• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, createdequal said:

faith does not keep us from sinning.

I have stopped sinning in big ways (more/less)  but I still sin in not so big ways. For example, if someone irritates me by being illogical in demanding something that makes no sense.. (OK, I had this one situation in mind but what I mean is:) when someone just acts like an idiot for no valid reason (attacks you, say, bc you are Christian), well, I can find myself very angry and possibly saying things I shouldn't say. I don't do this as badly as I once did but still... I am far from losing my faith but I am not (probably) acting as Jesus would like. I have gotten to the point where I don't say hateful sounding stuff but I do not try to hide my anger.. There's that scripture Be angry but sin not

in any case, again, faith does not stop us from sinning

and when we, say, hold onto anger at some given person, we are NOT close to Jesus.. we are focused on that person, in a sense idolizing that person by spending our mental resources on him/her when really, talking to some people is a total waste of time (or thinking about them, rather)

if you have a close relationship with the Holy Spirit he will tell you "don't do that" when things come up....   woe to you if you don't heed the warning.   Big things little things whatever if you have that relationship.....    and if you don't have that relationship then something is very wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, createdequal said:

ok, going to these psgs by number, I have the following to say

Wow... Just wow. I have never seen anyone except for an atheist practically balk at God's holy scriptures. At least now it's understood why you have such uncertainty concerning salvation. Umm... Is it the translation you don't care for? Let me know which one is your preference, and next time I'll bring it up for you. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, createdequal said:

of course you will be saved. But if you sin after being saved, you are fallen from grace and if the fall is hard enough.. you can end up in Hell

even Protestants say as much. I went to a I-net site yrs ago where this protestant woman claimed she visited Hell (Catholic claims of same thing also exist). She said she saw there a woman who was a devout Christian until her husband cheated on her, then she killed either the woman and/or the husband (can't recall but killed one of them). So she was in Hell. This woman who visited Hell seemed rather reliable.. though God knows.. Then she also saw a pastor in Hell who had taught the prosperity doctrine..

But if you sin after being saved, you are fallen from grace and if the fall is hard enough.. you can end up in Hell.....

Gal 5:4 defines “ falling from Grace” as adding Law to the Gospel Of Grace......The Bible also warns about being a poor “ Student” Of God’s Word, which you have proven to be.You are in a Forum where people know how to “ rightly divide the Word Of God”.You have been pitifully taught.Why put it on display ?

• Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

.The Bible also warns about being a poor “ Student” Of God’s Word, which you have proven to be.You are in a Forum where people know how to “ rightly divide the Word Of God”.You have been pitifully taught.Why put it on display ?

What a disgusting comment!

Even if @createdequal is lacking in knowledge (I have no reason to believe that, but you seem to), this is still a terrible way to speak to another. 

Repent, so you don't have to give account for these prideful idle words. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,724
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, createdequal said:

well, obviously one thing that annoys me when I hear that is: it implies you are a-ok w/ God just as you are which I doubt is the case. We are all sinners and we are all called to "Go and sin no more"

but what really bugs me about it is: HOW DO YOU KNOW?

You are not your own judge. Even St Paul said that while he knows of nothing offensive (paraphrase) within him, he nonetheless is not his own judge

So again, I believe in the doctrine that salvation is a process.. Yes, we have those lovely experiences that change us radically. But unless we die immediately afterward... yeh, we are going to have many crosses to bear and many trials and who knows whether we will do the right thing in those situations?

Hi again,

Well seems there has been a beating and a praising going on so far on this thread. Plus a bit of side argument one with another.

Gets kinda funny even as it gets rather sad in tone at times.

Let me side track a bit too and share an example of a thing that annoyed and of who needed an adjustment. I had a deacon that in being greeted with a "How ya doing? " would always respond "Better than I deserve". He would speak in a deep and emphatic tone which was his natural voice.

