Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Posts need to be approved in political threads in the political forum, because they got so nasty. 

Everyone here gets a pat on the back for having this thread and being so polite. 4 pages now. Well done.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Everyone here gets a pat on the back for having this thread and being so polite. 4 pages now. Well done.

I'll pop in and change all of that. :24:

• Haha 3

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

17 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Posts need to be approved in political threads in the political forum, because they got so nasty. 

Oh, I didn't realize that.   I posted the topic here because I thought more people would see it.   Sorry!

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'll pop in and change all of that. :24:

Thanks LadyKay, I can always depend on you for a good laugh!   We all need laughter!

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The politics aside for a moment, perhaps the idea of information itself need be looked at.

I think I learned more from my 7th grade "Weekly Reader"back in 1950's in public school than I can learn from all the 24/7 cable tv "news and opinion " networks combined today. Yet each is secular stuff, never presented in context of our  salvation by Christ Jesus alone. 

Today there simply is too much time available that "needs" to be filled than there was half a century ago. And it has not improved the quality of information, nor the usefulness of it. Instead the "information presented has degenerated into becoming a forum that presents little more than public toilet stall wall ditties, and 240 character debates over the size of one's hands and other really pathetically silly stuff.

The so called leaders of the land have been reduced to sharing this stuff. This is definitely not an example that lifts up a populace, We will not be reading books about this the new "greatest generation". Maybe soon there will be no books, just public toilet stall walls and scribbles. Our leaders are degenerates, crude, rude, seeking the lowest of the low, none illuminate nor inspire even in the secular sense.

There are no Gettysburg Address messages coming, no "We will go to the moon in ten years" goals. Just; my group is going to pound your group with insults in order for me to retain my place in the Roman circus that is the US Senate and the US  House of "representatives" for my own personal gain.

This country  the USA and perhaps the world is at a deep low, maybe the lowest of the lows in a long time.  Maybe not yet so low as two cities of Biblical reference, then again maybe so. Yet there is hope today that is certain- Christ our Lord Lives!  We get to serve Him in all that we do. So even in the lament about the low point that is today  there is also greatest joy for the contrast is ever sharper.  This fallen creation is not to last. Our savior has secured us for much better things, so much better.

I do rejoice and I do now just turn the television off. It is the opiate of the masses after all just as Edward R Murrow declared in 1957. And it is the tool of distraction  used by the many minions of Satan  and the little anti-christs that are among us  today.

..."Turn Your radio on, listen to the master's radio, get in touch with God"...  Remember the time? I kinda missed it then  but am catching up now.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/26/2019 at 8:58 PM, Debp said:

Am going to watch to keep informed.   Voting Trump again.   Anyone else watching?    They have another debate tomorrow.

I didn't bother because I wouldn't vote for any of them anyway and Rush Limbaugh makes the big money discussing things like that.  I can find out what happened from him.  TRUMP 2020

• Loved it! 1

Actually the second debate which took place last night was much more interesting than the first one!   (I started to get sleepy on the first one.)   The second one included Biden, Bernie, Kamela Harris and seven others.   Yang was interesting....he wants to give everyone over 18, a thousand dollars a month!   Upward economics, I think it was called.   Kamela Harris scolded everyone when they were all talking at one time! :rofl:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

25 minutes ago, Debp said:

Actually the second debate which took place last night was much more interesting than the first one!   (I started to get sleepy on the first one.)   The second one included Biden, Bernie, Kamela Harris and seven others.   Yang was interesting....he wants to give everyone over 18, a thousand dollars a month!   Upward economics, I think it was called.   Kamela Harris scolded everyone when they were all talking at one time! :rofl:

did anyone ask him where he was going to  get that thousand dollars a month?

21 minutes ago, other one said:

did anyone ask him where he was going to  get that thousand dollars a month?

He said from a Value Added Tax.   He said no one would spend anywhere near $12,000 that he would give you on that tax.   I wonder if the VAT excludes food?   Probably so.   I think those VAT are mainly on luxury items.   Great Britain I think still has a VAT.

He said because in the future automation will take many jobs away, that was why he would give the $1,000 a month.   He also said he is neither "left" or "right."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

Sad to say,but most of that money in my area would go to booze and drugs.Every penny if it!Good intentions perhaps, but a bad idea , in my opinion.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Debp said:

He said from a Value Added Tax.   He said no one would spend anywhere near $12,000 that he would give you on that tax.   I wonder if the VAT excludes food?   Probably so.   I think those VAT are mainly on luxury items.   Great Britain I think still has a VAT.

He said because in the future automation will take many jobs away, that was why he would give the $1,000 a month.   He also said he is neither "left" or "right."

we have a bit over three hundred million people here.... 12,000 a year to everyone would cost over 3.6 trillion dollars a year.    I don't understand why people would not spend the $12,000.   I don't think I am grasping the whole concept.    I don't think a VAT tax would raise that kind of revenue without killing our economy.

The jobs that automation takes away creates jobs to maintain the automation....   people just have to do some training to maintain them.   I had a 38 year career at Xerox and I was going to training schools there my whole career....    even the last six months that I worked I took classes to keep up with the industry.   Actually I took classes in things to keep up just in case I needed to go back to work until we got all our finances set up.