• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, ayin jade said:

Actually there is a disadvantage to tats that can be harmful to ones health. (I am not saying someone is in sin if they have or get any tattoos though.) Certain colors in tattoos make it quite difficult to get an mri. Red especially. So if you end up needing an mri and you have a tattoo ... you are in some difficulty.

Wow, I didn’t know that. I’m glad my daughter does not have red in her tats. (I’m tat-less)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

16 minutes ago, Spock said:

I don’t mind some 40% polyester in my shirts so I don’t have to iron them. As you know, 100% cotton means WRINKLES GALORE!  Ugh!  After all, I have to look good out on the golf course...?

It is 110 today. I would melt in synthetic. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

I would think that verse 7 gives the reason and has nothing to do with temple prostitutes.   

Anyway, I hope my response is within the topic and if not I will move on if anyone objects to my reasoning in referencing head coverings and women dress when in church.

I agree....head covering does seem off topic. I will remove mine.  Why don’t you start one on that subject, brother? 

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Just a comment here, though opting out quite a few pages back. The only mark on the body that one would have due concern, would be the mark of the Beast. Now, I realize that in theory it will be a microchip and not an actual tattoo. But, it's also difficult to imagine authorities running around with handy scanners to ID everyone. It seems to reason, the identification should readily be seen. Just a thought. Here's something to note...

Chargma - The Mark in Mark of the Beast. The Greek word for mark is chargma. Strong's Concordance defines chargma as "a scratch or etching", "a badge of servitude", "graven", and finally "mark". Strong's also notes that chargma is directly related to the Greek word charax, which means "to sharpen to a point" and also describes "a stake". 

If I’m around (don’t think I will be) but if I am, I will be sure to say no to that one too! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I banned Firm Foundation and Bloodbought from this thread as they hijacked the thread into their own debate which has been going on in many other threads on the forums.  Stick to the topic!  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Spock said:

Wow, I didn’t know that. I’m glad my daughter does not have red in her tats. (I’m tat-less)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3445217/

18 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

I would think that verse 7 gives the reason and has nothing to do with temple prostitutes.   

Anyway, I hope my response is within the topic and if not I will move on if anyone objects to my reasoning in referencing head coverings and women dress when in church.

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

I agree....head covering does seem off topic. I will remove mine.  Why don’t you start one on that subject, brother? 

Yes please start a topic. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

16 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Just a comment here, though opting out quite a few pages back. The only mark on the body that one would have due concern, would be the mark of the Beast. Now, I realize that in theory it will be a microchip and not an actual tattoo. But, it's also difficult to imagine authorities running around with handy scanners to ID everyone. It seems to reason, the identification should readily be seen. Just a thought. Here's something to note...

Chargma - The Mark in Mark of the Beast. The Greek word for mark is chargma. Strong's Concordance defines chargma as "a scratch or etching", "a badge of servitude", "graven", and finally "mark". Strong's also notes that chargma is directly related to the Greek word charax, which means "to sharpen to a point" and also describes "a stake". 

Perhaps the MOB will have a nice tattoo with it. The tattoo combined with a very sophisticated tech device chip would really attract people. Kind of like how people have fallen in love with smart phones. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 12 July 2019 at 8:33 PM, Spock said:

Just curious Do you keep all 613, or at least the ones you are able to? I know you can’t follow the laws related to the Temple since there is no temple.

https://havurahshirhadash.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/mitzvot1.pdf

Jesus fulfilled All the ceremonial and ritual laws in his death and resurection. So as Paul made clear it is the law, the 10 commandments we up hold.

That says nothing about what the OT says about tatoos, except it was forbidding pagan practices.

So should a Christian do something with pagan roots/meanings?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Spock said:

Okay FF....on this we can find agreement. 

I agree, food doesn’t defile us although it can put us at risk  with high cholesterol if we don’t eat in moderation. 

And yes, cigarettes can also harm us by polluting our lungs. This reminds me of something Solomon said.....people can cause their own premature death. 

But.....I don’t see how tattoos can harm ones health. (Staying on topic) 

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/news/20160826/how-safe-tattoo-ink#1

• Brilliant! 1