Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well our trick or treating got rain out. So we are going Saturday. Nov 2 . Dose it still count even though it is not Halloween? :P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I feel the ultimate question is would Jesus celebrate Halloween? Both the ancient and modern customs show the celebrations is based on falsehoods about the dead, spirits or demons. Recall the Bible warns: “There must never be anyone among you who . . . consults ghosts or spirits, or calls up the dead.” (Deuteronomy 18:10-12

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

33 minutes ago, Know Jah said:
Well, I feel the ultimate question is would Jesus celebrate Halloween? Both the ancient and modern customs show the celebrations is based on falsehoods about the dead, spirits or demons. Recall the Bible warns: “There must never be anyone among you who . . . consults ghosts or spirits, or calls up the dead.” (Deuteronomy 18:10-12

Where does the Bible say “ thou shalt not go out to gather up all the free candy you can get  because candy is fun to eat” ? That is what Halloween is all about.Wild imaginations can turn anything into something ugly. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I don't want to harp on this. In fact, the sooner we can lay it to rest the better. The reason is, that we as a forum had some members at each other's throats just a couple of days ago. Someone in one of two topics that was discussed doubted my allegations about razor blades in Halloween candies, poisonings and the like. I'll just leave it with this and have had my say, with point of view made. Please Worthy brothers and sisters, let's not fight with one another anymore. A number of us were badly hurt by it. Thanks, and God bless. 

Police in two Connecticut towns are investigating Halloween tricks after the discovery of a razor blade handed out with candy in Waterbury and gummies containing THC given as treats in Waterford, reports said.

One person is in custody after Waterbury police investigated reports that razor blades were handed out with candy, according to NBC CT.

The razor blades were not placed in any candy but were loose in children's candy bags, Waterbury police said.

The razor blades were traced to a home on Horseshoe Drive and police said they believe they have the person responsible in custody, NBC CT said. Waterbury police are warning anyone who went trick or treating on Horseshoe Drive Thursday night to carefully examine their candy and report anything suspicious.

Waterford police were notified by parents that two kids under 18-years-old had each been given a sealed package of "gummy" style candy that indicated each gummy contained 10 milligrams of THC, according to the department's Facebook page.

The parents discovered the gummies while inspecting their children's candy and called police at about 9 p.m., reports said. No one ingested the gummies and no was injured police said. The candy was handed out on Gallup Lane, police said. Officers have canvased the area and are investigating, police said.

Investigators have not yet determined if the gummies were handed out intentionally or by mistake, police said. Connecticut Medical Marijuana dispensaries are not authorized to sell edible candies, police said.

Parents should examine any candy their children received while trick or treating, police said.

Anyone with information is requested to contact the WPD at 860-442-9451.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Bout time we give it a rest here. Pretty obvious this is a sorry testament to those fifteen hundred viewers/seekers
watching us,  the children of God having another family shouting match.
Instead, maybe pray about it for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

Not a bad idea. 

Who is shouting? Scoffing at silly assertions made on the Internet is right on-point .People  (and I am not talking about the good people here) can claim ANYTHING , such as the  “ Earth is Flat”, George Bush orchestrated 9-11, or Elvis Presley shot Kennedy because he mistreated Marilyn Monroe and then John Lennon murdered Elvis for what he did to JFK.Its all on the internet and fools believe it.All of this stuff  could be true, and people are free to say whatever they wish.However, If they do not prove why they say is true , or at least offer some credible evidence, they can expect to be “ scoffed” at. It’s Biblical, after all.

Paul scoffed at the Judaizers who were hell- bent on getting everybody circumcised. He said , “ I wish they would just go ahead and cut the whole thing off!” Sounds like “ scoffing” to me.

Remember when Elijah was having a contest with some Heathen Leader.They put up a big pile of wood, soaked it in water and each side was going to put their God to the test— which side could call on their God to bring down fire from Above to light the wood pile? Of course, after waiting some time, the Heathen Leader could not get anything to happen and so Elijah “ scoffed” at him— “Hey, Where is your God? Did he have to leave to take a “ you know what ?” Elijah’s wording was a lot more graphic than mine—- and it was pure scoffing. Nothing wrong with a little ridicule every now and then . It can be used to make a point and some asinine assertions beg for it.The goal is to make people think twice before they throw out stuff that simple people actually believe.Say whatever you want— just make sure you can back it up—- or risk being in jeopardy of being scoffed at.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

21 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Where does the Bible say “ thou shalt not go out to gather up all the free candy you can get  because candy is fun to eat” ? That is what Halloween is all about.Wild imaginations can turn anything into something ugly. 

trick or treating is technically extortion...   if it were not so frivolous people would go to jail over it.   LoL

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

32 minutes ago, Watchman1975 said:

Same thing with Columbusday , Should christians celebrate Columbus day , the answer should be NO !

Why?

I know some tribes get bent out of shape over it, but some native americans think those tribes are kinda crazy for getting upset over it. 

When I lived on the navajo rez, the local newspaper had a cartoon about columbus day and renaming it. Two of the new alternatives in the cartoon were landfill burning day and fry bread day. Just shows how ridiculous the native americans felt about renaming columbus day.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:
On 10/31/2019 at 1:26 PM, ReneeIW said:

It was a protestant church,  @ReneeIW

I believe you. 

• Loved it! 1