ask21771

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to go back and look at who is saying what, and God bless you all but I'm just not going to do that right now, lol- I think that someone up there said God looks upon the heart, like He did with David, and I truly believe that- we can go along following every rule to the absolute letter, and become incensed when every single thing isn't followed the way we believe it should be- I think of Paul (I think) stating that even though certain things weren't a sin to some people, for others who were observing them who had, as he put it, a 'tender conscience', they saw certain things as sin even though they weren't a sin, but since they believed it to be a sin, for them, it was. I think some of what's happening on this page is sort of like that, a little bit.

There is true freedom in Christ Jesus- not freedom to sin, never that- but, in my opinion, once we accept the gift of salvation that He offered us through His death on the cross for our sins, for we are sinners- and His resurrection, He knows our innermost heart in a way even we ourselves can never know- and this is what He looks upon. Thank you, Jesus :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,640
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

Be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the the renewing of your mind. - Paul

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Is there a gas leak in your neighborhood?

An insult? An exemplar of a pricked conscience. Certainly you can do better.

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I will not debate anybody that thinks Christmas trees are evil.Sorry.

Why not? What's the harm? Just an exchange of ideas. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I guess it's just me, but these days I find myself more wanting to find out what is going to happen next in bible prophecy, and what we should be looking for as opposed to arguing...semantics, I guess it would be? Dunno, would honestly have to look the word up, haha- My husband and I were watching a mini series on Henry VIII last night, and we were talking about how Cromwell, or maybe Thomas More ...or could have possibly EVEN been Bishop Gardner, boy he was a mean one, lol- Anyhoo....how they were torturing and putting to death those who would not agree that at Communion, the bread and wine were the actual. literal blood and body of Christ- the actual, real thing- as opposed to symbolism representing the body and blood of Christ. They actually tortured and put to death those who would not agree with them, we're talking about...well, gosh- it just seems almost breathtaking when you think about it- death and torture, because you believe one thing over the other, when the actual meaning of it is still the same thing?  Unbelievable.

I just won't get caught up in it, nosiree, huh uh- lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

Why not? What's the harm? Just an exchange of ideas. 

Some people believe that Elvis Presley shot Kennedy and then John Lennon had Elvis killed because of that heinous act..... I am serious.There would be no harm “ exchanging ideas” about this, but dont you find that you have better things to do? It’s kinda like that.

10 hours ago, Royff said:

That's cool, but at least explain what you mean, and if I'm wrong, aren't you supposed to help lead me to the light, if you are not here for that what are you here for. We are supposed to be soul winners for Christ. If you can explain to these so-called "earthers" why you believe what you believe, how are you going to pull "eathers' out of the pit of hell. If I'm wrong and headed for hell, is not not your responsible for trying to evangelize me, that is if you are obedient to the Lord who you claim bought you with His blood. Just as you are disobedient in the Christmas Tree issue, you are being disobedient when you disobey God when in His word it states "we must contend for the faith" or just let anyone who claim to be bought by the Blood of Christ bring in any kind of doctrine of devils in and destroy the flock. 

That's what it means to contend for the faith, so that the elders can warn the flock about devilish doctrines in their midst. What you just stated is the doctrine of the Church of Loadicea, the end-time church that the Lord said He would spew out of His mouth, because they are lukewarm, not caring much about which doctrines of devil are destroying the church; they are luke warm. They care nothing about the souls of the so-called earthers or see themselves too saved to be bothered by such foolishness. 

you are not saying the Christmas Tree is evil, just the part where God says its evil. 

Just as the Lord told the apostate Jewish rulers, 'your traditions makes the word of God of non-effect. 

Putting traditions above the word of God is truly the doctrine of the end-time church that the Lord said He will spew out of His mouth because they don't really care about what's being taught in the church, just don't step on their traditions. I would suggest you do a study of trees in scripture and the symbolism they represent.  

Over react much?

I don’t think your weird ideas about trees is a Salvation issue.Just weird. The only “ demonic” thing I would try to bring you or anyone else can be found in a song by Robert Lowry—-“Nothing But The Blood”.Or even better—-1Cor15:1-4

Belief is what saves.....unbelief is the trait ever6body in Hell will share.....their sins were paid in full at the Cross.....one must cash in on that Truth with faith to benefit from it.....unbelievers, those with no faith ,failed to cash in

Adam disobeyed God.For sure.He got saved just like us.He had faith in the Shed Blood Of an innocent One that God provided for him.God killed animals to provide Adam and Eve with clothing.The Blood Of these animals satisfied God because they pointed to the future sacrifice of His Son.That was the Gospel for Adam and he believed it.Faith in the Blood saved Adam..... nothing has changed.

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Some people believe that Elvis Presley shot Kennedy and then John Lennon had Elvis killed because of that heinous act..... I am serious.There would be no harm “ exchanging ideas” about this, but dont you find that you have better things to do? It’s kinda like that.

Some ideas are out there I agree. I have heard some of the same things; Nazi's on the moon, etc.

I don't think there are better things to do when it comes to growing in the Spirit, growing in truth, increasing understanding of the Lord and spiritual understanding. This is all a part of those things.

I have to agree with Royff on the fundamentals. Scripture does say those things. But where the real violation occurs is in having any god before the Most High. It's the heart in all cases and, what the mind conjures.

Personally I stay away from certain things if they are based on a lie. 

We have freedom. We are to be convinced in our own mind of the truth and we will bear the consequences. This is the bottom line, in my mind;

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 

3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does,

(either way, whether free or bond, we are not to judge the convictions of our kin in certain matters like days and food; and I would extend that to harmless activities such as music and books as well)

for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister a ? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,

‘every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ” b

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 

15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died.

(this is the fundamental call to proper behavior between us and our spiritual kin)

16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

So I agree with Royff on the basics, just not in the way he presents his case.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 12/27/2018 at 11:19 AM, Royff said:

You are right, it is a waist of time trying to prove that RCC is not the harlot when you can't even explain the evils that has and is taking place in that church of abomination. Whose name is on that throne; Peter and not Jesus, that alone prove its not the Church of Christ, but the church of St. Nick, their so-called Peter. 

Do they bow down before chalk statutes and pray to them? Yes, and you know this, explain to me where I can find in scripture where there's a queen in heaven and what throne does she occupy. How can she be the mother of God [and that's what they call her] when Jesus created her. The mother doesn't come after the child but before it. This is just a few of the blasphemous things taking place in the Babylonian Catholic Church of Rome. You are right in that you would be wasting your time trying to convince me that Satan is God and God is Satan. That's what the inverted cross that the priest places on the foreheads of the deceived Catholic. The inversion of truth and holiness.

But I would like to see or hear your argument and why you believe what you believe about this queen of heaven issue just for the record.