• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Behold said:

I dont have a case.  I'm just trying to help you  to stop  teaching heresy.

Understand, that you are trying to lead Christians who have been " freed from the curse of the Torah", right back into it.  You are a CLASSIC Galatians 1:8.   Its like you are the exact person Paul is talking about in that Letter.

Now, the law is Abolished. As the NT teaches.     You just have to read your New Testament.

Ephesians 2:15 :

"""""JESUS., by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that He might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,"""

This is Jesus FULFILLING.......all that the Law required so that we would no longer be under the "curse of the TORAH". (The Law)

"I'm just trying to help you  to stop  teaching heresy."

I appreciate your concern.

But HERESY includes the false teachings of false prophets (2Pe.2:1) who OPPOSE Torah (Dt.13:1-5).  

So HERESY is TORAH-DISOBEDIENCE.

So OBEY TORAH!

"you are trying to lead Christians who have been " freed from the curse of the Torah", right back into it."

WRONG.  The CURSE applies to those who do NOT HAVE FAITH.

The Bible requires FAITH (Rom.5:1;Gal.3:11).

So have FAITH and be FREE from the CURSE of the law.

By the way, FAITH IS OF TORAH (Mt.23:23;Dt.32:20;Ps.119:30,86,138).

So OBEY TORAH in FAITH and be free from the curse of the law!

Not free from the law itself.....but free from the CURSE of the law.

"You are a CLASSIC Galatians 1:8.   "

WRONG.  I UPHOLD Paul's Gospel by which we are saved IF WE HOLD FAST TO THE WORD PAUL PREACHED (1Cor.15:1-4) which is FAITHFUL TORAH-OBEDIENCE (citing Dt. 30:14 at Rom.10:8).

Gal. 1:8 does NOT oppose LAW + FAITH.

"the law is Abolished. "

OOPS!  TORAH passes directly into the NEW Covenant (Jer.31:33;Heb.8:10;10:16).

So OBEY!

"by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances"

The ORDINANCES are "δόγμα" not TORAH!

The ordinances are HUMAN DOGMA, not Torah.

There is NO TORAH COMMAND which requires a division between Jews and Gentiles (Eph.2:14)....that's just a bogus HUMAN DOGMA.....NOT TORAH.

Thus, HUMAN DOGMA is abolished in Eph 2:15, not Torah.

After all, Paul just told you that your hope is in the COVENANTS (plural! Eph.2:12)....and the covenants are given as TORAH (e.g., Jer.31:33).

So Paul is OBVIOUSLY not going to abolish the Torah of the covenants which Paul UPHOLDS in Eph.2:12!

"This is Jesus FULFILLING.......all that the Law required"

FULFILLED is not ABOLISHED.

You haven't proven your claim.

You can FULFILL your marriage duties tonight....and tomorrow, you're still married!

CONCLUSION:  FULFILLED is not ABOLISHED.

"so that we would no longer be under the "curse of the TORAH". (The Law)"

Of COURSE we are free from the CURSE of the Torah.....

NOT free from the Torah itself....

But free from the CURSE of the Torah.

After all, Torah passes directly into the NEW Covenant (Jer.31:33).  Jeremiah did NOT lie.

blessings...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

46 minutes ago, Alive said:

You are contradicting yourself all over that post.

You say that I don't study the Bible and my bible is a paper weight......well, OK. That is a funny thing to say.

Anyway--none of what you said above deals with my post.

See ya later.

I quoted you, and answered all your comments with the Word of God.  The fact you saying I didn't is a cop out, because you know you are wrong so better to dismiss the messenger then to change your ways and be more Christ-like. "John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil." You just rebuke Jesus, not me.

What is funny is that you say you do not live by the law, but you use the law to say you are living by it.  The Bible/Word of God is the Law, so when you quote scripture that says "I am saved by Grace so don't need the law", you are saying you are living by the law by not living by the law.  Also all your Scripture is using Paul to call Jesus a liar, not understanding Paul was trying to explain the spiritual lessons and not dismiss the teaching of Jesus.

Sadly you don't know what the law is, so how can you say you don't need to live by it since you use it and quote it every time you try to make a point.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Wow! What in the world are you talking about.

Merry Christmas.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Mercy Trumps Law.

Did Jesus help Stone the Woman caught in the very act of Adultery? Do you kill your Children when they show disrespect ?

Lets pray that God extends His Mercy to ModernDay Judaizers......Lets hope “ fallen from Grace” and “ severed from the Cross” and being caught in “ Unbelief” does not mean an Eternity in Hell

NOTHING But The Blood Of Jesus for Salvation.....I THANK GOD that I am not on the wrong side of that argument.....I hope Newbies get this ingrained in their Souls....Salvation is a gift GIVEN to those that DO  NOT  WORK for it......100% Grace....

