BostonBorn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

I noticed that abuse of young boys by priests seems to be a problem that the Catholic church owns. Protestants seem to err in the direction of heterosexual extramarital affairs. 

And yes, there is a lot of that. All of us, every day, prove that we need the blood of Christ.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

The CC created and continues to create its own pedophile problem by not allowing Priest's to get married.
If they change this NT denying doctrine,  1st Timothy 4:2,3...... then they can heal their huge sexual misconduct issue. 

But not until.

• This is Worthy 1

15 hours ago, pinacled said:

I noticed you are lacking in spiritual armor.

So, have you ever considered ignoring the prince of power of air so to speak?

If you've forgotten what damage is done to a limb if caught in a snare. 

"Be as gentle as dove and wise as...........?

Blessings Always

Did you mean to post that to me? I'm not following the relevance.

22 hours ago, Yowm said:

Do we charge others with  attacking when they simply point out the hypocrisy of a statement?

The Op complained about the attacks on the RC by the non RCs, all the while launching an attack himself.

I've noticed a common human trait (and yes, I see it in myself) of noticing and complaining about the sins of others while ignoring our own, at least publicly. I see the whole catholic priest / young boy thing as a risk revealed when you seek leaders willing to abide by the rules they have for those leaders. It's why I don't condemn homosexuals any more than heterosexuals that are sleeping around. My main beef with homosexuals from a cultural perspective is that they have pride in their sins. You don't see a "fornicator's Pride" parade or a "wife beater's pride" parade. 

As far as salvation is concerned, sin is sin. However, all sin affects you one way or another and you may pay the price. Cheating on your spouse is bad and will have consequences. Robbing a bank is bad and will have different consequences. And then there is rape, incest, alcoholism, gossip, gluttony, you name it. And yes, I do find it comical to see a hugely fat man, from the pulpit, condemn men that have an occasional beer. But I just see that guy as an overt example of what we all do if we are not careful.

And remember, God made us this way. Telling Adam to not eat of the fruit of the tree was like putting a Lion in the garden, tying a lamb to the tree and then telling the lion he could eat whatever he wanted, but don't touch the lamb. Lion's gonna do what lion's do. Same thing with man. So, in the words of Paul, "O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."

I don't know WHY God created us this way, but he did. So we struggle, every day - not for salvation, which we have through the blood of Christ - but to work diligently to please our father, knowing that he understands our struggle and is overflowing with mercy and compassion. I get the feeling he has something very big planned for us after we leave this earthly "tent". Otherwise, what's the point?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

And remember, God made us this way. Telling Adam to not eat of the fruit of the tree was like putting a Lion in the garden, tying a lamb to the tree and then telling the lion he could eat whatever he wanted, but don't touch the lamb. Lion's gonna do what lion's do. Same thing with man.

Hi Still Alive,

I don't agree, at all. There were so many trees they could have eaten of in the garden. Just one tree that was banned. You can't accuse God. Lions like to eat a lot, but why does man want to know so many things? I for one can be happy with the knowledge I have.

Especially in the context of child abuse this comment seems a bit disturbing. Are you saying every man or woman is prone to abuse children or anything of this sort? I am not. I would be very happy to have an adult woman as a partner.

Regards,

Thomas

18 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

ermm no, it isnt. I really isnt. We all face temptation everyday due to our nature. God require us to exercise self control and resist. The Lion, like Adam, had plenty of other sources of food.

I agree with both your post and the post you are responding to. I see them as related, but different.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

i had two sunday school teachers who i think lookng back are molesters. i probably shouldnt post details openly though.....

it is everywhere. 

Edited by preciouspearl
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I've noticed a common human trait (and yes, I see it in myself) of noticing and complaining about the sins of others while ignoring our own, at least publicly. I see the whole catholic priest / young boy thing as a risk revealed when you seek leaders willing to abide by the rules they have for those leaders. It's why I don't condemn homosexuals any more than heterosexuals that are sleeping around. My main beef with homosexuals from a cultural perspective is that they have pride in their sins. You don't see a "fornicator's Pride" parade or a "wife beater's pride" parade. 

As far as salvation is concerned, sin is sin. However, all sin affects you one way or another and you may pay the price. Cheating on your spouse is bad and will have consequences. Robbing a bank is bad and will have different consequences. And then there is rape, incest, alcoholism, gossip, gluttony, you name it. And yes, I do find it comical to see a hugely fat man, from the pulpit, condemn men that have an occasional beer. But I just see that guy as an overt example of what we all do if we are not careful.

And remember, God made us this way. Telling Adam to not eat of the fruit of the tree was like putting a Lion in the garden, tying a lamb to the tree and then telling the lion he could eat whatever he wanted, but don't touch the lamb. Lion's gonna do what lion's do. Same thing with man. So, in the words of Paul, "O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."

I don't know WHY God created us this way, but he did. So we struggle, every day - not for salvation, which we have through the blood of Christ - but to work diligently to please our father, knowing that he understands our struggle and is overflowing with mercy and compassion. I get the feeling he has something very big planned for us after we leave this earthly "tent". Otherwise, what's the point?

God wants trust.Had God created robots without the freedom to choose right from wrong, trust would have been impossible.God had to grant freedom. He valued this freedom so much that He was willing to risk sin- knowing full well that HE would have to be the one to pay the price for that sin.He did not have to.He did however. It was done to restore the broken relationship with the creation He so loved .We are to love Him because “ He loved us first”.It gives God pleasure to give US pleasure—— He does have something very big planned for us, His  children.Paul saw what was awaiting us.....he did not have the words to describe it.Hope to see you there!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

On 12/11/2018 at 3:21 PM, Uber Genius said:

This seems like a human problem,

Hi Uber Genius,

I think you're presenting a cheap excuse for child abuse. Just being human doesn't make you a child molester.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:21 PM, Uber Genius said:

not a Catholic problem per se

Agreed. But abuse, as I see it, is all about displaying power. The perpetrator wants the sentiment of being powerful at the expense of the rest, especially the victim.
The Catholic Church offers for pastors an enormous position of power:
Only he is entitled to shrive somebody, (#Boston Born please correct me if I'm wrong).
Only he is called the priest, as opposed to the rest of the members of that church. And only he is entitled to make use of the holy instruments during service.
The Pope himself is called "infallible" in certain circumstances and he is said to determine who is holy and who is not.
This, in my opinion, gives evidence to the fact that human authority is valued high in that church. Very high. Conferring excessive power to humans can foster child abuse, as this is all about power in my opinion.

I'm not saying that other churches don't make the same mistakes...
We shouldn't be finger pointing at them, I think. Nevertheless, a sound analysis of the situation may be done.

Regards,
Thomas

Edited by thomas t
added "is said to" to the text

1 hour ago, thomas t said:

Hi Uber Genius,

I think you're presenting a cheap excuse for child abuse. Just being human doesn't make you a child molester.

I believe that just being human makes you a potential child molester.