• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Behold said:

"Can a woman be a Pastor of a New Testament Church".

As I recall, there was once a queen ruling over Israel at one time. Is the name Esther a reminder?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

There is a movement called progressive Christianity. Not a good thing.

That doesn't even sound good by the very name of it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Steve_S said:

The real problem though, is if you start saying anything Paul said was just his opinion, which is required if you are going to apply 1 Corinthians 7 to 1 Timothy and Titus indiscriminately, then you are tossing out half of the new testament as just the theological opinion of a former pharisee with no inspiration. Either it was inspired or it was not. It cannot be "it was inspired on the things that we like and it was his opinion on the things we don't." And that, right there, is my main problem with the whole thing.

I just really really really wanted to give you an Amen on the bold/underlined portion .... 

So,  :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well. Getting to the political part of this thread.  Paula White is Trump's personal pastor. What do all of you think of that?  

• Haha 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well. Getting to the political part of this thread.  Paula White is Trump's personal pastor. What do all of you think of that?  

5 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

LOL ...it is a joke all the way around. Oh my goodness.... 

I ditto what Abby said - she doesn't deserve the term "Pastor" applied to her ... I thought she was transitioning to "life coach" anyway.... 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

There was a woman who judged Israel (was not queen), Deborah. Esther was not a Queen over Israel. She was a queen of Persia and was so chosen after queen Vasthi insulted the then king of Persia Ahasuerus, probably Xerxes. A queen in her situation did not rule as the queen of england does now. Queen was not a hereditary title that implied leadership. The queen in the persian court was basically the most favored wife of the king (he had numerous concubines).

There is, however, a time that a woman did indeed try to claim rule and queenship over Judah after the fashion of kings. Her name was Athaliah. In fact, she attempted to usurp the authority that had been given to the royal line and, indeed, tried to wipe it out. Jehoiada was able to protect one of the King's sons from her attempted purge. I won't recount the rest of the story, but suffice it to say that it did not end pleasantly for her.

Edited by Steve_S
Clarification.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

The places where Paul said ...it is not God's command, but his best judgment based on his relationship with Christ. Paul was well versed in the law. But it still leaves a little different flavor ...

Then you have to scrutinize all of Paul letters the same way then Abby.  No, Paul was an apostle, that is he got direct revelation from the Lord.  If he used the word I, it does not necessarily means it is  his own personal teaching.  Don't you think Paul knew that a statement like that would have serious wranglings within the Church.  He gave a reason why he made the statement, if you read it its entirety in 1ST Timothy.    

1 Timothy 2 King James Version (KJV)

Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 Peter 3:15-16 calls the letters of the apostle paul scripture. 

15 And think of the long-suffering of our Lord as salvation (as our beloved brother Paul also has written to you according to the wisdom given to him 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction).

2 Timothy 3: 16-17 states that all scripture is God breathed scripture.

16 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

I  wonder what some will do when He reveals a female apostle?  Better be careful.....that  could get dicey real quick for someone locked in flesh based "theology" :)

• Thumbs Up 1