Amen, the Law is so holy, it is impossible to keep, therefore is the judge of mankind.

I run from the judge and plead my cause to Jesus for clemency.

Hebrew Roots folks celebrate judgement...would even kill for the Law if they could do it legally.

They are anti-Grace by default.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

"I seldom read your short posts.....I sure as heck ain’t gonna read a long one....."

Then be sure to NOT read the Bible!  It's WAY too long, eh?

"One does have to commit a overt sin to be sinning."

WRONG.  Some sins are unintentional (Nu.15:24).

"Why aren’t you down at the local Food Bank passing out food to the poor?"

Why assume EVERYBODY is required to do the IDENTICAL SAME jobs in life?

"Plenty of sick people in the hospitals right now could use a visitor. "

Why assume I don't visit?

"How many complete strangers have you invited to STAY in your home this week, to feed and clothe them"

That's unsafe for my family.  Love PROTECTS....

" SILLINESS  of thinking they can justify themselves before a Perfect God with their pitiful PerformanceBased Salvation"

True.  AVOID works without faith.

Instead, be justified by WORKS (Jas.2:24) and FAITH (Rom.5:1) TOGETHER.

"No matter what you “ do” it’s never enough!"

DO righteousness (1Jn.2:29;3:7;Ac. 10:35;2Ti.3:16) or else you are a child of the devil (1Jn.3:10) who will not inherit the forthcoming kingdom (Mt.5:20).

DO obedience to Torah, and be assured ETERNAL LIFE (Lk.10:25-28).

"A wise person “ gets it!”"

TORAH-OBEDIENCE is your WISDOM (Dt.4:6).

"Just ONE lustful thought makes you a candidate for Hell"

Good thing the BLOOD cleanses us from all sin! (1Jn.1:7)

"Hate somebody and in God’s eyes you are no better than a murderer..."

God hates too (Mal.1:3).  Imitate God (Eph.5:1).

"Break just ONE Law and you stand as guilty as a reprobate "

GOOD reason to obey the law!

"God’s Intention is to get you to “ Shut Up” and come to an end of yourself . "

Jesus expects us to LIVE (Mt.4:4) by EVERY WORD OF GOD (citing Dt. 8:3 referencing Torah).

"Your situation is UTTERLY HOPELESS !"

Our HOPE is in the covenants (Eph.2:12) which are given as TORAH (e.g., Jer.31:33).

" finally coming out of the “ Fool’s Paradise”"

Don't be foolish.  FOOLS oppose wisdom (Pr.24:7) in Torah (Dt. 4:6).  So obey Torah!  Don't be foolish!

"the Lie that he has something to offer God "

We offer God OBEDIENCE (Rom.1:5;16:26) to TORAH (1Jn.5:3;2Ti.3:16;Jn.14:15 + Mt.5:19).

"That Satanic Lie"

Lies are bad.  Torah is TRUTH (Ps.119:142).  So OBEY Torah!

Satan inspires the antichrist who opposes Torah (2Th.2:3-4).  So OBEY Torah!  Don't be like satan.

" I do a splendid job of keeping Torah and the Laws Of God "

Your Torah-obedience determines your position in the forthcoming kingdom (Mt.5:19).

"Who cares what Peter said? He said “ Neither He nor His Fathers could keep Torah” . "

Rather, the yoke of Ac.15:10 is the ANTI-Torah yoke requiring TORAH+CIRCUMCISION as proof of salvation.

That's why Torah-obedient Peter OPPOSES the ANTI-Torah yoke in Ac.15.

"Peter was wise enough to know he HAD to have a Savior!"

And we are saved from SINS (Mt.1:21), i.e., from TORAH-DISOBEDIENCE (given Rom.3:20;7:7).  So OBEY!  Don't keep sinning!

" God wants you to use His Law to see the utter folly of trying to keep it "

OOPS!  Moses said it is NOT too difficult (Dt.30:11).  Moses did not lie.

Luke said all Torah CAN be obeyed (Lk.1:6).  Luke did not lie.

Jesus said ALL TORAH (Mt.5:19) is EASY (Mt.11:30).  Jesus did not lie.

"The only thing you or anybody else has is the GRACE of God "

GRACE is given to the HUMBLE (Jas.4:6;Pr.3:34;1Pe.5:5).  HUMBLE people obey TORAH (Nu.12:3;Ps.25:9;Zep.2:3;Ex.33:13).  BE HUMBLE (1Pe.5:6) thus means OBEY TORAH!

After all, God commands Torah (Dt.1:3;5:27-33)....so OBEY!

