Isaiah90

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

Can you share with us what you love about the Christian faith and why you remain a Christian despite your feelings about the Church?

I think it would just balance things out for those curious about Christianity who may visit this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Isaiah90 said:

Most Christians don’t study the Bible as i learned. They don’t even read it.

I feel this is part of what keeps some Christians in bondage.  They are told by their leaders that they must dress this way, or they must wear their hair a certain way. They must follow all these rules put on them by their leaders.  This shows me that the Word Of God  is meant  to set the Believer free! Free from the bondage that their leaders have put on them.  If they would read it and study it for themselves they would see this. They would be set free. :th_wave:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

14 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

Dust on the Bible, dust on the Holy Word
The words of all the prophets and the sayings of our Lord
Of all the other books you'll find, there's none salvation holds
Get the dust off the Bible and redeem your poor soul

I don't know what's worse, that or people playing with the Bible. They'll fold it like it's a newspaper or casually write things like phone numbers. They'll fold or lick the pages and treat it very poorly. 

17 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I feel this is part of what keeps some Christians in bondage.  They are told by their leaders that they must dress this way, or they must wear their hair a certain way. They must follow all these rules put on them by their leaders.  This shows me that the Word Of God  is meant  to set the Believer free! Free from the bondage that their leaders have put on them.  If they would read it and study it for themselves they would see this. They would be set free. :th_wave:

It reminds me of Jeremiah 32 when it speaks about corrupt shepherds. Because of people's ignorance about the Word, corrupt pastors take advantage of that and present their own ideas as truth. People believe it because it seems to make sense in their minds, but pastors are manipulating them. When i say people are ignorant about the Word, i mean they're VERY ignorant. I saw one survey showed that a good number of people believe Billy Graham gave the sermon on the mount instead of Jesus haha. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

1 hour ago, Isaiah90 said:

Obeying Jesus commands to love one another, make disciples, preach the Gospel, pray, fast, list goes on. 

What is the Gospel?

13 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

What is the Gospel?

That Jesus came to save people from their sins through his life, death, and resurrection.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Most church growth comes from small groups. I know that it's not the prettiest picture when you look at how people live their lives outside of the 4 walls of a church building. I know how you feel. I've felt that way too. What I found helped was to stay in fellowship (as you are) and keep an eye out for another fellowship that is a better fit with accountable leadership (knowing that there will never be a perfect group of Believers).

I also just saw this posted recently on social media that I believe may be a blessing to you.

"Jesus didn't say follow Christians, He said follow Me."

So whatever you do, keep in fellowship with the Lord and allow Him to steer your life always. God bless you! I am praying for you. :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Homosexuality is an abomination, in both OT and NT. Everyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. The body is not for fornication, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. Thus, masturbation is also a no-no.

How would you feel knowing other men have kissed your wife? I'd be a bit grossed out, honestly. I do agree that there needs to be a bit of character and personality, though. At the least, holding hands and hugging shouldn't be that bad.

Beyond that, I largely agree. Especially in particular when it comes to those who haven't even partially read the Bible. If they did, many of the issues would be more minimal. Hopefully.

Edited by Repose

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

I can understand your situation, ...approximately 3 years after I was born again I came to the conclusion that our pastor taught his ideas and opinions, ...however, ...at the same time during, the day at work, I was listening to Bible teachings on the radio and the two didn't jive, what I was hearing on the radio spoke to me, it fed me, it made me hungry for the Word, to know my Jesus intimately, ...so one day I asked the Lord to place me in the Church He had picked out for me, ...He did, He moved me 450 miles away from my personal comfort zone that I had lived in for the 39 years of my life to a small Church in a different State with only 35 Saints, ...He placed me in a family, ...it was like they knew I was coming and welcomed me with open arms the first time I walked through the door, ...so, ...may I suggest you try asking the Lord to place you in the Church He has prepared for you.

To take it a step farther..., I asked Father for a wife, my Eve, the woman He had prepared for me, ...He moved me 5,500 miles away from my Church in the States to introduce me to a Tahitian "vahine," that had been praying for an American husband for 12 years...

So,  ...how big is your God?

Lord bless

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1