IGNORED

What is your interpretation of this scripture?

joebloggs

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, RogerDC said:

Not if you had a good reason.

Did Paul ever explain his reason?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, bcbsr said:

1Cor 14:34,35 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

What about women who prophecy?  Didn't he  previously say that  prophets are allowed to speak - but in an orderly fashion? And doesn'tt he say in a few verses, "my brothers, be eager to prophesy"? But these are referring to men. Throughout the Bible, both Old and New Testament, the term "prophet" is never applied to a woman who prophecies. In every case the Bible uses the term "prophetess". So in this case concerning the public assembly of the Christians, prophetesses are not allowed to speak.

This is an application of the principles he spoke of in chapter 11 whereby "the head of the woman is man" 1Cor 11:3b and likewise he says with regards to the assignment of roles in the church, "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve." 1Tim 2:11-13 Again he alludes to Biblical concept of male headship in defense of this application. It is not a matter of culture, but "as the Law says"

Women are to play a role subordinate to men. Her role is one of  submission, just as Jesus was subordinate to the Father. Her beauty "should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." 1Peter 3:4

However with regards to speaking, what he's referring to is speaking in an official capacity - like those in the church who prophecy in the public assembly. It's disgraceful for women to usurp authority over men through such public teaching. The implication is that women are not to be pastors over men nor even so much as to teach Sunday School classes where men are involved. However "older women are to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:3-5 Women are to teach children and other women. Consequently it would be good for churches to have separate Bible studies for women lead by women so that they could more freely practice their spiritual gifts with regards to speaking.

Well @bcbsr,

You see, all these things have been brought up and repetitively so. Perhaps a "quick-scan" would behoove you of this fact. Why don't we just let the topic close out now instead of haphazardly posting on the tail end of threads without reading through them first. It's all been said before, bro. Okie-dokie? God bless! :P

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

since when are there 12 commandments .. shows how much you know not

"Just don't teach all that stuff, as how God keeps you saved." .. I speak only what I truly believe and shall keep on doing so UNLESS and UNTIL the Holy Spirit enlightens me otherwise .. if any teaching is being done by what I say it is because:

1. I am speaking scripturally proven TRUTH

2. I fully submit to having the Holy Spirit work in and through me, so it is HE Who is spreading His Word and Truth in and through me

Yes there are 12.   God gave Moses the  10, and Christ gave the other 2.    Can you count?   I can.

God offers the Gospel of  Grace Thru Christ on the Cross.  John 3:16    The Blood Atonement is the Grace of God offered as the Gift of Salvation, based strictly on "justification by Faith".

Philippians 1:6 says that God started  salvation in all the born again, and  "will Himself be faithful to complete it."

Thats not you.  so, whatever is leading you, whatever spirit this is, does not like that verse, and really seems to have an issue with The Grace of God.

So, .... listen carefully......What you are to do, is give Jesus all the credit for being the savior, for saving us and keeping us saved..... and never try to save yourself with your works, and commandments, that can't save you.  And you are never to teach that false gospel according to Paul, in Galatians 1:8.

You should stop.

The "Gospel", is "justification by faith", based on the Shed Blood of Jesus, who died, and rose again.

Ive noted for a while now that you talk a lot about being led by something, but whatever is leading you, is not leading you to agree with Paul, or the Grace of God.   

Let me assure you that the Holy Spirit commends and exults IN The Cross and the Grace of God, and would never be found teaching "self effort" and "self saving".....as your gospel teaches, and as others around here teach.

Im not the only one who  is noticing this about you.   Believe me.

You were not even able to explain How the Blood Atonement KEEPS a born again Christian Saved.

Your unfortunate  answer was to talk about self effort......same as always.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

32 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

Adam and Eve both disobeyed so were both guilty of sin 

Eve was not made when the command to not eat was given, and what Eve quoted to Satan was not what God had told Adam....    Eve was deceived into eating of the fruit but Adam had no excuse...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, other one said:

Eve was not made when the command to not eat was given, and what Eve quoted to Satan was not what God had told Adam....    Eve was deceived into eating of the fruit but Adam had no excuse...

Happy wife—happy life?

:-)

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

1 minute ago, Margo1945 said:

if I remember correctly, Eve told the serpent Satan that God said not to eat the fruit or they would die .. Eve knew but Satan tried to downplay all God said by saying God just didn't want them knowing all 

Two important little details:

And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden;

“but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”

God never said "do not  touch".  We are not  told where she got that idea, but her  understanding of  the Word was flawed.  I personally believe the open  door  must have been Adam failing to  transmit  His Word to his wife precisely and accurately.  Adding to the Word is just as big a door to  deception as taking away from it is.   Eve was not created when God gave Adam the instruction about  the  tree of the knowledge of  good and evil.   I feel safe assuming she  got her  understanding of it from Adam.  Adam got it directly from God.