"IF you have been blessed by the Holy Spirit"

The SPIRIT testifies we obey TORAH (Heb.10:15-16).

The SPIRIT leads us to obey ALL Torah ordinances (Eze.36:27).

The SPIRIT leads us to obey Torah (Rom.8:13 + Rom.8:7).

The SPIRIT is the substance of Jesus words (Jn.6:63) which include TORAH (Mt.5:19;23:2-3,23,34;Lk.10:25-28).

The SPIRIT is given to those who obey God (Ac.5:32) who requires TORAH (Dt. 1:3;5:27-33).

Paul obeys in the Spirit (Rom.7:6).  Obeys what?  TORAH! (Rom.7:25).

So OBEY!

"True Repentance For Salvation"

Those who REPENT obey TORAH ("שׁוּב", Dt. 30:1-8).

We have salvation in the Gospel IF WE HOLD FAST TO THE WORD PAUL PREACHED (1Cor.15:1-4) which is faithful Torah-obedience (citing Dt. 30:14 at Rom.10:8).

"That ONLY the Spirit’s Conviction Of sin brings to a Contrite Heart . "

Yes, sin is bad.  So STOP SINNING (1Cor.15:34) means OBEY TORAH (given Rom.3:20;7:7).

"NOBODY is going to Heaven that does not possess a CONTRITE HEART!"

And those with a contrite heart (Ps.51:17) offer TORAH ANIMAL SACRIFICES (Ps.51:19).

We WILL do this again (Dt.30:1-8)....or else Moses is a false prophet.

"Contrite Hearts or PROUD HEARTS?"

PRIDE is bad.  So be HUMBLE (1Pe.5:6).  HUMBLE people obey TORAH (Nu.12:3;Ps.25:9;Ex.33:13;Zep.2:3).  So be humble and obey TORAH.

"Torah that Paul said was” weak and beggarly”"

OOPS!  Gal. 4:9-10 refers to PAGAN feasts, not TORAH feasts.  Paul COMMANDS Torah feasts (e.g., 1Cor.5:7-8).

"Its all about having a God- Given “ Contrite” heart."

Torah too (Mt.5:19).

After all, the CONTRITE obey TORAH (Jer.44:10).

The CONTRITE obey TORAH (Is.66:2).

The CONTRITE even offer animal sacrifices (Ps.51:17-19).

"Some had better get on their knees and Turn to God and pray "

God requires Torah (Dt.1:3;5:27-33).

Psalms are prayers (Ps.72:20), and Psalms require TORAH (e.g., Ps.1;19;119).  And Paul requires Psalms (Eph.5:19;Col.3:16).

So offer Torah-obedient PRAYER to God who requires TORAH.

"“ God, have Mercy on me, a sinner!” "

And God has MERCY upon those who repent and obey TORAH (Ex.20:6).

So OBEY!

"Jesus said “ He went home JUSTIFIED”"

We are JUSTIFIED by Torah (Rom.2:13) and WORKS (Jas.2:24) and FAITH (Rom.5:1) TOGETHER.

" Saved. Forever. "

Forever....IF YOU CONTINUE IN PAUL'S WORD (1Cor.15:1-4) which is FAITHFUL TORAH-OBEDIENCE (citing Dt. 30:14 at Rom.10:8).

Forever....IF YOU CONTINUE IN JESUS' WORD (Jn.8:31) which is TORAH (Mt.5:19;23:2-3,23,34;Lk.10:25-28).

"The Satanic Delusion Of keeping Torah "

Paul says we should KEEP GOD'S COMMANDS (1Cor.7:19) which, of course, are contained in Torah (1Ki.2:3).

Moses said it is NOT TOO DIFFICULT (Dt.30:11).

Luke said ALL TORAH can be obeyed (Lk.1:6).

Jesus said ALL TORAH (Mt.5:19) is EASY (Mt.11:30).

" “merit” Heaven is a damnable Lie. "

Of COURSE we don't "merit" heaven.  The BLOOD cleanses our sins away (1Jn.1:7)....not our faithless works.

" the only thing that God has EVER been looking for is a CONTRITE HEART"

Uhh......God commands a LOT MORE than "thou shalt be contrite".....the commands are PLURAL! (1Cor.7:19;1Jn.5:3;Jn.14:15 + Mt.5:19;Dt.6:5,25).

"Get with the Program, Legalists . "

Whom are you talking to?  Nobody here argues for salvation by works without faith.

The BIBLE argues for justification by WORKS AND NOT FAITH ALONE (Jas.2:24).

Paul tells us to WALK IN WORKS (Eph.2:10).

"Pray for the God- Given Contrite Heart.  "

Amen!

