Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not telling my fellow Christians what they should do. If you don't think you should partake in Halloween then you shouldn't. But I also think you shouldn't fault your brother's and sisters in Christ who do partake in Halloween.  Well that is all I have to say about that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

15 hours ago, turtletwo said:

My thoughts about it are in the following poem I have written:

Oct 31st Child's Play??

Where's the atmosphere of fear
On this unholy 'holiday'?
While the church turns a blind eye
And pretends it's child's play?

Satan and his minions laugh
At the flippancy expressed,
As the church believes a lie
And his schemes go unaddressed.

Who's the mastermind behind
This dark time of Hell-oween,
When it's in the name of 'fun'
So much wickedness is seen?

The grotesque and the bizzare
Get exalted every year;
Yet the cuter costumes counter
And distract away from fear.

The author of confusion
Does that thing he does so well;
For when he appears angelic
The mixed messages prevail.

Is the candy so inviting?
Is the 'innocence' so sweet?
Can we do it for God's glory?
(What the world calls 'Trick or Treat")

The occult becomes so active.
It's a time to watch and pray;
But the 'ostrich head is in the sand'
Within the church this day.

May the ones whose eyes are opened
Do their best to stand above
All the compromised excuses.
May we "speak the thruth in love."

If we don't stand against evil now, while we still have freedom...what will we do later when we don't?

I love you guys...but I firmly believe in being a God pleaser, rather than a man pleaser.

"For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God?" Galatians 1:10
"not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart." Ephesians 6:6

"whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

My policy in life is: If I can't do it for God's glory...I don't want to do it.

What I will be doing this Halloween is praying for the safety of the children. Please join me in this, brothers and sisters. 

@turtletwo

Amen! A very striking poem about the evil of Halloween. Well done and thank you for sharing.

I have only just seen this thread. We need to stand together in Jesus and warn others of the evil of Halloween. Give the enemy just one inch, and it’s a slippery slope. The evil that some people will be getting up to today means this world is even darker today than it usually is.

Let us all stand united together in Jesus. Pray for the safety of children and adults. The one who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world. We are a shining light in the Lord, shining even greater today because the world is darker.

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

On 10/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, ayin jade said:

Ok, I am curious. What does anyone think of churches that host horror houses that feature things like the torture of hell?

I think that`s terrible Jade!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

25 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

In my experience, they (the cult) do use abortions for sacrifice. At age 10, my first was taken by forced late term "abortion"  where my baby son was delivered alive and killed. :(

You were only 10 years old? :(

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

I have a new thought on Halloween. Okay...I`ve had, and read MANY opinions on this topic. First, let me say that it`s NEVER about "me"!!! I don`t  think I HAVE to be right. So unimportant!  We all have strong opinions at times, so moreso than others. haha. Originally, I just said that Halloween wasn`t a big deal these day, that it`s much different than it started. I kinda still do, HOWEVER...the Lord knows my heart, and that I`m ALWAYS open for Him to teach me, correct me, or whatever else He needs to do. I prayed this morning this very thing. I think it`s a really big deal to some people, for whatever reasons. They simply cannot embrace this holiday. I believe that we should try and be as respectful as we can for these people. I get nothing out of disagreeing with you guys or anyone else for that matter. Not really the debating type. I think MOST , not all of the time it`s pointless. The great debaters deserve their accolades. I can promise ya`ll this....if the Lord shows me that I`m wrong about my attitude towards Halloween, I`ll change it, FOR SURE!!! BTW...I don`t celebrate it, I only acknowledge that it exists. I don`t have kid, so no trick or treating in my world.  I`m all for a special day of teeth rottning candy, lol. In moderation of course. I DON`T think kids need to dress up as anything evil. Cute animals and such. Just remember, as Christians, we will disagree on many issues. I hope that we learn to handle it gracefully. It`s not a requirement that we agree on everything. It IS a requirement that we LOVE one another. I really do love you guys. As for Sugarbear, I`m ALWAYS working on MY attitude. God bless!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I just came back from decorating my church for our fall festival tonight.  I set up the cupcake walk area with tables, light green tablecloths, pumpkins [no faces], and fall leaves.  The chairs have numbers in the seats.  The music we will play is some Christian praise music.  Same principal as musical chairs - but the winner gets a cupcake instead of the loser having to leave the game.  There's lots of games and too much sweets, but we always make contacts and visit people and ask how we can serve them every day of the week.  It's a chance to offer a safe night of fun for children and their parents in the same place.

I covet your prayers for our church to be able to reach the unchurched tonight with the intent of inviting them to Christ and our fellowship.

I know and acknowledge fully well that there are bad things associated with this day and shun those things and I will be praying tonight for the safety of the innocents.  And for those who are traumatized by this day.

But I also refuse to allow those who are evil and satanic to "have" this day.  October 31 is also Reformation Day.  It's the day that Martin Luther nailed his 99 theses to the door of a church protesting injustices and unbiblical teachings.

For each, in this discussion, …...his own.  Her own.

For those who will be passing out candy and having fellowship with others in benign ways, remember those who do not and be patient and supportive.

For those who shun this day, remember those us of who acknowledge the day are not shunning you nor ignoring you.

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:

As close as I can remember, yes. Might have crossed over my 11th bday slightly before...

What I remember is that they gave me something orally to induce when In was somewhere around 7 or 8 months. Somehow, I knew that pushing my baby out meant his death so I resisted as long as I could. :/ The cult doctor made it look like I birthed a dead chicken before he used forceps to ...... and then the rest :(

This took place inside a hospital...but cult doc. 

Just asking. Was there ever any criminal charges brought against these people?  I mean 10 years old and that stuff going on. That's illegal.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Just asking. Was there ever any criminal charges brought against these people?  I mean 10 years old and that stuff going on. That's illegal.

Politely butting in, but the answer to your question is partly explained in the Pennsylvania Grand  Jury Report that came out last year. Extreme child abuse in the church(sadism, whippings and brutal child rape) were occurring, and when reported to the police, the police referred the matter back to the church.

I believe that is on page 4 of the Introduction  to the report.  The report is 800 pages, but if you just read Part Three of the report(it’s only 16 pages) it describes all of the abuse that went on. The introduction describes the cover-up and how they convince people not to go to the police.

Also, asking someone to go to the police about these types of crimes is similar to asking someone to go to the police to report the Mafia. 

• Well Said! 1

20 minutes ago, Prodigal Son said:

It's one thing to get drunk but it's quite another to summon up demons.

Most people just go trick or treating. At less that is what I do.  While yes I agree that one should not be summoning demons. Trick or treating never summon anything but candy.  

Edited by LadyKay
  • Brilliant! 1

44 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Politely butting in, but the answer to your question is partly explained in the Pennsylvania Grand  Jury Report that came out last year. Extreme child abuse in the church(sadism, whippings and brutal child rape) were occurring, and when reported to the police, the police referred the matter back to the church.

I believe that is on page 4 of the Introduction  to the report.  The report is 800 pages, but if you just read Part Three of the report(it’s only 16 pages) it describes all of the abuse that went on. The introduction describes the cover-up and how they convince people not to go to the police.

Also, asking someone to go to the police about these types of crimes is similar to asking someone to go to the police to report the Mafia. 

But what does this have to with Halloween? I do not understand. From what you said, it sounds like the abuse was on going. Not just on Halloween but everyday of the year. I seem to recall watching a report about this. It may have been from Dateline.