Jump to content
Seasoned by Grace

Setting God against Himself

Recommended Posts

when people decide on a doctrine or some dogma without using the entire Bible it I seldom really correct....

but when we throw stones at each other we should consider this::::

 

 

stone.jpg

 

Though he did one time take a whip to them....   drove them out of the temple if I remember it right....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coliseum said:

We are broken, flawed, blemished, and imperfect. We will stumble with one another and get messy. Praise God He still loves us in our messiness. Too, each of us is at a different place in our journey with Christ. Some are drinking milk, and others savoring  meat. Those who are mature in Christ do not lord it over others who are not. Those here on this site who have many points and posts must not think of entitlement and privilege, but rather even greater humility. Teach with grace---the truth, in love. We are fighting the need to be right, which is pride.  

I remember a pastor and I would go weekly to unbelieving homes and share the Gospel. He would lead me in prayer in the car as we drove so that we might be watchful of any fleshly unawareness in us before we met new, potential Christians. We wanted to see them saved by asking God to glorify Christ in us. 

Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.  

Quote

Those who are mature in Christ do not lord it over others who are not. Those here on this site who have many points and posts must not think of entitlement and privilege, but rather even greater humility. Teach with grace---the truth, in love. We are fighting the need to be right, which is pride.  

Amen !

Love One Another
…34A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.” 36“Lord, where are You going?” Simon Peter asked. Jesus answered, “Where I am going, you cannot follow Me now, but you will follow later.”…

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. ... to make straight and smooth, to handle aright, to teach the truth directly and correctly.

  • Well Said! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

This post coming from someone who wrote two very mean posts to me, calling me names and accusing  me of hurting my family. Get the log out of your own eye...

Did you report it?  We certainly don't want to tolerate any attacks on anyone.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, George said:

Did you report it?  We certainly don't want to tolerate any attacks on anyone.

No, because I felt like it was something I could handle on my own and I wasn’t sure if anyone else would see it as offensive, although another member messaged me that she was shocked by his behavior. 

It’s under the thread: ”When Should A Pastor Step Down.” I’m not sure you would see it as offensive, but I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is one of the posts.:

 

“WOW :o

My dear sister in Christ

You are still living in the middle of your abuse.

Letting go and moving on with the proper help is not what your doing and you have made your family a part of this  hanous drama instead of living a normal family life with them and protecting them from this. I would never tell my children anything like this because they are being made victims of your abuse.

Somehow you have justified putting your family through this horrible experience, and they have to bear the terrible details.

How do you justify doing this to your family. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR???

Look at the length of this last text, all the details, and tell me your not looking for something.

This is way beyond anything I understand or care to, but I feel more than sorry for your friends and husband and children that have to carry something never necessary for them.

To me yours is an insanity that has gone BERSERK and you in whatever mindset your in are "JUSTIFYINY" every ounce of it and damaging everyone around you in your twisted process.

No matter what those say around you, you need an INTERVENTION and MAJOR HELP>

My last words here my dear sister.

I'm beyond sorry that your life has beenturned upside down by this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how long this thread goes on, these are my last words here on this thread.

God bless you as God Himself  walks with you in your healing process - Dave”

 
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 12:37 AM, Seasoned by Grace said:

I realize this thread will get buried in no time like most of the threads here, but I felt a need to say this before everyone goes on doing same-0-same-o.

God through Paul, teaches us especially in nearly all of 2nd Corinthians on the topic of UNITY IN THE BODY OF CHRIST, which by the way I have never heard a message on in any church in over 40 years of church going :noidea:.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that discussing Gods word is absolutely necessary for our growth and have no problem with that, but GOD GAVE US BOUNDRIES to interact with each other, and discuss our faith and His word.

God calls it LOVE!! We as Christians , GOD SAYS, are known by the love we have for one another, but somehow, at least here many times, that seems to be an idea that is not taken seriously or even considered as a part of our salvation. It doesn't seem to scare us to berate a brother or sister because we think we are already saved and so we can act any way we want :swordfightsmiles:and God will still love us and call us home - OH REALLY:taped:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we beat each other up with differing verses to prove a point, but seem to forget that GOD IS NOT A GOD OF CONFUSION, and that the word of God was written in HARMONY, for HARMONY in the body, and HARMONY with every word in the bible. THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS or OPPOSING VIEWS in the bible, but we seem to forget, or never consider HARMONY and UNITY, and we use Gods word like it will justify every opinion, no matter how differing opinions oppose each other, and love and unity in the Spirit are never considered because too many people get caught up in trying to prove THEIR POINT with sometimes hugely drawn out postings trying to validate their beliefs, instead of coming together in love to seek out God's truth in a spirit of love and consideration for HARMONY IN CHRIST.

Did God create the bible so we could beat each other up with it and oppose each other in our ego's arrogance, and almost fanatical desire to be RIGHT.

One of God's main themes in the New Testament is LOVE, Unity, kindness, patience, long suffering ( Read 1st Corinthians 13 - The love chapter).

I also understand that we are to be defenders and contenders of the faith, and some even called to be apologists, but again, there are boundaries set by God how to carry out those gifts given to us by God for the BETTERMENT OF ALL MANKIND, not to be used to try and destroy a brother or sisters faithfor your own sake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE - I HAVE A REQUEST!

Consider the love you should have for each other, and the same kindness for others, that God has lavished on each of us when your posting.

