LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

This is not a political post.  There is this ideal that every adult citizen age 18 and older, gets $1000.00 a month as a basic living wage.  So for fun. Lets just say that this happens. Your an adult and you get a 1000.00 every month.  Say the fist Monday of every month the check comes or gets deposited into your account. How would this change your life? What would you do with the money?  For myself I would not have so much worry about making the rent payment each month. Having a 1000.00 a month could cover that. I would also feel some reassurance in knowing that if worked slowed down, I would at less have something coming in to cover basic living.  So what are your thoughts? How would having a guarantee $1000.00 a month effect your life?    And again. Not political. Cause then the thread will get ban or moved and no one will have any fun. 

Okay to get things moving along. Lets say you get a 1000.00 a month along with any pay that you earn from your job.  

Edited by LadyKay
added more detail
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Is this in addition to what we bring in? If its just 1k alone its not enough. 

Id rather work because I could bring in more than 1k. 

I feel it'd be better suited to those that were disabled in someway. I feel it'd help them better. 

I also wonder with 1k for every citizen what kind of chain reaction that'd have. I have a penpal in Europe who's government funds universal health care-- though majority things are free or very low cost theyre taxed 2e perfect and its hard to hire people there. 

Just wonder what repurcussions it'd have.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1 hour ago, Heather2019 said:

If it was just that, it wouldn't be enough, unfortunately.  After taxes and paying for insurance, that is roughly what someone making exactly minimum wage in the US would have left over in the end.  Here in the US, rent is $1000 or more for small one bedroom apartments, and that's outside of the major cities (a little less for super old buildings).  

Right. A decent 1 bedroom could range from 900 to 1200 

And like you said after taxes much wont be left. 

However it would be a nice supplement.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

This is not a political post.  There is this ideal that every adult citizen age 18 and older, gets $1000.00 a month as a basic living wage.  So for fun. Lets just say that this happens. Your an adult and you get a 1000.00 every month.  Say the fist Monday of every month the check comes or gets deposited into your account. How would this change your life? What would you do with the money?  For myself I would not have so much worry about making the rent payment each month. Having a 1000.00 a month could cover that. I would also feel some reassurance in knowing that if worked slowed down, I would at less have something coming in to cover basic living.  So what are your thoughts? How would having a guarantee $1000.00 a month effect your life?    And again. Not political. Cause then the thread will get ban or moved and no one will have any fun. 

Okay to get things moving along. Lets say you get a 1000.00 a month along with any pay that you earn from your job.  

It would almost offset the extra taxes I paid to get the $1,000. So I guess I would be glad that I got most of my money back. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

If everyone got it, all it would do is raise prices. Every time there's a raise in income, near as I can tell, that's when prices increase. So nothing changes.

If it was just to me, hmm... I think I'd use it for gas money. Whatever is left over that isn't used on gas for the month is placed into my bank to gather interest. Even with extra money, I've always had a head for finance, and so I'd restrain myself. As much as one can or should restrain themselves, at least.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,566
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

That  is not so much more than is being given already. With federal earned income tax credit, Alaska's giveaway to residents,  Federal SSI benefits for families with kids and no man  in the household some families earn  more per month already than the mere $1,000 per person over eighteen being proposed.

Irritating, most unfair,  but then the sky has not fallen either.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Speaking as someone on disability this would be a significant quality of life improvement for me, even if it just replaced my present payment. I'd be able to slowly repair the house and replace failing or dead appliances. Then I could think about improving it. But more than that, looking back on my past, that $1000 a month probably would have spared me a lot of emotional turmoil and heartbreak when I was in a long term abusive situation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

First of all we have to establish that it is God's money not our money. How would you spend it to serve God?

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

It would help with the extremely high rent I have.   (And my rent is considered low by L.A. standards.).  So I wouldn't have to budget so very much.   Also, could help missions more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Where will the money come from? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1