thumbsup:

I searched online and found this. I thought I would post it for people like me, who were interested in finding out more about him.

Bezaleel [Bēzăl'eel]—under God’s shadow.

The chief architect of the Tabernacle to whom was assigned the design and execution of its works of art (Exod. 31:2; 35:30; 36:1, 2; 38:22).

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Glory to God, Great and Wonderful are His Ways!!!

:amen: Hope to see you more in the forums.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

What's a 'life verse'?

I find I spend most of my life here, if that is what you mean...

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 
(Psa 51:1-3)

@Yowm JustPassingThru described it well. But I would add that (to me), life verses are the scriptures you draw upon the most to get you through this journey we pilgrims are on. Sort of like a compass. :)

For example-with my Philippians 4:8 guidance verse...times when my wandering mind is roaming all over the field, I have to rope it in (like a calf lol) with the boundaries set forth in that verse.

I come across a situation I am not sure about. Then I have to hold it up against the scripture and check off the list one by one: 

Is this true, Is it honest, Is it just, Is it pure, Is it lovely, Is it of good report? Is there any virtue? Is there any praise?...If it passes all these, then I'm good to go. :)

Psalm 51:1-3  is definitely vital to a Christians life. Thanks for posting it.

Edited by turtletwo
spelling

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Rom 10:13....... “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved”

Notice it does not say “..... will be put  on probation “

• Praise God! 1