IGNORED

Could the rapture be referred to as a coming?

kenny2212

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

I always find there are a few people in these types of discussions, same people usually, that make comments they feel are insightful but are really the result of religious blindness. 

It's as if they enter a religion and check their cognitive abilities at the gates in exchange for the propaganda of the nearest 'church'.

But, we love the lie don't we? People love to be lied to. Songs are written about this. Religion loves to lie to the people and the people suck it up like there's no tomorrow.

Put someone on a stage that talks a lot and throws around a few verses and repeats, "Amen?" and the people are mesmerized. 

What a bunch of dupes. Yes, I'm talking to you.

14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

How do you interpret these verses?

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-54 

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

If someone did explain it to you the religious drug you're on prevents understanding. I believe your God is GotQuestions.

• Well Said! 2

14 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Oh, there is indeed a removal of the righteous or “rapture” if one wants to use that word.  The OT has many passages that support the idea the righteous, both dead and living just like Paul wrote, will be “hidden” in their “chambers” in the pavilion of the Lord.   Isaiah, Zephaniah, David, et al all wrote about it as happening before or at the start of the “time of Jacob’s Trouble, which is the calamities many call the 70th week or “tribulation” period.

The density of some minds is astounding. Trying to prove a point that has nothing to do with the replied to post. Post faith religion has made the 'rapture' an object of worship, conjured by the mind of man spurred by dark whispers, fashioned by the hand of man, prepared as spiritual food and force fed to the masses. Literally ripped from the truth the result is the same as consuming forbidden fruit; taken from that truth, refuted by the very bedrock from which it's taken; cuddled and nurtured by post faith religion and grown to immense, uncontrollable proportions like the rebellious progeny it is. 

There is no dispute over the reality of the gathering of the elect at the appointed time. The dispute is the wasted mind and heart destroyed by post faith religion through nonexistent church 'truth', a manufactured truth, fleshy, not of the Spirit, fear based, diluted pseudo sustenance, at which the people greedily feed. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

8 minutes ago, Diaste said:

The dispute is the wasted mind and heart destroyed by post faith religion through nonexistent church 'truth', a manufactured truth, fleshy, not of the Spirit, fear based, diluted pseudo sustenance, at which the people greedily feed. 

Ha Ha. Yes let's all worship the sacred cow of Darby and Scofield... Unmitigated drivel for the pew-warmers that want a cushy load of nonsense. Come right up ladies and gentlemen, do not forget to check you mind in at the door. Let's all sing hymn number 101; Lord send the elevators to my back yard, the TV remote is bust and I'm finding it hard...  DUHHH???

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Diaste, are you saying that there is no rapture? I know the word "rapture" isn't in the bible, but its synonym "caught up" is. The word "rapture" isn't in the English bible but is in the Latin Vulgate as "rapiemur". The word "rapiemur" translates to the word "rapture" in English.

1 Thess. 4:17 -

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

VUL 17 deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus
NIV 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

God bless us all

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Thanks, Godismyloveforever

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/29/2020 at 3:32 AM, kenny2212 said:

I just don't see the necessity of a rapture after the tribulation. Let's say believers go through the whole tribulation... Majority of the believers would definitely be tortured and killed. Let's say Jesus comes after this and says "Count yourself lucky; you have a part in the rapture". Won't the believers be right to ask "Isn't it too late for that now?" A rapture at the second coming is definitely too late. God might as well let believers (non-Jewish believers) make it alive into the millennium. The rapture has to happen but earlier (1 Thess. 4:15-17). What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make sense for God to allow the believers to go through the suffering of the tribulation before rapturing them. Something as unique as the rapture should have a unique purpose... Something as unique as the rapture shouldn't be tied with anything else (hope you understand what I mean)...

God bless us all 

Shalom, kenny2212.

It depends on what the Rapture is for and where is its destination. See, I don't believe it's for "going to Heaven" at all. Its purpose is to TRANSFER PEOPLE from wherever they are on the planet to the Messiah, wherever HE will be, and HE will have just come back to earth to rescue His people from genocide! He'll be in the Middle East, and that's where WE will be going, too! Think 3D not 2D! It's a HORIZONTAL SHIFT as well as a VERTICAL SHIFT! It's not just to get us into "heaven" or "the sky"; it's also to transfer us to a different LAND!

Edited by Retrobyter
for clarification
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 1/25/2020 at 10:53 PM, kenny2212 said:

The Rapture is coming .. But at the second coming of Jesus.. Those children of Jesus who are alive and remain at the second coming will be caught up into the sky to meet up with Jesus upon his return.. We shall be coming right back down to earth with Jesus to rule the world with Him..

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

3 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

I just don't see the necessity of a rapture after the tribulation. Let's say believers go through the whole tribulation... Majority of the believers would definitely be tortured and killed. Let's say Jesus comes after this and says "Count yourself lucky; you have a part in the rapture". Won't the believers be right to ask "Isn't it too late for that now?" A rapture at the second coming is definitely too late. God might as well let believers (non-Jewish believers) make it alive into the millennium. The rapture has to happen but earlier (1 Thess. 4:15-17). What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make sense for God to allow the believers to go through the suffering of the tribulation before rapturing them. Something as unique as the rapture should have a unique purpose... Something as unique as the rapture shouldn't be tied with anything else (hope you understand what I mean)...

God bless us all 

God allowed the first Christians to be persecuted and killed for their faith.. God has allowed Christians to be persecuted and killed for their faith in Jesus for near 2000 years.. Jesus forewarned us the following::

John 16: KJV

33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

1 hour ago, Adstar said:

The Rapture is coming .. But at the second coming of Jesus.. Those children of Jesus who are alive and remain at the second coming will be caught up into the sky to meet up with Jesus upon his return.. We shall be coming right back down to earth with Jesus to rule the world with Him..

If that is the case, and the righteous are caught up and immediately come right on down with Yeshua to rule with him, then who would be left to be the sheep of the sheep and goat judgement of Matthew 25 and Joel 3?  It would seem if the righteous were gathered as you suggest, that when Yeshua lands on the earth, all that is left is goats.  But it says the judgement is after He assumes control and judges the nations.