At first it too was annoying- Better than I deserve just sounded at first as presuming and well maybe even arrogant. But once I spent some time at thinking  it over I found it to be a real blessing that he shared- "Better than I deserve". And I came to think; Yes, me too!

Now this man was always busy serving others. He did run the race as though to win it, but always in his heart was the appreciation to his creator that his plight in life and his eternal future was and is better than deserved by any of his own doing.

It was not his attitude that needed adjustment, but mine. I learned to love his greeting, and made effort when I would see him to be the first to say  hi to him and always by saying "How ya doing?" Just to have the pleasure of his response- "Better than I deserve!", knowing that  I too have that very privilege from God.  

For I also know that I am saved. What I have is better than I deserve. I have no doubt whatsoever, by faith, but my faith is in that of Jesus' faith, not my own. My own comes because of what Jesus did. He gave the sign- of Jonah.

I rest in that  sign.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

What a disgusting comment!

Even if @createdequal is lacking in knowledge (I have no reason to believe that, but you seem to), this is still a terrible way to speak to another. 

Repent, so you don't have to give account for these prideful idle words. 

There are Newbies that come in and out of here that are liable to believe that tripe—- “If you sin hard enough you are going to Hell”—- and then that is referred to s “ falling from Grace”. I take this place VERY seriously and I take the Bible even MORE seriously. It is time for these lies, whether intentional or not , to be exposed and stomped Dead on the spot.Eternity is on the line in here. The Bible, in another verse that our friend is probably unaware of, says to be a “ good student of the Word, lest they  stand ashamed” Satan’s favorite ploy is to misquote Scripture.Shame on anyone that would come into this place spouting UNBIBLICAL pablum that could wreck the Walk of a New Believer.Dont Let your obvious dislike of me to cloud your vision— “ rightly divide the Word Of God” or face the “ shame” Jesus warned about......I stand by everything I said......Newbies, please go to Galations 5 to make it a part of your Foundation—- “Falling from Grace” does NOT mean to commit a big sin like the world believes ( Jimmy Swaggert falls from grace, read the Worldly Headlines)..... it means to think you can be saved with one foot in Grace and the other in Law because you do not have Faith in the New Covenant found I 1cor15:1-4 

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

40 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

There are Newbies that come in and out of here that are liable to believe that tripe—

And what a fine example you set for them with judging another's walk and raising your own. 

Be very careful in what you say to others in the zeal of your theology. Plenty disagree with you in here, not just I.  A humble approach would be to accept the fact that you don't know it all, and that perhaps the OP poster may be on the same level as you in the knowledge of the Bible (if you think that could be possible).  

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

15 hours ago, createdequal said:

well, obviously one thing that annoys me when I hear that is: it implies you are a-ok w/ God just as you are which I doubt is the case. We are all sinners and we are all called to "Go and sin no more"

You are not your own judge. Even St Paul said that while he knows of nothing offensive (paraphrase) within him, he nonetheless is not his own judge

So again, I believe in the doctrine that salvation is a process.. Yes, we have those lovely experiences that change us radically. But unless we die immediately afterward... yeh, we are going to have many crosses to bear and many trials and who knows whether we will do the right thing in those situations?

I quite understand you. Sometimes it can be irritating. What Colin Urquart called "froth and bubble".

As I got a bit older (and dumber) I tend to think now that as long as someone is searching and unsure, they are probably closer to the Kingdom than those who have it all down pat, and perhaps speak down to others who are not so certain.

If we search and keep searching, then I believe the Lord sees that. He knows our frail form and when He was on earth He was sometimes probably wondering...  He would go away and pray, sometimes all night because He wanted that closeness with The Father that He had had when with Him in heaven.

All I know to say is He does get it, even if some of us here do not.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

edit/delete 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

17 hours ago, createdequal said:

This idea of "being saved" was new to me when I first joined an online Christian forum. First of all, when we sin, there are consequences. Nothing changes that. Otherwise we would continue to sin. Second, what loving God is going to have you burn forever without just cause?