• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

Praying for you dear sister. Every single Christian has a story. The one who is rich and famous is worried about being rich and famous; the one who lives in abject poverty must wonder where his next meal comes from. The goal I think is to be able to finally say, like Paul, 

Philippians 4:12-13 (NIV)
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." 

Paul learned to believe Christ at his word! Peter learned to believe Christ at his word! The Centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant learned to believe Christ at his word!

You signed off above as "Your friend in Christ." I would only add the adjective, "eternal." :)

Truly this is one goal that I'm working on daily with God.

Thank you from my heart.

absolutely, eternal friends in Christ

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Revlori said:

Hello

I've been going through many trials and feeling great pain both in my heart and body. I have felt worried and have feared as well as doubted. I have confessed these times to God and have asked for forgiveness. I know I'm forgiven but My question is: when we are born again and are walking with the Lord, are these feelings of worry, doubt and fear a sign that you lack faith in God's ability to accomplish all that you have asked God to do?

Facts first, then faith and feelings.

Anxiety/worry/etc. require you to get in-person counseling from church members.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

12 hours ago, Revlori said:

Hello

I've been going through many trials and feeling great pain both in my heart and body. I have felt worried and have feared as well as doubted. I have confessed these times to God and have asked for forgiveness. I know I'm forgiven but My question is: when we are born again and are walking with the Lord, are these feelings of worry, doubt and fear a sign that you lack faith in God's ability to accomplish all that you have asked God to do?

Revlori,

have you considered the fact that you are being disciplined? The fiery trial is upon you? I say this with the intent of comforting you, and helping you to rejoice in these times. 

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. (Hebrews 12:6-11)

RE: the fiery trial

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. (1 Peter 4:12-13)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

God Bless.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Revlori,

There are times when my own faith and worry have let me down, and I get especially disappointed in myself because I know how great and loving our Lord is. The first thing I do is to pray, but what also makes a difference is to remember what God has done for me in my past trials. He enabled me to get through them and grow my faith and trust to what it is today. However, I know that in the future there will be more trials and my faith will again be tested but it will grow from what it is today. I won’t have the perfect faith and trust needed while living in my body but I look forward to the days of peace of being with our Lord forever.  I will pray for you, your family and granddaughter that His loving care, plans and timing be seen soon in your lives.

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Been there, done that...

Also remember there is another powerful force trying to instill doubt, worry, confusion and questioning in your walk with Christ. 

The Apostle Paul addresses and explains what Christians should do in Ephesians Chapter 6:

• Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

It happens to all of us. Do not let anyone question your faith in the Lord because you go thru trials and feel bad.

Here is a neat trick. You see, the principalities and powers and those nasty little demons are all about making our lives miserable. They know that as long as they can DELAY the second coming they can win a few for their kingdom of darkness. They are territorial spirits (aka Psalm 82, Deut 32). They rule the nations, but not forever. And the nasty little demons try to get us down often...

So what will really get to them is if thru our trials, we do what Yeshua did, and bless our God. Just like Job. When we are thankful to God in our trials, we really poke those fallen holy ones and remind them of their end. It is not far off: "...you are gods, but you will die like men..." 

God Presides in the Divine Assembly (psalm 82:7)
…6. I have said, ‘You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7. But like mortals you will die, and like rulers you will fall.”

It is not about feelings, but about God's Kingdom - "on earth as it is in heaven". 

• Well Said! 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 10/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, Revlori said:

Hello

Hi Revlori, and how are you all? after reading your post, I could not  past it up, but to let you all know that, you are never alone, we believe in keeping His commandments in loving our Lord.

Christ's Example of Suffering 

(Isaiah 53:1-8; Matthew 26:57-68; Mark 14:53-65; John 18:19-24)

21For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

If we Love Him/Jesus

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 10/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, Revlori said:

Hello

Usually they are attacks of satan against us to cause us to doubt God's word.  However, we are told to pray  according to His will, and the best way to do that is to pray the promises.  Sometimes we pray with selfish or greedy motives and God won't provide those things because we pray wrongly or amiss.  

We know he can do the things we pray for but often we doubt that he will.  God reserves the right to try our faith and answer out prayers in His own time, like when we pray for the salvation of a family member.  That one is a sticky wicket because God allows people free will to resist His grace. So I kept praying day and night with groaning too deep for words, tears and persistence.  This is travailing prayer, like when we give birth.  There are times that we doubt, but normally God will give us a scripture to cling to during those times that give us hope.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

On 10/31/2019 at 8:18 AM, Revlori said:

Those who are around me are suffering,as my loving husband has progressive MS, this is going on ten years

@Revlori My heart goes out to your husband, as well as to you. Major diseases like MS are so difficult. (I've been living with neurological conditions since 2006, including symptoms of MS. I'm an invalid now.) 

You love your dear husband. To be concerned about him and your granddaughter just means you care deeply about them. It is natural. I don't see this as a sin. I believe the Lord understands. So please don't be so hard on yourself. :emot-hug:

Take it to the Lord in prayer. He is faithful to hear and answer you. The tough part is that it is not always in our way or our time.

He loves you. Cling to that thought and to the scriptures that give you daily strength. I know how frustrating illness and trials can be.

1943789926_1peter57.jpg.3f116ee077e2d0f39c1eca0858d2f295.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 1