But this  next bit really makes all that a moot point.  Adam was not  off somewhere weeding the potatoes when satan started working on Eve......the  one who  heard the truth, from the horse's mouth, was right there listening to all of  it....yet for some reason he did not  correct the  misinformation.

When the woman saw that the tree produced fruit that was good for food, was attractive to the eye, and was desirable for making one wise, she took some of its fruit and ate it. She also gave some of it to her husband who was with her, and he ate it.

Then the eyes of both of them opened, and they knew they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Mankind did not fall until Adam ate.  Eve got tricked, Adam walked into disobedience with  eyes wide open.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Margo1945 said:

Christ's two great COMMANDments envelop the 10 Commandments .. they are not added to them .. they are them .. 

I shall continue to say what I truly believe UNLESS or UNTIL the Holy Spirit advises me otherwise .. 

I answered Blood atonement many times and if you don't like my answer, so be it

consider this: when Christ said 3 times in John 14 that IF we love Him, keep His COMMANDments and that IF we keep them, He and the Father will come to dwell in and with us .. would it not the opposite be true that IF we don't keep His COMMANDments, THEN we don't love Him and THEN He and His Father WILL NOT dwell in and with us as They will not go where They are not wanted and not obeyed

Well, you said there are only 2 commandments.   But there are 12.   And if you now say, "oh yeah, but what i meant was the 2 that Jesus gave"....then that would also be wrong, because as Jesus is God, and God gave the 10, and as Jesus is the Incarnate Word who was with and is God, at that time,...... and now as well is still God who was manifested in the Flesh .... , then according to Colossians 1:16, which said that everything that was created, in heaven on earth was by by/through JESUS, then that would include the very stones that contained the 10 commandments that Jesus as God also wrote.  So, im getting technical and scripturally strict because there is more here then you see.

Ok ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as i said to you in my last post.   ITs good to keep all the commandments. Its good to live holy.   Its good to be a doer of the word and not just a hearer.

Jesus said "if you love me you will keep my commandments".. but what He didnt say is....."if you don't and you are born again, you will go directly to the lake of fire, after you die".

Also, Jesus said that if those Apostles who He is talking to will keep them, then Jesus said He will pray for them (LATER),  that God would send them the comforter. (notice He didnt pray that prayer  for them at that TIME), and why is that ?????

Keep reading...

What Jesus does not say is that by keeping commandments, you will be born again and kept saved, if you keep them.  And how could He?  He should know more then anyone that its His Shed Blood On the Cross that is the redeeming salvation that He has not yet provided at that time in John 14.  And after He provided it and went back to Heaven, the Holy Spirit was THEN sent = BECAUSE of the CROSS and BECAUSE 0f the Ascension =  the Comforter was later sent down.

And because Jesus is in heaven right now "making intercession for the born again", = IS that PRAYER HE TOLD THEM IN JOHN 14 HE WOULD PRAY.

So, being that He does not say that keeping commandments saves us or keeps us saved or causes us to be indwelt BY THE HS, then be sure you dont teach it as your Gospel, as that would be Galatians 1:8

Listen, Look at it in reverse.  Think of it like this......If keeping commandments could cause the Holy Spirit of God to come and join you to Him or keep you joined to Him, then why did Jesus have to Die on a Cross. ?????

A born again person is joined to God and kept joined to God, by the Blood Atonement.  The Blood Atonement is why you are forgiven and redeemed and the only reason God accepts you or keeps you.  Commandment keeping has no part in that, plays no role in that, and has nothing to do with being SAVED.  It only has to do with your personal behavior AFTER you are saved.   = Discipleship.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Well @bcbsr,

You see, all these things have been brought up and repetitively so. Perhaps a "quick-scan" would behoove you of this fact. Why don't we just let the topic close out now instead of haphazardly posting on the tail end of threads without reading through them first. It's all been said before, bro. Okie-dokie? God bless! :P

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Given that there are about 300 posts, a "quick-scan" of a few seconds each would require about an hour of my time. 

I was simply responding to the OP directly, which I don't think is against the forums rules. 

54 minutes ago, Alive said:

Happy wife—happy life?

:-)

obviously not a good idea for Adam.....    or several other's in history.     Wives have caused a lot of trouble throughout history....   Mohammad originally thought the entity that brought him the Koran was a Demon....   it was his wife that convinced him otherwise.....   

57 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

if I remember correctly, Eve told the serpent Satan that God said not to eat the fruit or they would die .. Eve knew but Satan tried to downplay all God said by saying God just didn't want them knowing all 

Eve said that if they touched it they would die....   which was not what God said and technically Satan was not telling a lie at the time.