IGNORED

What is your interpretation of this scripture?

joebloggs

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

Yes, I would say I am, though it isn't something normally discussed in our church.

:runforhills:

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 minutes ago, OneLight said:

John, do you go to a Synagogue where men are separated from the women, where men are the only ones who speak?  Have you researched the culture of Paul's days?

There is a world of difference between women not being allowed to speak in the Synagogue and homosexuality - why even try to go down this rabbit hole?

Yet, you do not believe what Paul states about the Synagogue.  Either you accept the whole bible as true, or not.

I believe we should obey all of God's commandments. They are found in the Bible. I do not believe the epistle writers had the authority to issue commandments.

8 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Where does t say that you can pick and choose of what to believe from the Bible?

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.Proverbs 30:5

Where does it say the epistle writers had the authority to issue commandments?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Regarding 'authority' as it pertains to Christ and His Church and Husband and Wife.

Is it not true that when we as 'sons' (regardless of gender), submit to our Head Christ that we find the experience of 'freedom'?

We are freed from the burdens and harm that come along with rebellion in whatever form or degree. When we trust and repose in our Lord, there is peace and the struggles with the flesh fall behind us. We look to Him in trust and obedience and the things of the world become more dim and less vital.

Christ loves the Church and desires that we know this experience...yes, this Rest.

Does it make sense that the 'wife' having this same attitude toward her husband (her head) will share the same? Albeit of a different sort toward the 'husband', but ultimately in realizing this 'principle' be experiencing as through her 'husband' an added blessing--as she is also submitting to her Lord Jesus Christ at the same time?

In the spirit, the wife experiences freedom by having an attitude of submission to her husband. This is a very real thing and not to be understood with the carnal mind, but the spiritual. This is a blessing to her and in doing so is free. She is essentially in a protected place, just as we all are 'In Christ'.

In either and any case, not by force, but willingly as the result of a desire to please the Lord. In the same way the husband loves and cherishes his wife and sets an example for her--as Christ has for His Church. The 'spiritual' husband never forces. As is the case in all things, none of us is perfect--we fall short--but it is good for us to aim for the highest. Pressing on.

There is freedom in submission as a principle of Life. And never as a purely mechanical thing. This is a very beautiful thing and the opposite of bondage.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Yes, I would say I am, though it isn't something normally discussed in our church.

Can you explain to me what a Christian is?

Who is Jesus to you ?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Where does it say the epistle writers had the authority to issue commandments?

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.Rev.22:18

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

I cannot believe God told Paul to tell us that women can't speak in churches or that husbands should rule over their wives. That would be great for men, but not so great for women. Jesus told us to love our neighbors as ourselves, and this just isn't love. Paul was a great man and had much to teach us, just as Charles Stanley of In Touch Ministries is a great man, but I don't believe everything Charles says is true, and I don't think the two things above that Paul said are true.

Rule over them.....   God told us to love our wives the way he loved the Church...    he sat by and let a group of people beat him half to death then hang him on a tree to die....   

That's the way we are supposed to treat our wives, not "rule" over them....   and when we are treating them in that manor, they are to subject themselves to us....   because what we do and decide is always   "ALWAYS" in their best interest....

I've watched Charles for decades and I don't believe he has ever said that Jesus came down and struck him blind then spent months teaching him how to spread the gospel to the gentiles.

Oh Well.....   Maybe it's just because I'm not a Baptist.....     I don't know.....

8 minutes ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

@johnthebaptist, does your church teach that only parts of the Bible are inspired by God, or is this a conclusion you came to by yourself? 

It would depend on the pastor.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You all just excuse me for I don't belong in this thread.....

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Can you explain to me what a Christian is?

Who is Jesus to you ?

First, Jesus is God in flesh, I believe. 

As for what a Christian is, off the top of my head, it would be someone who believes in Jesus.