• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

Ten years ago, I would have left this site within a few days of joining.

Me too brother.  Instead, now I just observe the forum to see if there is anyone I can (or will) help.  I don't get as involved as I used to, when I first joined, because it's just not worth it. 

It's not worth it because of the immaturity of many in the forum that seek to raise their theology above all others, whatever the cost.  Rather that thoughtful, reflective discussions, it mainly seems to be about "Who can I prove wrong today?" and "How can I change this post to be about OSAS?"

It's a shame because I have questions, so very many questions, but I wouldn't dare ask them in this forum because of what I observe. 

I observe closed-mindedness, thoughtlessness, effortlessness, tactlessness and pride.  Now, that's a generalisation, as there are some folk on here which I feel the Spirit of God within their words and ways.  Shame.  It has potential to be so much better, if only each member would understand the Lord Jesus' ways rather than scrap over Paul's writings continuously.

May Yahweh bless you @GandalfTheWise.  Your efforts and conduct serve as a great example to others. 

May Yahweh bring more to the forum who seek love, peace and unity.  Those who want to learn and share the wisdom of the Word, rather than bombard posts with the endless copying-and-pasting of it.      

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/1/2019 at 11:54 PM, turtletwo said:

A sister of mine (a new member, too) was hurt recently by what she considered an insulting remark. I'm not sure of the specifics but it inspired me to write this thread. My purpose is to address the subject in general. I am not pointing fingers or naming names. I only know that Nedrah's thread put it on my heart to speak on this topic. There is room for improvement in each one of us  for a little more sensitivity and a LOT more kindness. 

Speaking (posting) hastily can have harmful consequences. James 1:19 says,"Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry." Sadly, much of the time 'Quick Draw McGraw' tongue stuff is swept under the rug (made light of and justified by those doing it)... But scripture tells us we will give an account for every word spoken.

Jesus says "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Let's be honest before our so- called 'helpful' advice and 'words of wisdom' come spewing forth. When posting in the heat of emotion...stop and really think it through first. Ask yourself do YOU want to be treated in the same careless manner you are behaving/speaking towards others. Pray to the Lord for clear cut guidance before pushing that 'submit reply' button.

James 3 shows us the dangers of an unruly tongue (not yielded to Christ's Lordship.) Too many are freely posting reprimands and unnecessary mini- sermons. Let's keep it real and examine ourselves with this. Criticism can come in the guise of 'helping' when it is nothing more than 'making points' and wanting to prove we are right. Then it is often defended as being 'exhortation.' 

But God who is omniscient looks upon the heart. He knows the TRUE motives for doing it. Sadly, it can be fleshly...giving a 'rush' or a 'power trip' to the one thoughtlessly speaking/posting. Extreme indulgences in this will amount to a form of cyber-bullying. This ought not to be...especially among Christians. The world is watching as to how we represent the Christ we say we love.

Thanks for reading this. It is a subject that is close to my heart.:emot-heartbeat:
With that said, here's my group hug for my much loved Worthy family.

:group-hug:

Put your armour on sister? and praise the Lord. We are in a battle for men's souls and the enemy shoots flaming arrows. But we will stand because the Lord our God, is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and is faithful and true and makes us able to stand.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Praise God! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

1 hour ago, naominash said:

I wasn't offended. 

It is so nice that you pray and care about me!

@naominash :amen:We sure do, sister. Yep. @Amanda Frances has a way of God giving her just the right scriptures to bring to the situation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, simplejeff said:

That changed over the years apparently, by mods posts a few years ago,  to where several years later we were told we were to "learn" from the unbeliever's posts,  from the heretic's posts and heresies,  from the pagan's posts,   "how to respond" instead of restricting them or banning them.   Sometimes it was not/is not/  the unbeliever's posts that are the most troubling,  but the supposedly 'good' religious ideas/ ideas/ teachings that were not /are not/ biblical but fleshly or worldly outside of Jesus....   in any case,  all such posts and topics are permitted, at least for some time,  and can be repeated as often as can be in as many threads and posts ad lib,  though not at the same time (according to anti-spam rules)......

Last winter, just before a handful of very active posters who were causing many problems were banned, there was a thread basically reiterating the Worthy Experiment as being a site where Christians of all backgrounds could come together to be united in Christ and minister to each other and those who came to the site.  The old Moravian motto "In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things love" was reiterated as being a goal for the site.  It was clear that there was general agreement that the way we express ourselves and behave toward others is every bit as important as being doctrinally correct.  

This description of WCF as being committed to propagation of each and every odd idea anyone wanted to post seemed to be a general opinion of those banned.  They seemed to be frustrated that each and every thing they disagreed with was not immediately deleted and banned and took it upon themselves to protect WCF from the hordes of pagans and heretics they saw.  This description of WCF as being open for anyone and everyone to say whatever they wanted sounds like how the banned posters would criticize the admins and mods and misrepresent what they were saying.  I never heard anything like that in what I was reading in posts from admins and mods.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

I think all of us would benefit if we all took this to heart too:

“Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

There are a few of us so good a splinter picking  they aught to have a cubic mile of feedstock for a paper mill.   We'd be better off in the logging business.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, simplejeff said:

This is not (or was not) a site for healing those (or any) people, nor for saving someone.   Unless this also changed,  it was not meant to be such a site.   The last I saw explained, a few years ago,   this was a site to encourage unbelievers to come join the forum,  to post their pagan ideas,  so the believers could learn how to reply to them.     Maybe this did change in the last couple years, I don't know...

This site, as I understand it, is not necessarily so carved in stone to make rigid pronouncements like these. It is a site that belongs to God Himself, and we all should treat it as such. Sometimes, a very offensive unbeliever may come here. That person may grievously break our terms of service, and earn an immediate ejection from the forums.

I personally, have offended God in my life on far too many occasions. God has every right to send me to Hell justly. However, for reasons of His own, I believe He decided to save me from the wrath I deserve, and offer me His love instead.

My hope as both an administrator on these forums, and as an a sinner saved by the grace of God, is to try to be patient with both rebellious unbelievers, and Christians who are failing to act as lovingly and maturely as their calling suggests.

Acting too rigidly to purposes and rules, leaves little room to be flexible and to adapt to what God's purpose may be in any given situation that might occur here. It may not always work to be predictable here, sometimes we need to open to the Spirit, in order to discern what the will of God is. It is possible then, that any given action that any of us sees here, might seem to be out of line with the will of God. However, we do not see how it is, that God works all things together for good for those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose. God foreknows people, and predestines them, and we do not always see who those people are, or how He is going to work things out.

So, I do not want to act rigidly and hastily against bad behavior, because I do not know what God's reasons might be or intentions are for people He has brought here. I choose to offer some patience and some grace, as He has given me, in the hope that we can be part of His plan in their lives.

There is also, of course, the problem of having no rules or discipline, that leads to chaos. I believe it is part of my responsibility, to try to maintain some order and civility, encourage love and patience and understanding here. We are all in different places in our walk with the Lord, and we all are gifted differently, and we all have a different sense of what we believe that the Lord would have us do.

With all of this in mind, all of us, whether part of the ministry team not, will fall into one of two categories. The first category, consist of those who never make mistakes, because they have perfect understanding, and pure hearts. The second category consists of the rest of us!

• Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

5 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

With all of this in mind, all of us, whether part of the ministry team not, will fall into one of two categories. The first category, consist of those who never make mistakes, because they have perfect understanding, and pure hearts. The second category consists of the rest of us!

:mgdetective:

Amen~!

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 2