missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet. Alaska is having a heat wave :blink: This is very rare for Alaska.Is there anyone on the WB from Alaska? It has been 90 degrees there. That is hot for them. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet. Alaska is having a heat wave :blink: This is very rare for Alaska.Is there anyone on the WB from Alaska? It has been 90 degrees there. That is hot for them. 

That's not right. Not right all all. :mellow:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,623
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/Wx/current.html 

click on the dots for different locales within Alaska

??? Maybe someone confused humidity and temperature numbers?

WASHINGTON POSTS WRITES THAT ITHAS BEEN HOT  RECORD TEMPERATURES. sorry about the all caps, just clearing my throat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/07/03/giant-heat-dome-over-alaska-is-set-threaten-all-time-temperature-records/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fa15098bd9a2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Hottest temperature ever recorded in alaska ...

June 27, 1915 --- 100 degrees

It has happened before that temps have hit the 90s.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48890556 

Alaska heatwave: Anchorage hits record temperature
6 July 2019

Media captionMatt McGrath explains why we should care about climate change
The US state of Alaska, part of which lies inside the Arctic Circle, is sweltering under a heatwave, with record temperatures recorded in several areas, including its largest city.

Temperatures reached 90F (32C) in Anchorage on Thursday, shattering the city's previous record of 85F.

Several other places in southern Alaska also set all-time or daily records.

Experts say the unusual weather has been caused by a "heat dome" over the southern part of the state.

The high pressure system is expected to move north next week.

Anchorage's record temperature of 90F was recorded at its airport at 17:00 on Thursday (01:00 Friday GMT), according to the National Weather Service. The previous all-time record for the city was in 1969.

Other areas in Alaska also reached similar temperatures amid the heatwave, and several recorded daily and all-time records.

The state-wide record was set in Fort Yukon in 1915 when the temperature reached 100F.

With the latest round of high temperatures set to continue in the state over the coming days, the National Weather Service urged people to stay hydrated, seek out shade and wear lightweight clothing.

Shawn King, a native of Anchorage, said he had never seen a stretch of similar hot weather.

His young daughter Tessa had insisted going barefoot when he offered to go fishing. "It's too hot for shoes," she said.

The dramatic warming Alaska has experienced in recent years is linked partly to a decline in sea ice and Arctic Ocean warming.

This has wreaked havoc on local communities, wildlife and the state's economy.

Climate change played a role in the deaths of thousands of puffins in Alaska, scientists said in May.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

it isn't that uncommon for Alaska temperatures to be as hot as or hotter than Oklahoma.....

This is not due to global warming, it's just normal cycles.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Normal cycles may include global warming and global cooling I suppose with each changing the environment we have to live within. While I do dislike and even hate the mongers of fear that use  climate for their personal money making schemes, I also think it is awful to have polluted waterways, and choking cities filled with ozone and miles and miles of asphalt scars instead of wonderful cypress trees and huge water swamps, lakes, rivers, and vast free areas as animal roaming refuges.

I cannot deny that where I live as well as  where I have lived, from Hew England to California to Florida are very different today than they each where twenty thirty  fifty and even seventy years ago.

Man in charge of the animals has not done a great job to date. Hoping that Jesus is coming soon therefore we need do nothing is not a good environmntal plan despite the best sales job to that effect by one James G. Watt Secretary of the Interior under president Ronald Reagan in the early 1980's. That character was a shame to Christians, made us seem to be fools, and perhaps, perhaps some of us were.

I do like clean waterways. I do like a clean Charles River leading into the port of Boston. I do like many of the results of the climatologists efforts despite my disliking the idea that they exaggerate and even will lie deliberately for political purposes and personal profit rather that for the sake of our environment.

Yes the world is unstable, and it is perhaps due to a lot of poor decision making by man and his governments.  I'm guessing that our first resource  to fail will be water. There will not be enough to spread about to keep us hydrated, living creatures will suffer thirst, even before hunger that way we pollute our waters and reduce that with is useable by us.

May God guide each of us, may each of us become willing to sacrifice a bit and maybe a lot toward the effort of improving on the way we live, consume, and waste of resources today, including even me!

14 minutes ago, other one said:

I read today that the progressives are blaming the earthquakes on global warming...…    but it's more likely our founding fathers rolling around in their graves...

Funny one!

Well except and unless if one happens to have been around parts of Texas before fracking there, and the upheaval of the land from the construction of highways from Mexico  intended to cut through to Canada, vast scars on  the land with elimination of trees and grasses, plus the upturning of species of molds and toxins not released before with the onset of previously unknown flesh eating bacteria that eats upon humans.