Kristin

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

My mother is a reasonably nice woman. But my whole life she lies. About anything and everything. Dumb stuff mostly. But she lies. She is 82 and I’m visiting her right now and hear her on the phone and it’s just making up stuff. I don’t know what to think. It’s always been like this. She Lies all the time. She claims to be a Christian. 

Edited by Kristin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

22 minutes ago, Kristin said:

My mother is a reasonably nice woman. But my whole life she lies. About anything and everything. Dumb stuff mostly. But she lies. She is 82 and I’m visiting her right now and hear her on the phone and it’s just making up stuff. I don’t know what to think. It’s always been like this. She Lies all the time. She claims to be a Christian. 

I have known a few people like that, Kristin. I suppose, but can't make a quick snap-judgement about your mother in saying she could possibly be a pathological liar. It kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth, even saying a term like that for someone that is your parent. If she's 82, it's not likely that she'll change at this point. And there's a remote chance that it could be a mental deficiency of some sort. The Lord would certainly be mercifully understanding and forgiving in this case. At least I believe so. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

I have known a few people like that, Kristin. I suppose, but can't make a quick snap-judgement about your mother in saying she could possibly be a pathological liar. It kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth, even saying a term like that for someone that is your parent. If she's 82, it's not likely that she'll change at this point. And there's a remote chance that it could be a mental deficiency of some sort. The Lord would certainly be mercifully understanding and forgiving in this case. At least I believe so. 

I’m willing to overlook it because it’s usually about dumb things that don’t matter. But it occurred to me that liars don’t enter the kingdom. She literally lies a lot. It’s almost weird. I love my mom. I want her there. She also doesn’t like talking about our Lord very much. Although when pressed, she says she believes in Christ. I’m worried for her. She’s done this my whole life. She’s not mentally overly old. She’s in her right mind. I told her for the first time today I know she lies and she should stop. She got very mad at me for awhile. Would not talk to. Now she seems better about her anger with me. I never told her that before and I did it because the Bible says to confront sin when you see it. She does not really sin otherwise, but her lying is appalling. I love her. I told her in love. She’s so old and I want to see her in glory. 

Edited by Kristin

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

My late mother often told good story of our family relative, such as how dilligent her cousin was, how good they were with business etc only for me to find those good story was a novel story, because she help them greatly with money so she need to justify her good deed which came to ungrateful hands

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

49 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

My late mother often told good story of our family relative, such as how dilligent her cousin was, how good they were with business etc only for me to find those good story was a novel story, because she help them greatly with money so she need to justify her good deed which came to ungrateful hands

Forgot to add we were not even rich family.

@R. Hartono I honestly think it’s worse than that because she lies about nothing. Makes up things for no reason. She’s very convincing though. If you didn’t know better you’d believe her statements. She’s very popular and pretty. She has many friends. She tells stories that just are not true. All my life I either believed her or just didn’t care. Now though, because she’s old I’m a bit worried about her salvation. She says she believes in Jesus and is Christian, but I’m scared for her all of a sudden. 

Edited by Kristin

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

I’m willing to overlook it because it’s usually about dumb things that don’t matter. But it occurred to me that liars don’t enter the kingdom. She literally lies a lot. It’s almost weird. I love my mom. I want her there. She also doesn’t like talking about our Lord very much. Although when pressed, she says she believes in Christ. I’m worried for her. She’s done this my whole life. She’s not mentally overly old. She’s in her right mind. I told her for the first time today I know she lies and she should stop. She got very mad at me for awhile. Would not talk to. Now she seems better about her anger with me. I never told her that before and I did it because the Bible says to confront sin when you see it. She does not really sin otherwise, but her lying is appalling. I love her. I told her in love. She’s so old and I want to see her in glory. 

There are two types of liars.....saved liars and unsaved liars.....just like there are two types of gossipers or those that have lustful thoughts ......if she believes that Jesus died for her sins and that He rose from the grave her sins are covered by the Grace of God and the Blood Of Jesus Christ.Salvation is not about Behavior, it is about Belief.It is a free gift for those that  believe Jesus was who He said He was.Ask her if she believes 1 cor15:1-4 and you will know if she is saved or not.Both of you are in my prayers.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Kristin said:

There are people who are compulsive liars. Telling a lie is a sin. 

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Kristin said:

Now though, because she’s old I’m a bit worried about her salvation. She says she believes in Jesus and is Christian, but I’m scared for her all of a sudden.

May I suggest that you talk to her. Tell her that you are concerned for her, ask about the church she attends, and about what she believes.

You will need to repeat that you love her and are concerned for her.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Kristin said:

Maybe you can gently explain to her that you are concerned about the lying?   Perhaps ask her if she has ever asked the Lord to forgive her of this?