• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Evgen said:

Listen, Lol, you have had several posts commenting my topic (thanks a lot). So, these are my 2 comments to your 2 posts. OK? 

Suits me.......I would love to hear what life is like where you live.....freedom of speech and religion etc .....are you at any risk coming here and speaking your mind?  My nephew was a Missionary in China and he had to tread lightly to stay out of trouble...

3 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Yes, I understand where the disbelief and reluctance comes from— I was shocked too, when I first discovered it......however .......here it is ....

King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Now, take the pain to try to understand what you quote.

43 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Suits me.......I would love to hear what life is like where you live.....freedom of speech and religion etc .....are you at any risk coming here and speaking your mind?  My nephew was a Missionary in China and he had to tread lightly to stay out of trouble...

Suit yourself right where you are. GOD bless you & the nephew.

Edited by Evgen
correction

2 minutes ago, George said:

Actually this is a mistranslation.  This is a video to explain it.

That is good to hear.....the KJV verse is as  shocking to me as Is it is to others....I don’t like it .....but we can’t sweep it under the rug.....

To me , it is a moot point.....God will do whatever He wants to do.The one thing we know about God is that He is Love to the core.If we go with the worst interpretation of this verse and God created evil in the sense that we dont like it, it could only be because the alternative would  have been worse  for His Creation that He loved with a love we can not comprehend......It would not , and “ does”  not make sense to us.The suffering that Job had to endure did not make sense to him— he had no idea he was a poor guy stuck in the middle of an argument between God and Satan.Now we know at least one reason God allowed what seemed to be an injustice to occur is because the story of Job has helped millions in their Walks of Faith .To quote the song—— “ There’s Things Goin’ On You Don’t Know”.God will do what he wants , sometimes it’s none of our business- that’s essentially the lesson God wanted Job to learn.I trust Him no matter what He does ...... “ Where were YOU when I hung the planets?” 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

37 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If we go with the worst interpretation of this verse and God created evil in the sense that we dont like it

The problem is ... you can ALWAYS take a translation and a verse ... and create a doctrine out of it.  But as the Word says, you need at least 2 witnesses.  So if you can't find another passage to validate a passage ... then you have to investigate ... and see where the problem lies.  It's NEVER with the Word of God itself .. but often in "translation" which has a human element of trying to convey a thought from one language to another (also over time languages change -- so you have to take to thought what year was it translated) ... and the "interpretation" which has the human element of the interpreter.

A great way of looking at Scripture is checking its cross references.  Take a look at Isaiah 45:7.

https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=isaiah+45%3A7

43 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If we go with the worst interpretation of this Verse and GOD created evil in the sense that we dont like it, it could only be because the alternative would have been worse  for His Creation...

Good point.

4 minutes ago, George said:

The problem is ... you can ALWAYS take a translation and a verse ... and create a doctrine out of it.  But as the Word says, you need at least 2 witnesses.  So if you can't find another passage to validate a passage ... then you have to investigate ... and see where the problem lies.  It's NEVER with the Word of God itself .. but often in "translation" which has a human element of trying to convey a thought from one language to another (also over time languages change -- so you have to take to thought what year was it translated) ... and the "interpretation" which has the human element of the interpreter.

the same things uttered in Hebrew, and translated into another tongue, have not the same Force in them: and not only these things, but the Law itself, and the Prophets, and the rest of the Books, have no small difference, when they are spoken in their own language. (Sirach 1:2, KJV)

The cause of all this [translation] error is, that some are grammarians only, but know nothing of the Divine things concerned... (Martin Luther)

15 minutes ago, George said:

A great way of looking at Scripture is checking its cross references.  Take a look at Isaiah 45:7.

https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=isaiah+45%3A7

Had I not found that verse in the King James I would not have bothered to investigate it......I would have figured it was just a bad translation.....I have always used the KJV for authority when I find a verse that is translated 20 different ways......I know very well that no Version is perfect ,but so many teachers that I respect usually say  that the KJV is by far the best to go to and that is why I go to it often