IGNORED

Ways to protect myself during and after pregnancy...

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Are tazers legal?

Apparently they are in 45 states, but a stun gun is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and can deliver 300,000 volts of electricity easily. Stun guns need to make actual contact, while tasers can be effectively used from a distance of 10-15 feet. 

TASER weapons are legal to sell and own in 45 states and Puerto Rico with little to no restrictions. They are currently banned from civilian ownership in Washington DC, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Big dogs are great. Its just after dealing with these small dogs. I feel im not a dog person. I feel they take more work than babies. 

Maybe when my son gets older ill get a doberman or bullterrier.

I was joking with you on the dog...it's actually not a great idea, if you can't keep little dogs under control, your not going to be able to keep larger dogs under control.

Realistically, I would just get some pepper spray and go about your day. Maybe walk/move somewhere with fewer roaming dogs if they bother you that much.

Or at least learn how to handle them. First thing you should realize is running is a really bad idea. You run and it will kick in the dogs hunt instinct...and your not going to be able to outrun anything larger then a toy poodle. 

Usually what works is a solid hit on the nose right in front of the eyes. Pepper spray works most if not all dogs as well. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

I was joking with you on the dog...it's actually not a great idea, if you can't keep little dogs under control, your not going to be able to keep larger dogs under control.

Realistically, I would just get some pepper spray and go about your day. Maybe walk/move somewhere with fewer roaming dogs if they bother you that much.

Or at least learn how to handle them. First thing you should realize is running is a really bad idea. You run and it will kick in the dogs hunt instinct...and your not going to be able to outrun anything larger then a toy poodle. 

Usually what works is a solid hit on the nose right in front of the eyes. Pepper spray works most if not all dogs as well. 

I can keep the small dogs under control. Its just they cane to us in bad shape. They arent socialized among a few other things. 

And yeah were planning on moving soon. As i left for an appointment today I saw another big dog roaming without a leash on. Idk whats wrong with the owners. Its not safe to have your dogs roam like that.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

If there are leash laws in your area, you might consider reporting roaming dogs to animal control to be picked up.

And don't forget to pray before you leave the apartment. I do believe that God's desire is to keep His people from harm.

Like @Godismyloveforever, I've been praying for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I agree with alerting animal control. We have a number of people who do that here too, and I'm always afraid some other dog will run up on my own. That fear is made worse cause I've got pits; the law isn't nice to pits. I've had too many run-ins.

I would suggest doing research on what self-defense weaponry is addressed in your area in the laws. More often than not, the law only addresses guns and tasers, rather than things like batons or knives. I wouldn't advise melee weaponry anyway however, due to the physical nature; decreased energy and decreased ability/mobility due to the stomach. That, and having to get close in general.

Mace is a good idea, but another option might be a tranquilizer gun. Takes them down without killing them, and is more effective at disabling than mace.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Are tazers legal?

Depends on the area. In a lot of states in the US they're legal. I think only a few have them as outright illegal.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well I have never been attacked by any dog except when I also have a dog. Plus I doubt if pepper spry is going to stop a dog bent on attacking another dog. It is just going to further infuriate it.

Simplest idea, don't walk a dog and the baby at the same time! As a mom cannot afford the distraction of controlling a dog and tending her child.

I have been on this planet almost 76 years now have walked with, played with, and supervised many a child including my own, and never once have had any need for pepper spray,  stun guns, pistols, clubs, or knives or even a whistle or cell phone.

About the only person I would worry about being around in town  or city today is any guy wearing a camo baseball cap with NRA badging.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Well I have never been attacked by any dog except when I also have a dog. Plus I doubt if pepper spry is going to stop a dog bent on attacking another dog. It is just going to further infuriate it.

Simplest idea, don't walk a dog and the baby at the same time! As a mom cannot afford the distraction of controlling a dog and tending her child.

I have been on this planet almost 76 years now have walked with, played with, and supervised many a child including my own, and never once have had any need for pepper spray,  stun guns, pistols, clubs, or knives or even a whistle or cell phone.

About the only person I would worry about being around in town  or city today is any guy wearing a camo baseball cap with NRA badging.

consider yourself very lucky....   I've been mugged twice and three times my carrying a weapon stopped them trying...   I've been attacked by more than one dog just doing my job and once just walking down the street in my own neighborhood.   We have people attacked by dogs while riding their bicycles down the street...

Best protection is specific prayer for it and confidence that Jesus answers  prayer. He does.

My own prayer also includes; Lord when all the good citizens pull out their guns at once  may they not shoot me and mine as they shoot each other. For no one will be wearing a good guy nor bad guy hats when  it all hits the fan. they will be shooting their own themselves and putting holes in floors all around.

Life is pretty grand if one just dos not get caught up ni reading too much internet nor watching too much Fox Cable News.

2 minutes ago, other one said:

consider yourself very lucky....   I've been mugged twice and three times my carrying a weapon stopped them trying...   I've been attacked by more than one dog just doing my job and once just walking down the street in my own neighborhood.   We have people attacked by dogs while riding their bicycles down the street...

I prefer to consider myself the recipient of answer  to prayer.