LOVE IS NOT AN OPTION and is directly connected to SALVAION - YOUR SALVATION, so please be kind to one another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been posted with a great deal of love for all here in the body of Christ, and my prayer is it's taken as seriously as God see's it. IT'S A TERRIFYING THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD - Dave

yes i couldn't agree more, i commented on a post recently and someone responded very nastily to it, but remember not all of Israel is israel and worthy is an internet forum after all and not everyone who responds and talks to u is a believer even if they say they are.  and there are alot of narrow minded people in the world including the church.  but i have met some good people here so persevere and just ignore pity and pray for those who a mean on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 7:37 AM, Seasoned by Grace said:

I realize this thread will get buried in no time like most of the threads here, but I felt a need to say this before everyone goes on doing same-0-same-o.

God through Paul, teaches us especially in nearly all of 2nd Corinthians on the topic of UNITY IN THE BODY OF CHRIST, which by the way I have never heard a message on in any church in over 40 years of church going :noidea:.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that discussing Gods word is absolutely necessary for our growth and have no problem with that, but GOD GAVE US BOUNDRIES to interact with each other, and discuss our faith and His word.

God calls it LOVE!! We as Christians , GOD SAYS, are known by the love we have for one another, but somehow, at least here many times, that seems to be an idea that is not taken seriously or even considered as a part of our salvation. It doesn't seem to scare us to berate a brother or sister because we think we are already saved and so we can act any way we want :swordfightsmiles:and God will still love us and call us home - OH REALLY:taped:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we beat each other up with differing verses to prove a point, but seem to forget that GOD IS NOT A GOD OF CONFUSION, and that the word of God was written in HARMONY, for HARMONY in the body, and HARMONY with every word in the bible. THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS or OPPOSING VIEWS in the bible, but we seem to forget, or never consider HARMONY and UNITY, and we use Gods word like it will justify every opinion, no matter how differing opinions oppose each other, and love and unity in the Spirit are never considered because too many people get caught up in trying to prove THEIR POINT with sometimes hugely drawn out postings trying to validate their beliefs, instead of coming together in love to seek out God's truth in a spirit of love and consideration for HARMONY IN CHRIST.

Did God create the bible so we could beat each other up with it and oppose each other in our ego's arrogance, and almost fanatical desire to be RIGHT.

One of God's main themes in the New Testament is LOVE, Unity, kindness, patience, long suffering ( Read 1st Corinthians 13 - The love chapter).

I also understand that we are to be defenders and contenders of the faith, and some even called to be apologists, but again, there are boundaries set by God how to carry out those gifts given to us by God for the BETTERMENT OF ALL MANKIND, not to be used to try and destroy a brother or sisters faithfor your own sake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE - I HAVE A REQUEST!

Consider the love you should have for each other, and the same kindness for others, that God has lavished on each of us when your posting.

LOVE IS NOT AN OPTION and is directly connected to SALVAION - YOUR SALVATION, so please be kind to one another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been posted with a great deal of love for all here in the body of Christ, and my prayer is it's taken as seriously as God see's it. IT'S A TERRIFYING THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD - Dave

Thanks for your post.   We should always speak the truth in love.... should seek to be kind.

love-bible-verse-23.jpg.279d02a89a1026cb7f6a913f48e011cd.jpg

bible-verses-15.jpg.e79d98322e3518bf96452669c0af89f4.jpg

  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, ReneeIW said:

Here is one of the posts.:

 

“WOW :o

My dear sister in Christ

You are still living in the middle of your abuse.

Letting go and moving on with the proper help is not what your doing and you have made your family a part of this  hanous drama instead of living a normal family life with them and protecting them from this. I would never tell my children anything like this because they are being made victims of your abuse.

Somehow you have justified putting your family through this horrible experience, and they have to bear the terrible details.

How do you justify doing this to your family. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR???

Look at the length of this last text, all the details, and tell me your not looking for something.

This is way beyond anything I understand or care to, but I feel more than sorry for your friends and husband and children that have to carry something never necessary for them.

To me yours is an insanity that has gone BERSERK and you in whatever mindset your in are "JUSTIFYINY" every ounce of it and damaging everyone around you in your twisted process.

No matter what those say around you, you need an INTERVENTION and MAJOR HELP>

My last words here my dear sister.

I'm beyond sorry that your life has beenturned upside down by this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how long this thread goes on, these are my last words here on this thread.

God bless you as God Himself  walks with you in your healing process - Dave”

 

Do you know how to REPORT A POST?  At the top right of every post -- is REPORT POST ... you can simply report the post and we'll review it.  I'll leave it here so that I know you read this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, George said:

Do you know how to REPORT A POST?  At the top right of every post -- is REPORT POST ... you can simply report the post and we'll review it.  I'll leave it here so that I know you read this post.

 I did not know how to report a post, so thanks for letting me know. 🙂 It seems like you have your hands full, so I probably would not have been inclined to report it anyway. But if something like this happens again, I will report it.

You would think that if something was not edifying for all to read, a Christian wouldn’t post it on a Christian forum, and then try to pass it off as “concern.”

 It’s a reminder for me to make sure corrupt words don’t come out of my mouth. It doesn’t represent Christ well. 

Have a good day🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

 

 It’s a reminder for me to make sure corrupt words don’t come out of my mouth. It doesn’t represent Christ well. 

 

That is the best takeaway a Christian can have when someone is insulting, or assaulting one's character. I applaud your response.

As always, wishing you the very best in Christ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...