• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,030
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,382
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I knew a guy who in the early 90s, was convinced the tribulation would be around the turn of the century. After he did his research he chose Medford Oregon and moved there, based on not only freedom from natural disasters, not too harsh a climate, lack of military significance, low chance of experiencing fallout, relatively low population (less competition for survival), ability to hunt and fish, and gather plants for food, etc. He even wrote a book called "Christians will go through the tribulation: And how to prepare for it."

Wow, that's interesting.   At another forum, we had a guy who followed Harold Camping.   No matter how much we said about Jesus saying no one knows when the end would be, he kept insisting Camping was right.   Finally I said, well, let's just wait for May to come and see who is right!   May came and went....that forum member never did come back.   Actually sad he was deceived by Camping....

Our news is always telling us to stock up on food and water in case of the Big One.   I can barely keep groceries in for the week!   But on Monday I did buy two packs of water bottles.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

In Pahrump, Nevada; 181 miles from the Ridgecrest quake.  There was a man working underneath his Vehical, when the second quake hit. The vehicle got rocked off the jack stands and fell on him. Sadly, he passed away.

• Praying! 3

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/10/2019 at 5:14 AM, Debp said:

Wow, that's interesting.   At another forum, we had a guy who followed Harold Camping.   No matter how much we said about Jesus saying no one knows when the end would be, he kept insisting Camping was right.   Finally I said, well, let's just wait for May to come and see who is right!   May came and went....that forum member never did come back.   Actually sad he was deceived by Camping....

Our news is always telling us to stock up on food and water in case of the Big One.   I can barely keep groceries in for the week!   But on Monday I did buy two packs of water bottles.   

Dont forget the “ kibbles and bits” for the cat!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Dont forget the “ kibbles and bits” for the cat!

I do have a big bag of cat food...as long as the aquarium doesn't land on it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

We keep at least a month of food and water available...     With that 5.6 that we had a while back and the tornados and ice storms here in Oklahoma it is just something that should be done.

• Loved it! 1

7 minutes ago, other one said:

We keep at least a month of food and water available...     With that 5.6 that we had a while back and the tornados and ice storms here in Oklahoma it is just something that should be done.

I take the taxi to the market now and usually once my cart gets full that's all I can handle.   But I should try to get a few extra things for the cupboard that don't need cooking.   But I sometimes say to my mom if it's ever such a big quake that disrupts the water and power, that the building might be collapsed as well.   Or things might collapse on the food and water.

I don't worry about it but they are extremely frightening when it is a thrust type quake or the epicenter is nearby, like in 1994.   Then I was saying we are leaving this State!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

20 minutes ago, Debp said:

I take the taxi to the market now and usually once my cart gets full that's all I can handle.   But I should try to get a few extra things for the cupboard that don't need cooking.   But I sometimes say to my mom if it's ever such a big quake that disrupts the water and power, that the building might be collapsed as well.   Or things might collapse on the food and water.

I don't worry about it but they are extremely frightening when it is a thrust type quake or the epicenter is nearby, like in 1994.   Then I was saying we are leaving this State!

I keep part of it in the house and part of it in our cellar.   If the house should go my water supply would go with it, but there is a river about a mile from the house we could get water from.  would take a bit of work to make it safe to drink, but we'd have time on our hands probably anyway.

Yesterday Seattle had a 4.6 earthquake, and Ridgecrest, CA had a 4.9 aftershock.    Hope we won't get more up and down the West coast.   Do we have anyone from the Seattle area here?

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,607
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Debp said:

Yesterday Seattle had a 4.6 earthquake, and Ridgecrest, CA had a 4.9 aftershock.    Hope we won't get more up and down the West coast.   Do we have anyone from the Seattle area here?

I lived in Oregon a few years back and the earthquake center was looking for the overdue activity that seems to happen every 150 years or so (records are a bit sketchy). They expect tsunami activity up and down the coast and there are County signs to indicate this possibility. Apparently there is a 'big one' due any year now.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

@missmuffet lives in the Pacific north west, but I'm not sure how far up there on the western seaboard she is. 

• Thumbs Up 1