The CONTRITE obey TORAH (Jer.44:10).

The CONTRITE obey TORAH (Is.66:2).

The CONTRITE even offer animal sacrifices (Ps.51:17-19).

So OBEY Torah! 

Otherwise your prayer is an abomination (Pr.28:9).

blessings...

He’s got an answer for everything , doesn’t he? I don’t understand how he can be in so wrong  about EVERYTHING.......A broken clock is at least correct twice a day ! As we say here in Southern Ohio— Even a “ Blind” Hog finds an acorn!

Please don’t take this too personal, but  you really give me the “ creeps”. And this is coming from a guy that has the Holy Spirit living in him...I don’t think that bodes well for you....I am the True “ Chief Of Sinners”, yet I am Saved because I Rest in the Gospel Of Grace.You Add to it in your ignorance . In reality , you have been given so much Biblical Truth , you don’t  really have any excuses.You are not really “ ignorant” .You are “ stuff- necked.”

I pray countless prayers for the people here at Worthy .....why is it that I feel no compunction to pray for “ you?” I hope God allows you to “ come to your senses” and repent of your Haughty Self- Righteousness That rejects the very Grace That could save you . Meanwhile , I believe it’s past time to “ shake the dust off my feet” and get away from you and your ilk.If you want to respond for the record , please do so.Please keep in mind that I will never read it.....I pray that Lurkers, Newbies, etc. dismiss your UnBiblical Hogwash !  “Bible Guy?” You call yourself? You wouldn’t understand the True Bible if it came up and bit you on the........butt.Farewell , and remember you heard it here — NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD! 

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

5 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

PAUL required the DEATH PENALTY for sexual sin (1Cor.5:5).

Do you oppose Paul?

Did Paul attempt to kill the man or turn him over to the judgement of the wrath of the Law(judgement of God)?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

"One does have to commit a overt sin to be sinning."

Oops....just caught this...it is supposed to say, “ One does NOT  have to commit an overt sin to be guilty of sinning”.........I always seem to suffer when I fail to proofread.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

6 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

PAUL required the DEATH PENALTY for sexual sin (1Cor.5:5).

Do you oppose Paul?

1Co 5:5 NKJV  deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

When God lets Satan have his way, He is said to “deliver the sinner unto Satan” (compare Psa 109:6). Here it is not finally; but for the affliction of the body with disease, and even death (1Co 11:30, 1Co 11:32), so as to destroy fleshly lust. He does not say, “for the destruction of the body,” for it shall share in redemption (Rom 8:23); but of the corrupt “flesh” which “cannot inherit the kingdom of God,” and the lusts of which had prompted this offender to incest (Rom 7:5; Rom 8:9, Rom 8:10). The “destruction of the flesh” answers to “mortify the deeds of the body” (Rom 8:13), only that the latter is done by one’s self, the former is effected by chastisement from God (compare 1Pe 4:6):

the spirit ... saved — the spiritual part of man, in the believer the organ of the Holy Spirit. Temporary affliction often leads to permanent salvation (Psa 83:16).  Jamison, Faucet & Brown.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

The GOSPEL is the WORD PAUL PREACHES (1Cor.15:1-2) which includes TORAH-OBEDIENCE (citing Dt. 30:14 at Rom.10:8).

GRACE is given to the HUMBLE (Jas.4:6;Pr.3:34;1Pe.5:5).  HUMBLE people obey TORAH (Nu.12:3;Ps.25:9;Zep.2:3;Ex.33:13).  So, BE HUMBLE (1Pe.5:6) means OBEY TORAH!

Grace is not given to the "Humble'.   Grace is given to any and all who will "Believe".   = "all that call on the name of the Lord Shall be SAVED."

You are teaching ...  Jesus + Law (Torah) = Salvation.

This is a lie.   and moreso, its cursed of God Theology, according to Paul,  ... Galatians 1:8.

Christ came to deliver us from the "curse of the Torah" (Law)", and you are teaching that believers are to go back under the "Torah", (Law)

This is Galatians 1:8

Be glad im not a mod, as i'd never let you continue to teach this lie.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/18/2019 at 7:32 AM, simplejeff said:

False grace has been seen,   but what you say has not been seen by "others on this Forum & Thread".

For a couple years,   asking for a quote of ANYONE who thinks they can obtain salvation by keeping the Law,  NOT ONE has been quoted so far.

Are you asleep?

You say that noone is teaching "law+Cross" = salvation.

You are kidding us, right?

Here is your update... Go and read my last 30 posts to BIBLEGUY, who is here ONLY treaching, that Law (Torah), + Grace, is salvation.

Try to pay attention.

Thx.